[Guide] Critamere (Tryndamere)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floatzel

10-07-2009

Runes

All Critical Chance (Around 20%)

Masteries

Offense
3/3 Deadliness (More crit chance!)
1/1 Cripple (Exhaust is your friend@)
3/4 Sorcery (Cooldown. sure, why not?)
4/4 Alacrity (Hit faster!)
3/3 Sunder (More armor penetration!)
3/3 Brutality (More damage!)
3/3 Lethality (More crit Damage!)
1/1 Havoc (More Damage!)

Utility
3/3 Perseverance (This will help your regen a little)
1/3 Good Hands
4/4 Awareness (you would be amazed what 5% experience can do)
1/2 Utility Master (you will pick up a lizard here and there, this helps)

Summoner Spells

This is where freedom of choice comes into play but for how we set up masteries, I recommend
Cleanse
Exhaust

Tryndameres bread and butter is auto attacking and escaping with spin. Cleanse helps him always be sure he can do both.
Exhaust makes Tryndy win fights he shouldn't and allows him to get some pretty cheap kills. It also allows you to flank targets with the jungle as a flanker must ALWAYS have a slow or stun.
Skills
1. Bloodlust
2. Spin
3. Bloodlust
4. Mocking Shout
5. Bloodlust
6. Endless Rage

From here, prioritize Bloodlust over Spinning slash over Shout

Items
This is where this guide differs a tad bit from standard guides.

-Opening item - Brawlers Gloves and health pots

-On your next couple of visits back you should buy Avarice Blades. Get 3 of them to be exact. You can buy your Boots of speed at any point but I recommend getting them AFTER the three blades. Now, as for what boots to turn them into, this is up to the enemy team. Your choices are Berserkers Greaves, Ninja Tabi, or Mercury Treads.

-Now comes the waiting. You will be farming for a BF Sword, then Cloak of agility, THEN Pickaxe. Turn these into a sweet Infinity Edge. The edge should come around minute 22-26.

-After this, you should consider selling an Avarice Blades to get an Executioners Calling.

-Next in the list can be whatever you feel you need most. Sometimes I build Phantom Dancer, sometimes I build Blood Thirster. Phantom Dancer is usually the norm. This item makes Tryndy attack fast and always crit. Not to mention it speeds him up a bit to chase down those pesky tanks that survive more than 3 auto attacks.

General Advice

EARLY GAME
-The new bloodlust is AMAZING and gives a ton of damage and health. Assuming you are playing with my recommended rune page, you should get stacks no problem, even at level 1.

-Remember to hit an enemy champ anytime you can score an easy hit or two, even if it means eating an auto attack or two. You have infinite small heals to shake off their harass and one attack from you could mean 200 damage to them if you crit with 8 stacks on.

- When you and another champ are in close to one another hitting minions, take a step at him, he will almost ALWAYS turn tale to regain his spacing. At this time, make sure to scream at his back with mocking shout and punish him with a hit or two. This will make you opponents REALLY scared to get close to you and you should, psychologically, have massive lane presence.

MID GAME
Farming away is great here. With some ranks in bloodlust you want to try to look for opportunities to free farm a wave or two. Small neutral camps are easy to pick up with Tryndamere and he rarely net loses life from them with bloodlust.

LATE GAME
Not much to say here. Be present at team ganks. Shout at your targets retreat in team ganks and crit everyone around you for tons of damage. Don't be afraid to get crazy in a fight when your ultimate is ready. Once you have your infinity edge you will do TONS of damage.

MOST IMPORTANT NOTES
-Throughout the game, keep track of what your enemies are building. If you notice anyone with no health or armor items, you RAPE them for that. In team fights, go for the champs that don't have very dense health bars. Squishy champs like cardmaster or fiddle sticks will fold in 2-3 attacks. Not only is the enemy team a man down, but now they are probably focusing you. This is a mistake for them, you are a immortal, remember? Kill another squishy. If you have a Bloodthirster, you can probably stay alive against three people by just constant attacking. You would be amazed at how impossible it is for a team to hurt you with only their low damage, bulky members alive.

-Be sure to save spinning slash for keeping up with targets. You don't REALLY need to initiate with it. Running up and criting them is probably more efficient half the time. Likewise, if you want to live past your ult more often, try and be near a solid wall while you fight. Not only will this keep you from being flanked, but you can burn you ult, spin over the wall and eat your stacks when things go sour.

-If you ult in a one on one because you are losing and they start to run away, DO NO CHASE THEM. YOU WERE LOSING, REMEMBER? In 6 seconds you are right back to losing. Just ult, shout at them, run into the jungle and hop over a wall. Now they are in the middle of nowhere missing their health and you are eating bloodlust and recovering.

It is really late as I update this and I don't have the sources to do all the specific math for tryndy at the moment but I will try to bring this guide back!

Aurax

10-08-2009

Hello!

thx for the guide, well explained, I really liked the part about lane control and the use of mocking. Only question is, how often do you die? This build seems to be a glass cannon. I like DPS Trynda and dont like Tank Trynda, however dont think a Frozen Mallet would help a lot with killing fleeing champions, giving you healthy HP too? Or usually are you able to kill them all without any more slows? In the same way, your summoner spells cannot help you to escape (except the teleport use you mentioned)

I use a lot "cleanse" as a summoner spell for this kind of champions. Is highly underused right now, but in champions with escape skills (trynda spinning, corki valkyrie, rammus powerball...) a good timed cleanse will save you when all the nasty casters root/slow you, what do you think of it?

Cheers, thx for the guide,

Aurax

Pigsticker

10-08-2009

This is so different then the build I use, its like its on purpose.

Nice guide though. It's always fun to see people having success with different strategies.

Gathox

10-09-2009

You don't get any kind of boots? Or do you get them after infinity?

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2009

Yea you forgot boots..

Ive played this glass cannon Trynd before, it can be very powerful or extremely bad. An organized team can easily kill you VERY very quickly...all it takes is one stun or silence and you are screwed because you have no hitpoints.

Even PUG teams know how to counter Trynd's ult quite well..wait until he's getting low on life...stun and kill...cant use ult...his ult has such a long cooldown in comparison to everyone elses regular spells like silence or stuns that its incredibly easy to shut him down.

Personally i prefer the tank + whirling blades trynd with Boots + Warmogs early, then Infinity Edge, with a Warmogs and max whirling blades you can max it out and have around 3.5khps. This fixes his weakness in having no life allowing you to stand your ground in ganks longer.

I do like the rune setup though and i may try exhaust...

Balls In Your Mouth

10-09-2009

That sad thing about Tryndamere is if someone has a Frozen Heart or Malaphite or both, you can pretty much just give up and go cry.

Also,

Infinity Edge + Phantom Dancer + 10 Bloodlust = 100% crit for anyone that was wondering.

Quote:
his ult has such a long cooldown
80 seconds isn't incredibly long. It's long at level 6 but if you play Tryn as a carry and farm, it's not an issue

Floatzel

10-10-2009

sorry about the typo. I totally left boots out. They go after the two avarice blades.

I don't die often with tryndamere. If you RELY on his ult to save you, this is mostly improper as it CAN be countered. You should avoid death as you would with a normal champion. The ult has has occasional survival purposes for tower diving and getting focused but should be used as a last resort. With trynds spin, he can escape better than many melee DPS' can. I can't fully explain how, in words, to use the ult to its fullest potential but if you are going to die for sure, that is of course a good time to use it. Just don't go into a fight thinking, "well, I will goto the brink of death on purpose to use my ultimate as a trick!" No decent player goes into a fight against trynd and doesn't expect his ult.

Frozen mallet is a poor choice on tryndamere especially with the new movement speed debuff cap. Mocking shout will accomplish all your chasing needs without spending thousands on a frozen mallet. The money can better be spent building your damage. If you, say, skip shouts and do mallet instead all you will accomplish is chasing with poor damage.

I will edit the guide to fix the item build.

Edit: I did tell to buy boots. I just miswrote BERSEKERS GRIEVES as BRAWLERS GRIEVES. Do note this item at the end of the second avarice blade. I will perhaps edit to clarify but it was grouped with the avarice blade to implicate its timing.

SmecssRaege

10-10-2009

whenever i play trynd, i NEVER rely on my ulti to save me, i pop it around 50% hp just to get the bloodlust charges and go bat **** on everyones face

unless of course i have pre-charged bloodlusts then i save my ulti for more dire times ^^;

but i also play him with a mallet

maxing slash
evenly leveling lust/shout

Boots + 3 potions (only hero i buy this on pretty much...and even then sometimes i'll opt for doran's+1 health, or regrowth)
2 avarice blades
Infinity's Edge
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Imapler

gives a nice chunk of hp, some armor, very nice crit, and pretty good damage to back up those crits (80 from infinitys, 60 from atmas)

although i do kind of agree with your theory on the mallet, but if you rely solely on shout, sometimes you do lose kills... IIRC lasts for 5 seconds and is on 14 second cooldown....thats 9 seconds of no slow...although most targets cant live for more than 5 seconds >.> i still love to have my mallet, to spinning slash up, mocking shout from farther out if they moved while i slashed, and then get the perma slow on em

that's just me though....fun thing about tryndamere, is he can be built in so many wys

Atmosfear

10-10-2009

I don't bother maxing Slash until the very end with only getting 1 point in it at around level 3. It is most useful as a way to either escape or position yourself next to the target(s).

Priority for me is Bloodlust > Mocking Shout > Spinning slash. Obviously also picking up Ulti at every level possible.

Balls In Your Mouth

10-10-2009

Oh, and despite them saying Spinning Slash has a minimum speed, it really does. If you're snared, you still spin slow as molasses and might as well have just ran away and saved the HP unless you spin through a wall.