The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hellsenergen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

94% of cases are voted punish, the tribunal needs you to spam punish!

EndlessDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

the system fails

iblist

12-21-2011

50% off all players punished never reoffend? Well we're doing better than the united states legal system...

HerperDinger

12-21-2011

I've been playing this game for over a year now. Had my old account suspended, due to the countless americans who threatened me. Verdictl; I didn't go through with their overextending ways and got called a noob.

PenguinPaladin

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJoe View Post
Take this scenario:
1) A group of 4 ques up, loses, and then they all report the 5th PUG for feeding.
2) A group of 5 ques up and reports 1 player on the other team for feeding, particularly the one with the worst score. He's having a bad game, and now is going to get banned for playing poorly?

If either of these scenarios leads to the tribunal I can tell you that these individuals have a 94% chance of getting punished.

Lets put it another way: If scenario 1 or 2 happened 20 times, then 19 people would be punished, and 1 pardon...

"And we wonder why are jails are full"
This is not how statistics work. That's like saying "if 20% of the country is black then if you stick five white guys in a room together one of them will become black."

Here's a more likely scenario:

1) Four premade guys troll-report someone.
2) The same situation happens 6 times total in a set of 100 tribunal cases.
3) Those 6 times are pardoned while the other 94 legitimate offenses are punished.
4) The result is a 94% punishment rate.

psycodiver

12-21-2011

Better to leave LoL un-policed imo.
How many of that 1.4% didn't do anything?
Whenever you enter into a system that takes a chance with people you take a well known risk.
I am assuming that some punishments are perma-bans.
This will mean that there is a chance anyone of us could lose our accounts whether we did anything wrong or not.

This is a bad idea imo.

AIDZzZ

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAssCid View Post
also note this community tend to get worse the higher the level you are i didnt start seeing the REAL aholes till i hit about lvl 19-20 so maybe the judging shouldnt be limited to just the level 30's
THIS
also, i just did 15 peps and not knowing the stats of every individual in the team and opposite team is a bit annoying. should say when other people also afk since some games are doomed from the start. +, if ima spend about 2 minute looking at and punishing trolls or helping those who have been trolled then i should get at least a few more ip per, its easier just not to be part of this and have a life (i wish .... jk) (upside: we take about 30 min per 15 peps and have a chance of getting 75 ip for helping take a load off riot and players. downside: boreing + i could have just played a regular match).

HerperDinger

12-21-2011

LoL unpoliced was the way to go. Just ban ranked repeated offenders. Normal is a cesspool anyways, Riot, and the Community have made that clear.

Offenders such as first time champions ranked, refusal to communicate e.g. warding, mia/ss, assisting lanes(onto calling your team a noob for not holding a lane of 2 or more champions.) mia? Properly jungling or not at all. (this affects lanes greatly, not all derps are able to cover lanes with grace).

P.S. Who is the amerifat that keeps downvoting the hurtful truth of a flawed system?

Kyle Strobel

12-21-2011

The tribunal sucks. It's stupid. Computer froze? They don't care, Banned.

Dormond

12-21-2011

Yeah tribunal banned me on my account again.And i haven't login to play since my last ban.So someone has hacked me.Or i was banned for no reason.Oh well good job riot.Merry christmas to you too.Inb4 downvotes.