The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Jolly Kabuto

12-21-2011

dat's a ****load of armored bears

ALmOstjoe

12-21-2011

The funniest thin is people are paying company money to play the game and enjoy additional features meanwhile Riot lets the internet to decide to ban a player or not. Honestly, if there are so many trolls in game, expect to be as many trolls in tribunal especially that you are gaining free IP for punishing that leads to ban. Good marketing riot.

Chettone

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALmOstjoe View Post
The funniest thin is people are paying company money to play the game and enjoy additional features meanwhile Riot lets the internet to decide to ban a player or not. Honestly, if there are so many trolls in game, expect to be as many trolls in tribunal especially that you are gaining free IP for punishing that leads to ban. Good marketing riot.
Its not free IP. If there are more people who review cases than the reported ones, the only cases that there will be left are those ones wich are less probable to get punished.

If you just instant hit "Punish", in some future your chances of getting the IP will be reduced to 50% (because the number of "Punish" cases will be reduced drastically if all players press punish). So there is no IP farming there.

P.S: sry for my bad english. Too complex to explain in a foreing language :P

EchoRex

12-21-2011

Hooray lowest common denominator.

What a great thing to strive to emulate.

ALmOstjoe

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chettone View Post
Its not free IP. If there are more people who review cases than the reported ones, the only cases that there will be left are those ones wich are less probable to get punished.

If you just instant hit "Punish", in some future your chances of getting the IP will be reduced to 50% (because the number of "Punish" cases will be reduced drastically if all players press punish). So there is no IP farming there.

P.S: sry for my bad english. Too complex to explain in a foreing language :P
Riot already stated that 96% of cases were punished, hence number of punishes greatly outnumbered pardons. Seems the tribunal is working as intended according to riot. How will anything get reduced when players already pretty much instant hit "punish" and Riot is happy because of that?

Sk1n J0b

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

I must of pissed off all of the right people to be in that 1% margin.

HerperDinger

12-21-2011

Tribunal in a nutshell below.

Mísanthropic

12-21-2011

Looks like propaganda to get players to do the dirty work for riot while they automate bans for the punished. Also, they're pretty vague about "punished" players seeing as how they don't even really do any of the manual reviewing themselves anymore. Automation, save money, dereliction of duties and afking on community... gg Riot... g... g...

HerperDinger

12-21-2011

I was once a loyal customer, until I took a permaban to the knee.

P.S. Started LoL around when beta ended. Had my account throughout those joyish times of ventrilo 5v5s AT.

The day Tribunal came, the one day suspensions started spreading like a wildfire. Now the community lay in ruins as a divided community.

It's simple.. we kill the batman.

TortureToys

12-21-2011

Idk everything about the Tribunal and what you must do in order to get banned.. BUT, I do have an opinion to this system. I find it totally unfair for it to be a viable reason to report someone for skill, or lack there of rather. Unless you can down rank or put into sub categories, or even make the level ranges longer, it is truly unfair to report this. And I dont. Theres always room for improvement and chances are, they will eventually get better. But again, idk if thats a banable offense.
Another concern, I have money tied into this game, I couldnt imagine AT ALL for anyone to consider it even the least bit okay to take this money i spent in this company away from me for any AFKing or disconnecting.
I also dont think trash talking/offensive language to be something worth banning. There is a chat filter. The only way i could see someone getting in trouble over this is they are spamming. All game. muting someones text and pings would be a viable solution to that though. Just reading what little i have, it seems like there is just too much of a chance of getting punished then there really should be. I hope to never find out either, i do abide by all these rules, but i just want it to be somewhat fair for everyone, especially for those who can use a little improvement in their game ^^