Should Galio get reworked? If so why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrostFire94

03-23-2014

Okay probably 10/1000 people on league MAIN Galio.
Now its time to meet one of the Galio mains.
Thats right. Me.

Why does he need a rework? Okay sure he is a bit unstable in the current meta but...
Why would he need a buff? He does damage, provides a game changing ult, perfect magic resist tank, converts defense into offense, maxed W gives 90 armor and 90 mr. He is a game changing champion!

His Q slows
His W gives a ton of Mr and Armor
His E gives people more movement speed
His R hurts himself but forces people to attack him! Meaning your team mates can just poke them off!

Can you tell me why he needs to be reworked?
I think Thresh provides just as much support as Galio.

His Q hooks people
His W provides an escape
His E knocks them away
His R slows

Don't you think Galio provides just as much?
Its sad to see my favorite champ so under rated.

Except for seeing comments like "Omg its a Galio!" It makes you feel better about yourself and makes you earn some unintentional respect >.<.

I see one problem and one problem only.
Adc deals damage, armor prevents adc damage.
Most supports build armor.

But not Galio, he scales off of AP. Which makes him a GOOD mid laner against mages but not against assassins which seem to fit the mid lane current meta.
But he cant help himself... he helps others... he doesn't help himself.

It seems like Galio sacrifices a lot for his team.
He drains mana like a hero from dota 2.
His shield prevents a lot of damage but heals very little for himself.
He is usually the last one out of team fights...
But the first one in.
Because of his ult. And I love Galios ult its my favorite ult in the game, people may not like it because it nearly kills him. And sometimes if against a fed adc it will. People don't like dying but Galio sacrifices his life for the team. But the ult is so game changing the ult can give your team an ace!

It also fits the Demacian Warriors personality as well.

Anyways whats your thoughts?

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-23-2014

because he's awkward to play and doesn't feel as cool as he probably should even when you do something great/perfectly.

He also has some issues with staying relevant when he actually does get counterplayed.

Even if he gets nerfed by a rework that makes him more fun/cool/rewarding to play I'd say it was a good thing. He's not currently unfun per se but when something goes wrong or doesn't LOOK like it went how it should've it doesn't feel good and the same thing happens when nothing really went wrong or it does look like it went how it should've.

Pentakill Fenix

03-23-2014

Galio can be good, but he just gets outshine by most champions. I can see galio being a viable pick if:

1) Mana costs on Q and E got reduced, maybe reduce CD by a little as well. Currently you use these spells early game, and you go oom immediately.

2) Q increase missle speed, main damage spell and its so easy to dodge

3) E Increased width of spell and have movement speed scaling like Lulu's W, so he can initiate fights with his E in mid-late game instead of having to always burn flash for a good initiate.

Thats all he needs in my opinion.

FrostFire94

03-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentakill Fenix View Post
Galio can be good, but he just gets outshine by most champions. I can see galio being a viable pick if:

1) Mana costs on Q and E got reduced, maybe reduce CD by a little as well. Currently you use these spells early game, and you go oom immediately.

2) Q increase missle speed, main damage spell and its so easy to dodge

3) E Increased width of spell and have movement speed scaling like Lulu's W, so he can initiate fights with his E in mid-late game instead of having to always burn flash for a good initiate.

Thats all he needs in my opinion.
Understandable. His Q is to easy to dodge so you normally need a distraction, his Q can do 800 dmg if your playing full AP galio though xD.

demoniclich2

03-23-2014

I agree with everything Pentakill said.

X74

03-24-2014

I'm a Galio player too, not a "main" but he's my go-to mid. I think he has weaker aspects but it's not something that calls for a full-blown rework. He'd probably lose his identity as a champion with no trace of what he was before. A buff in a few areas? Sure, no problem with that.

Lost R

03-24-2014

I played Galio Support a lot in my early days of playing support, and League of Legends in general. Galio is an interesting case because his passive incentivizes you to tank up on magic resist, but at the same time his base stats make him quite fragile for a labelled tank. His Bulwark is a handy defense buff for allies and a wicked self-healing skill, but it doesn't do much good if his target is weak since it doesn't provide a physical or magical shield, and the healing only affects himself. His gust is a very useful escape or pursuit skill, but it only works in one direction, the boost corridor is very narrow, and not many players seem to remember that it even provides a speed boost to begin with. His Q is obscenely powerful, though. Repeated pokes across the line of scrimmage that slows. It's a perfect tool for a support to bully the enemy out of the lane without disturbing the minion line.

Not sure he could be reworked properly. He fills the roles of tank, mage, and support well without specializing in any which one. We need more jack of multiple trades like him.

FrostFire94

03-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by X74X View Post
I'm a Galio player too, not a "main" but he's my go-to mid. I think he has weaker aspects but it's not something that calls for a full-blown rework. He'd probably lose his identity as a champion with no trace of what he was before. A buff in a few areas? Sure, no problem with that.
Couldn't agree with you more.