The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icecweem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Tribunal FAIL! I gave up on that bull**** as i still regularly still get *******s in games. About 2% banned is really low, should be at least 5% as to deter people from continuing their malicious behavior.

Erebos

12-21-2011

Quote:
Surprised? There’s a lot to say about the important role the Tribunal plays in helping to keep the League of Legends community a fun and friendly place to play.
Yep, I'm surprised. Mostly because i get insulted EVERY game, and have to read stuff to other players when they did bad like > uninstall the game and pick up a gun dude <, mostly something even worse then pushing ppl into suicide (as hint: mothers and family stuff are common targets).

So yes, kind of surprised how the Tribunal helps to keep the League of Legends community a fun and friendly place to play...

..since it isn't.

Also, till the present, i actually have no clue about the tribunal, how it works, and how i can get access to it.

Never used it, never got hit by it, and no clue about it.

(Second part could be related to the fact that i never insulted anyone, never left a game, never was really bad, never feeded or whatever, in the 2 years I'm playing LoL.)

/E:

Thanks for explaining me the tribunal.. oh wait, it was just a random downvote.

Lycan Von Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormond View Post
Listen to this guy riot...How many have you offended?Should we ban you?
I'd punish your for your remarks to this person who did nothing to you. Guess you better get off your high horse.

Epigen

12-21-2011

Since the tribunal, the leavers and trolls are out of my normal games... this worked better than I expected, and I expected good results...

Congrats Riot!

PenguinPaladin

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by herperdinger View Post
16 million people have taken the time do something that a lot of the community feels is divisive without evidence, to the point of ignoring the actual facts in favor of tribunal conspiracies, even if that means innocent players get banned due to poor judgement of riot staff, or players with excessive reporting habits.
ftfy

Slacker2k

12-21-2011

Just a thought, maybe the player that got reported shouldn't have been. The player calls out his or her teammate being bad, and losing the game (creating a negative environment, at everyones expense). The tribunal bans the wrong people according to the summoners code. Riot really should be less hypocritical.

Wonton55

12-21-2011

That's pretty cool. My favourite stats were "11 reports for the average one-time offender" and "70 reports for the average repeat offender". Clearly shows the difference between people who just have a few bad games, get a warning from the tribunal, and never re-offend, and actual trolls who do this sort of stuff over and over.

Vitor BS

12-21-2011

Now i think i get a perma ban.

What we really need to know is how much of this vote come from bots.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1289398

Anyone who want know about that just search on google "tribunal bot".
The first link.

I still thinking the tribunal IS USELESS.

Slacker2k

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridefulOne View Post
Honestly I've been suspended a few times now from being trolled and then going off on people, but I this won't be a QQ post. Who knows? Maybe the community's better off being filled with bad players that report everyone/have no backbone.

We've all been raised in an era worried about "self-esteem" and "self-worth" when we do nothing to deserve to feel these. Therefore, I won't blame riot for falling into the pit of what the US and most of the world has become, I'm going to blame the US.

Why oh why have we put things like no child left behind and antibullying laws? I was bullied like hell through highschool until I almost broke someone's back for merely bumping into me. Problem solved and I felt good about myself. I finally EARNED the respect and selfworth that I've felt were lackluster in people telling me I was awesome in everything I did. It finally had meaning.

Lets relate this to LoL. When I get a good team and we work together + do something great (even had a few games where we just weren't good enough and lost in a tournament) I feel good about myself and so does everyone on the team. We genuinely made accepted the outcome of our actions and became better players because of it.

Now, take a step back and lets say my team did completely horrible, didn't listen, fed, etc. Then they get the rightful feeling of feeling horrible about themselves for not listening or being open to learning something new. Give them the ability to feel good about themselves by reporting the "offending" player that hurt their feeling of selfworth/selfesteem AND make it OK for them to never learn. You literally get what's happening in the US today, people that never leave home or get a job. They feel great about themselves, but in reality are worth nothing. Then they complain about not having a job having never actually followed up on any application or actively sought to help themselves.

But wait, I have MORE ties to what tribunal is doing and it may even blow your mind. What about the people that search for help due to their failures? That's right, I'm talking about welfare. Don't get me wrong, I know some people in RL actually DO need welfare, but I'm also very aware of all the people that abuse it. Riot has LITERALLY given people the ability to abuse a free source of IP and punish every case without even reading the article (I believe they just watch youtube for the cooldown to click punish or browse 4chan).
This could explain why I think LoL has the worst videogame community out there. Nice post.

Kiraeyl

12-21-2011

I think it is interesting that the majority of offenders are on the losing team and were reported by their own teammates.