The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trajainus

12-22-2011

If only 1.4% of players have been punished then I have severe doubts about the effectiveness of the tribunal.

edit: also, why ban people for offensive language if there is a built in language filter that people have to explicitly turn off?

QuintusMan

12-22-2011

We gotta give efforts ! we still got million of trolls to deliver Xmas ban hammers !

HotShotHUEHUE

12-22-2011

and probably 10 million people being trolled that react to trolls and get reported by both trolls and non troll players in the same game. Two wrongs don't make a right logic applies in this game, if you are wronged, and respond to the person wronging you, you will be banned just the same.

APMkira

12-22-2011

How many false report, How many upset childish report by upset players who lose, or unhappy with one of their mate while they're in team, how many guys have been report for doing nothing wrong ?

and report are not verified by riot team same problem on WOrld of warcraft reporting system

its a fail tools and it'snt even effective.

It's not even legally right, that teenage can speak &vote ingame chat/teamchat ; the vote are not impartial player who are ingame voting, it doenst feel right !
there should be no remuneration what so ever, for giving a vote !

It's doing your job and badly RIOTS, and you're happy with it, without paying some peeps for the job, right, it's tells alot about your services, tribunal have such flaws !

PEOPLE WHO STANDING ON DOMINION NEXUS AND TALKING OR RIFT AND DISTURBING THE GAME BY FAKING AFK BUT MOVING CONSTANTLY aren't report

I'd love to see the same debuff that in Wow people who's not fighting (real ennemy ) or defending a point getting debuff as AFK.

You should quite upgrade your detection afk/ disturbing player LEAVER buster

Crash Bandicoot

12-22-2011

I was really hyped when I reached level 30 thinking this was an interesting way to make IP but 5 per case? seems like a bit of a waste of time now

Garborg

12-22-2011

People behaving badly in game, behaving badly on the forums and behaving badly when called out.

Judged by your peers seems like the best way to be judged to me.

Ricaalvim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-22-2011

Good Tribunal

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

"However, if you vote on a case, and the majority disagrees with your assessment, you’ll receive no rewards. "
Is the part where it turns to bull****.
If it's rewards given automatically - for doing your civic duty - the only things to consider are evidence and moral judgment. But if it's only the majority that recieves an IP reward, you might instead decide to disregard all that, and vote automatically the same way you believe the majority will vote. So in a culture where the majority automatically votes guilty, I'm sorry if you're innocent, mate, but you'll be thrown under a bridge so that trundles can get haz points.

tldr; Every single tribunal will tend towards guilty because the system is deeply flawed.

saphaertheshaman

12-22-2011

Let's play a fun game called correlation =/= causation brought to you by 70 years of statistics!

Quote:
Offenders Lose Games!: 24% reported on winning team, 76% reported on losing team
Losing increases likelihood of report. When people are mad, they report more often. When they win, they are less emotionally angry anymore and move on. This is what we like to call "self-selection bias." Doesn't this also mean that being unskilled at this game makes you 3x more likely to get reported? Or maybe 1.4% of your player base is just a bunch of losers.

Quote:
Offenders Make Bad Teammates: 71% Reported by their Own Team, 29% Reported by Enemy Team
Observational bias. Your team is more likely to witness your player then the opposing team, which would help to explain this statistic. In turn, many of your categories are "feeding, intentional assist" etc. which will further bias responses towards reports by their own team. I am not convinced this statistic demonstrates people are "bad teammates" anymore than they are "bad people," if they are guilty to begin with.

If you truly feel your system is infallible, accurate, and valid, then that's fine. You can weed us out through a clean, rational process.

But when you insult 1.4% of your player base by telling us we're bad people, and we suck at this game, that is unacceptable. It is unacceptable for you to trod out attacks on us with your unsubstantiated causation against our personal character.

I will give you one credit. Tribunal offenders are less likely to repeat, myself included. That's because I don't need to take your petty aggression against my character, and I'm more than happy to grant your wish and quit. In turn, I don't need the petty aggression of the touted 98.6% of "superior players" who feel their condescending supremacy makes the game a better place by driving out people like me, instead of trying to incorporate or improve.

Edit: I didn't realize that only 6% of Tribunal cases are pardoned. This means that from expected return, you get .3 IP per case you Pardon while you get 4.7 IP per case you Punish. Since Riot has tooled a system intended to reward people, they are relying on economic incentive to guide participation and judgment. However, when the rates are that biased, you will have a higher return rate and correct rate if you vote Punish on every case as opposed to even consider Pardoning. It's awesome for people, because game theory dictates the optimal move is to Punish, Punish, Punish!

As is pointed out elsewhere, this is a very problematic fundamental flaw. Imagine if courts linked jury compensation to votes. When justice is tied to monetary incentives based off of choice, that's a recipe for disaster.

GenesisXE

12-22-2011

One thing I never understood about the Tribunal.. How are so many ranked trolls still around, yet I've known people to have a few troll games in normal play and be banned for a week?

I myself am certain I've had 100+ Reports. Heck, my brother reports me in every match we play just to try and prove a point and that alone accounts for 70+ reports. Personally, I'm just seeing everybody being clickhappy on the Punish button.