@Riot Teemo NEED buffs, and here is why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weekend Spartan

07-28-2012

bump... im getting tired comrades =(

ninjawerewulf

07-28-2012

Ok I play Teemo all the time. Have 2 skins. Love the little midget. But he does have weaknesses. Anyone with heavy burst damage tends to rape me pretty hard. Jayce, Katarina, The upgraded Xin(scares me). Teemo is very well rounded in his skills set. I think he is fine just how he is. Most of the game is knowing who you are strong against and who you are weak against, then finding ways to change either a) your build or b) how you play your champion so that you are no longer weak against those particular players.

Ktonos

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjawerewulf View Post
Ok I play Teemo all the time. Have 2 skins. Love the little midget. But he does have weaknesses. Anyone with heavy burst damage tends to rape me pretty hard. Jayce, Katarina, The upgraded Xin(scares me). Teemo is very well rounded in his skills set. I think he is fine just how he is. Most of the game is knowing who you are strong against and who you are weak against, then finding ways to change either a) your build or b) how you play your champion so that you are no longer weak against those particular players.
The problem is in most cases your not strong against most champions regardless of play or build.
The upgraded Xin scares pretty much everyone btw so don't worry it is not just you hehe.

The bigger problem is we have no role to play in the advanced game other than a counter-pick (which isn't a role) against your Jax,Darius etc etc champions.

Late game your useless in team fights since you die in 3/4 hits regardless of your build and your damage is pretty lackluster in compared to most if not all other ap/ad carries.

Your one escape mechanism is easily countered via a slow or stun and your 1 cc is all but useless late game as it only stops auto attacks. Lets face it how many times do you run into a champion that only attacks with auto attacks late game? Even Ashe is more useful than that.

Your ultimate is completely useless against good players (people with range who buy an oracles elixir) and just destroy them at will.

Your only use is to push lanes while a team fight is going on or slowing down the top lane bruiser. You cannot play mid and seriously trying to play bottom lane with a support is pretty much a joke since you can't compete with any real AD carry due to lack of range.

The other issue and why Jayce etc etc rape you pretty hard late game is because of your lack of scaling unlike other AD/AP carries. Most of the other ranged AD carries have built in steroids to help them scale into late game, Teemo does not. All AP Carries get huge damage scaling with items again unlike Teemo. (AP Teemo is useless against good teams because your main source of damage with AP, being the mushrooms, is nullified by Oracles Elixir.)

I have read that he is very hard to balance with his current kit and some people want a re-work which I understand but I really feel a few points added to his attack damage and some range might just do the trick. Maybe add a slow to his toxic shot (not a huge one) and remove the slow from his shrooms.

Since the dot from Toxic shot doesn't even start to tick until either your dead or he runs away maybe remove the dot and add a little (again not a lot) of damage up front on the hit itself.

The shrooms other than removing the slow and placing it on the toxic shot instead are fine and I would leave those alone completely.

And most of all test the changes and make it so he is either an AD carry or an AP Carry. But make sure he isn't over the top. I want him on par with other champions not an end all be all pick.

He is listed as support but quite honestly that is a joke. He can't heal, can't CC, can't do anything other than some damage to the opponent and a blind to auto attacks for 2 seconds to try to help the real carry. He should just have support removed from his "role" that is listed, and replace it with something accurate.

As it stands now Teemo is merely around to annoy people who don't play well via shrooms and the ability to run away from anyone that can't stun or slow or position themselves to trap him. I play against him and say to myself "Yay hafta spend 400 gold once he is level 6 and then just keep an eye on him." Most of the time I just walk on his shrooms unless he is AP (I play Support Alistar mostly now since Teemo isn't viable in ranked games) heal myself and keep going.

On the brightside since Teemo is useless I have had to learn how to play a Support champion which is fun and challenging. But I really do miss playing Teemo. He is imo the most fun champion in the game to play but when your trying to be competitive it can't just be about fun. I do get to play him when I am not with my friends trying to teach me how to play better but I always hafta hear the whining during the game for either not playing AP or just in general playing Teemo in the first place =/

Summerfest

07-29-2012

BUMP. Rather than buffing him, just remove him from the game and refund all the players their IP/RP

Ktonos

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerfest View Post
BUMP. Rather than buffing him, just remove him from the game and refund all the players their IP/RP
I would prefer fixing the champion. Even if I was offered 5 times the amount of IP/RP for the skins and the champ itself I would still rather keep Teemo

ninjawerewulf

07-29-2012

I don't agree. With a correct build Teemo can punish the hell out of majority of players. It's not my late game that I have trouble with it's my early game. Try this build. Berserkers greaves, stinger, vamp scepter, recurve bow, recurve bow. upgrade your first recurve bow to a Wits End. Upgrade your stinger to nashoors tooh, Upgrade your second recurve bow to a Madrids Bloodrazor(if they have a good tank or 2 decent tanks) if not then upgrade second bow to ionic spark, Warmongers, then upgrade your scepter to a Hextech gunblade. End result =
Berserkers Greaves
Madrids bloodrazor or Ionic Spark
Nashors Tooth
Wits End
Warmongers
Hextech Gunblade

With my runes my stats look about like this:
2.43 APS
210 AD
240 AP
plus you can add in the extra 40 damage from Wits End as well as the extra 4% of max Hp damage from bloodrazor. I get plenty of double and triple kills end game with Teemo. It's just the early game not getting paired up with strong Burst Champions

Yfrappefort

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjawerewulf View Post
I don't agree. With a correct build Teemo can punish the hell out of majority of players. It's not my late game that I have trouble with it's my early game. Try this build. Berserkers greaves, stinger, vamp scepter, recurve bow, recurve bow. upgrade your first recurve bow to a Wits End. Upgrade your stinger to nashoors tooh, Upgrade your second recurve bow to a Madrids Bloodrazor(if they have a good tank or 2 decent tanks) if not then upgrade second bow to ionic spark, Warmongers, then upgrade your scepter to a Hextech gunblade. End result =
Berserkers Greaves
Madrids bloodrazor or Ionic Spark
Nashors Tooth
Wits End
Warmongers
Hextech Gunblade

With my runes my stats look about like this:
2.43 APS
210 AD
240 AP
plus you can add in the extra 40 damage from Wits End as well as the extra 4% of max Hp damage from bloodrazor. I get plenty of double and triple kills end game with Teemo. It's just the early game not getting paired up with strong Burst Champions
You do realize that your build cost over 16k gold, right? It's way too expensive for any normal game, and since Teemo is bad at farming you will have even more trouble getting this build at all. You would have to be stupidly fed to buy all of these in any given game.

It's not an issue with the build. Teemo is lackluster with any builds. It's about the champion.

alfavhunter

07-29-2012

bump, teemo needs SOMETHING right now, and i dont mean new skins

ninjawerewulf

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
You do realize that your build cost over 16k gold, right? It's way too expensive for any normal game, and since Teemo is bad at farming you will have even more trouble getting this build at all. You would have to be stupidly fed to buy all of these in any given game.

It's not an issue with the build. Teemo is lackluster with any builds. It's about the champion.
Yes i understand that the overall build costs quite a bit, but look at how i start it off...the first 4.5k gets you your fully built boots, 2 recurve bows, a vamp scepter, and a stinger. so right there is litterally 2.3 AS with lifesteal. Teemo is great at farming. I get so many early game kills with him as well. Give Teemo the right backup and he is seriously scary. It's about aggresiveness. I like to start the game very aggressive unless paired up against high burst enemy champ. If you put your enemy on the defensive from the beggining you can farm your way to a win. I average per 20 minute game nearly 200 minions every single time.

Weekend Spartan

07-29-2012

Bump!