The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIDZzZ

12-21-2011

btw the pre-game chat idea is really good, u can spot trolls instantly with that

Undercover Urf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-21-2011

time to dole out some Demacian justice!

Killajoule

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

I think that RIOT needs to do a better job of showing us that they're making progress in turning troubled players in this community around. These statistics don't say much more than "join the tribunal process"...

Thoughts on these statistics from somebody who votes in the tribunal:

-Offenders Lose Games: What is there to rage about when you're winning?

-Offenders Make Bad Team Mates: These statistics are eerily similar to the Offenders Lose Games statistics...maybe because these players are raging at their team mates when they're losing...so naturally the guilty party is going to get reported by those very same team mates that they raged against?

RIOT, use infographics to answer the questions that Summoners really want to know about:

Are judges actually taking time to review the cases? or are they just auto voting?
-more statistics on the average amount of time that a summoner spends reviewing cases each day (minimum of 15 minutes as you must look at each case for at least one minute)...this would show people who are crying about the tribunal system that people actually do read the cases that are on hand

How many active users have been punished by the tribunal?
-I don't know about other summoners out there, but I don't really care if little Timmy who made it to level 6 and then plays his account one per month is a good community member...I care about regular users, people who play this game every day (or close to it)

What is the mean level of summoners who ended up in the tribunal? What sort of matches end up in the tribunal the most?(ranked, draft, dominion, summoner's rift, etc.)

Etc.

Until RIOT starts asking the right questions, they won't be able to come up with a proper solution to troubled players in this online community.

Please RIOT, show us that you fully understand the problem before showcasing your "progress".

Angry juju

12-21-2011

These stats are stupid :/... of course players will be less likely to report trolls if they win a game, if they lose then they need a scapegoat.

and of course players will report their own team, because again. they need a scapegoat. and the enemies don't report because they enjoy being fed by the troll.

94% of players who receive enough reports to face the tribunal get banned? that just proves everyone hammers the punish button and riot don't review them.

1.4% of all players? again, it proves people just hammer the report and punish buttons.

the tribunal really doesn't work (no i'm not QQing, i've never even been banned) but it seriously needs removing.

Misfitmonkey

12-21-2011

Yeah I guess I'll give it another shot that might be cool...

Reviewing case for XXXX
Game 2 1969-12-31

RIOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

Brunilda

12-21-2011

So much bull**** in 1 single pic.

Come at me Riot, I dare you.

Wonderbolts

12-21-2011

great facts except retarded armored bear fact, they are overrated losers

MrDragonNoncreep

12-21-2011

Over 9000 armored bears!!

Sitrein

12-21-2011

@Pendragon,

I'm really pleased to see these numbers and I love what you guys do with the tribunal. The entire system is excellent, in my opinion. It's not without flaws but no system is. Still, what I would like to see is an android phone app (league of legends doesn't support macs yet so android should totally get the app first) that allows for tribunal use easily. Right now, sure, I can use it through my phone's browser, but it's clunky and not at all nice to use. If you made a free android app that made it much smoother to use on your smartphone, I would do all my cases every day, most likely- or at least certainly a lot more frequently than I currently am. I think a lot of summoners would agree with me.

Thank you again,
~Sitrein

hereliesbeavis

12-21-2011

Nice misleading infographic, too bad you guys weren't around for the Cold War.