Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Talon vs Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pig Magus

01-02-2012

Gameplay: Talon hands down.

Lore: If he could get the jump on her Talon wins, otherwise Kat would win in a drawn out fight.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlayGooYa

01-03-2012

The short answer is:
Whoever is luckier.

And yes, skill is luck. Not everybody is born with the same talents or inclinations, which is entirely a function of luck. As is how they keep on training due to changes in their personal lives etcetera, etcetera.

And the way reality works is that if two people who are good at fighting fight, it's an even-split chance of going either way. Or both ways (i.e. one or both being killed or irreparably maimed). That's what it means to be good at killing. And this isn't as impressive a talent as you might imagine, since all the best gunfighters of the West inevitably died to being shot in the back. A hysterical housewife with a kitchen knife in the right place and time is dangerous.

Oh sure, you can quibble about details like terrain, equipment, disposition, levels of rest and so on and so on. But I think you get my point. That also all boils down to luck.