Talon vs Katarina

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

Member

12-21-2011

''The three deadliest blademasters in all of Valoran are bound to the house of Du Couteau: my father, myself, and Talon. Challenge us, if you dare.'' - Katarina Du Couteau

In an interesting 5v5 match today something dawned on me, who would win in a fight between Talon and Katarina? Katarina has more tricks under her sleeves, but Talon
stronger and more punishing of the errors his opponents make.

So I was wondering what one of these two you guys think would win if forced into a 1v1 fight. So share who and why, and give details.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cobra613

Junior Member

12-21-2011

if talon can survive the ulti he will crush her. It would be cool if they came out with katarinas father as a champ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-22-2011

Well...

Garen defeated Talon in a 1vs1 duel and Garen and Katarina are evenly matched so...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waafu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
Garen defeated Talon in a 1vs1 duel
No he didn't. He had a group of soldiers with him, and Talon wasn't fighting seriously.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belthazor3457

Senior Member

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waafu View Post
No he didn't. He had a group of soldiers with him, and Talon wasn't fighting seriously.
This. Talon had no interest in killing Garen, the theory is that he left a message with the intention of Garen finding it. Killing him would seem counterproductive, now wouldn't it?

Now, it's somewhat difficult to compare two people when they each have very different fighting styles and favor different types of weapons. Talon and Katarina have very different styles for how they do things. Lore-wise, both know how to do an air-flip to get behind someone, Talon has a boomerang of sorts, probably a set of enchanted daggers for that purpose. Katarina uses lots of throwing knives, and knows how to bounce them.

They're both aligned to the same person, Gen. Du Couteau. In lore, they'd probably never fight due to lack of having a reason to. Only way to predict what'd happen is to watch them fight and see.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waafu View Post
No he didn't. He had a group of soldiers with him, and Talon wasn't fighting seriously.
Yes he did. He made Talon run away and caused him to leave a number of Blades. No one has ever done that before. Talon may not have wanted to kill Garen but Garen had every intention to take him alive as well. Thus neither had the intent to kill so you can't use that as an excuse to mitigate Talon getting beaten.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

Member

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
Yes he did. He made Talon run away and caused him to leave a number of Blades. No one has ever done that before. Talon may not have wanted to kill Garen but Garen had every intention to take him alive as well. Thus neither had the intent to kill so you can't use that as an excuse to mitigate Talon getting beaten.
Talon loses blades fairly often, if his /joke is to believed, and the only person that has beaten him in a serious one on one fight is Katarina's father


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordLedel

Member

12-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra613 View Post
if talon can survive the ulti he will crush her. It would be cool if they came out with katarinas father as a champ
silence > spin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tristan Trades

Senior Member

12-30-2011

I'm pretty sure that Talon and Katarina have dueled eachother very ofter during training. Being members of the house Du Couteau I'm also sure those duels where pretty serious. If Garen didn't give Katarina that scar, then Talon did!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiteMeGood

Senior Member

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
This. Talon had no interest in killing Garen, the theory is that he left a message with the intention of Garen finding it. Killing him would seem counterproductive, now wouldn't it?

Now, it's somewhat difficult to compare two people when they each have very different fighting styles and favor different types of weapons. Talon and Katarina have very different styles for how they do things. Lore-wise, both know how to do an air-flip to get behind someone, Talon has a boomerang of sorts, probably a set of enchanted daggers for that purpose. Katarina uses lots of throwing knives, and knows how to bounce them.

They're both aligned to the same person, Gen. Du Couteau. In lore, they'd probably never fight due to lack of having a reason to. Only way to predict what'd happen is to watch them fight and see.
Well if there is a reason, Talon's sole loyalty is to the General. Even he sees his daughter as a liability as she is as Noxian as she can be in the worst way possible. Would ally with LeBlanc if it promised her more power.


12