Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@Riot Teemo NEED buffs, and here is why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spoopy

Member

10-14-2012

To be completely honest I was one of those people who mained Teemo to level 30, back before some of his nerfs. I own all but two of his skins, one of which I will never be able to buy. I still love Teemo, but I never play him anymore because it's nearly impossible to win with him unless the other team doesn't build MR or the game ends in a surrender at 20 minutes.

The moment someone sees a Teemo on a team, the mindset for the rest of the game is simple. Get to late game and we only have to worry about 4 players. This hardly seems a fair/balanced tactic. A champion should not become as useless as Teemo does late game. In reality, a team can simply shut Teemo down early because of how squishy he is, dominate the lane he was in and win the game early due to the early head start.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

Senior Member

10-14-2012

Quote:
Sougazan:
To be completely honest I was one of those people who mained Teemo to level 30, back before some of his nerfs. I own all but two of his skins, one of which I will never be able to buy. I still love Teemo, but I never play him anymore because it's nearly impossible to win with him unless the other team doesn't build MR or the game ends in a surrender at 20 minutes.

The moment someone sees a Teemo on a team, the mindset for the rest of the game is simple. Get to late game and we only have to worry about 4 players. This hardly seems a fair/balanced tactic. A champion should not become as useless as Teemo does late game. In reality, a team can simply shut Teemo down early because of how squishy he is, dominate the lane he was in and win the game early due to the early head start.

Odd, being as I main Teemo, most of my wins are at 30+ min.

In fact...

My last five games with Teemo (as per lolking) are as follows:

Game Length: ~41 min. 11/2/15. 238 CS. Full six item build. Win.
Game Length: ~25 min. 3/1/1. 108 CS. Three items. Loss.
Game Length: ~25 min. 5/5/1. 89 CS. Four items. Win.
Game Length: ~32 min. 8/5/11. 165 CS. Five items. Win.
Game Length: ~36 min. 11/5/7. 124 CS. Five items. Win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Da Shizziest

Recruiter

10-14-2012

I agrre teemo use to be my main but now with the buffs on champs and high damage of people like rengar, Kha'zix and Darius i don't see any reason to play as him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWheatOne

Senior Member

10-14-2012

Quote:
DarksideEric:
Odd, being as I main Teemo, most of my wins are at 30+ min.

In fact...

My last five games with Teemo (as per lolking) are as follows:

Game Length: ~41 min. 11/2/15. 238 CS. Full six item build. Win.
Game Length: ~25 min. 3/1/1. 108 CS. Three items. Loss.
Game Length: ~25 min. 5/5/1. 89 CS. Four items. Win.
Game Length: ~32 min. 8/5/11. 165 CS. Five items. Win.
Game Length: ~36 min. 11/5/7. 124 CS. Five items. Win.


Ranked? What Elo? If you've been following our conversation, you'd know that Teemo destroys those unprepared for him.

That is in fact, what makes Riot think he is balanced, in a way like Master Yi, who if given the chance to carry, will do it to the extreme, but that won't happen once the opponent knows how to prevent that. Still doesn't mean he's viable in high elo or even in above-normal lvl 30 matches, even if his win/loss rate averages at 50% overall.

Teemo does much the same, especially with those that try to brute force a win with no thought on what Teemo can do to them. The difference between him and Yi is he can't carry as hard against a competent team, even if he does get a good laning phase. On the other side, there are actually high Elo Teemo players, but they are extremely rare, and are usually picked as a counter to a player unfamiliar or champ very vulnerable to his play style. (ie Riven, Singed) Aside from that though, I never see him played in tournaments, let alone win, or even have a positive K/D. In Solo ranked que, he is never played seriously by the highest elo players ever, even against those specific champs he is supposed to counter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsabo

Senior Member

10-15-2012

Quote:
DarksideEric:
Odd, being as I main Teemo, most of my wins are at 30+ min.

In fact...

My last five games with Teemo (as per lolking) are as follows:

Game Length: ~41 min. 11/2/15. 238 CS. Full six item build. Win.
Game Length: ~25 min. 3/1/1. 108 CS. Three items. Loss.
Game Length: ~25 min. 5/5/1. 89 CS. Four items. Win.
Game Length: ~32 min. 8/5/11. 165 CS. Five items. Win.
Game Length: ~36 min. 11/5/7. 124 CS. Five items. Win.


All your Teemo games are normal, and you aren't even ranked, so even if they are pretty good games, your argument is invalid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

Senior Member

10-15-2012

Quote:
Tzabo:
All your Teemo games are normal, and you aren't even ranked, so even if they are pretty good games, your argument is invalid.

All of my recent games are normal. I'm 21 wins/12 losses with Teemo in ranked. Pulling that card is rather dumb.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

Senior Member

10-15-2012

Quote:
Warm One:
Ranked? What Elo? If you've been following our conversation, you'd know that Teemo destroys those unprepared for him.

That is in fact, what makes Riot thing he is balanced, in a way like Master Yi, who if given the chance to carry, will do it to the extreme, but that won't happen once the opponent knows how to prevent that. Still doesn't mean he's viable in high elo or even in above-normal lvl 30 matches, even if his win/loss rate averages at 50% overall.

Teemo does much the same, especially with those that try to brute force a win with no thought on what Teemo can do to them. The difference between him and Yi is he can't carry as hard against a competent team, even if he does get a good laning phase. On the other side, there are actually high Elo Teemo players, but they are extremely rare, and are usually picked as a counter to a player unfamiliar or champ very vulnerable to his play style. (ie Riven, Singed) Aside from that though, I never see him played in tournaments, let alone win, or even have a positive K/D. In Solo ranked que, he is never played seriously by the highest elo ever, even against those specific champs he is supposed to counter.

If you noticed, the person I was originally responding to was making comments about how Teemo is useless in late game. In my experience, late game in both normal and ranked is where I get even better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsabo

Senior Member

10-15-2012

Quote:
DarksideEric:
If you noticed, the person I was originally responding to was making comments about how Teemo is useless in late game. In my experience, late game in both normal and ranked is where I get even better.


The problem is, when you are playing against a decent team, you will be unable to end the game before late game starts, specially if u're playing with Teemo,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prof YANA

Senior Member

10-15-2012

Teemo would never be released today, because he's quite frankly the single most OP champ in the game for one reason (and one reason alone); map vision is king and he's got free wards that last over 3x longer than any other sight-giving ability. 10 minute wards for no gold cost, even if they have a smaller than normal vision radius and explode on contact, is extremely powerful and wouldn't fly on any modern champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWheatOne

Senior Member

10-15-2012

Quote:
DarksideEric:
If you noticed, the person I was originally responding to was making comments about how Teemo is useless in late game. In my experience, late game in both normal and ranked is where I get even better.


Lordy. ANY CHAMP does better late game if they have a good early-mid! I checked your record, but it has no recent ranked games at all, so I can't say at what level you're at, regardless of how much you've played.

You could be horrible with other champs, losing 3/4ths of your games with them, but then win tons of games with Teemo against newbies that don't know what laning is. Or you could honestly be one of the better players that truly "gets" Teemo, and how to win with him consistently in high veteran level play.

Point is, is that your record of 5 most recent games with him can't prove he is good or viable at a high level. I too myself have had those kinda scores. I actually won 4 games with him in a row, all with very good K/Ds. I even one time got a 24/2/12 with him in draft mode. That doesn't mean he is viable at a high level though. I simply destroyed those unprepared for him. The whole team didn't even buy an oracle! And they walked into my shrooms like idiots. Obviously in late game, where you can spam the map with them, if you have a high CDR (which I favor), K/Ds like that are possible, when most of the other team has little gold to defend against anyone regardless.