The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elithrion

12-21-2011

Things I learned from this infographic:
-If you're going to curse out your team, make sure you win the game - it'll make getting reported three times less likely!
-Vote to punish every time! You'll only get 1 in 20 wrong - no worries!
-"Over 50% of all punished players never reoffend!" = "48-50% of all punished players go on to reoffend!"

Selso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

I always do Tribunal to make a quick IP

PenguinPaladin

12-21-2011

Community: "lol the tribunal is terrible"
Riot: "No, it's actually accurate. We audit it regularly."
Community: "no you don't you're lying"
Riot: "We don't know how to prove it to you. Here, have some statistics in a nice infographic."
Community: "lol the tribunal is terrible"
Riot: "That's not at all what those statistics signify."
Community: "yeah they do you're lying"

lbgsloan

12-21-2011

94% of cases voted to punish!

Hey kids, want easy IP? Open Tribunal and click punish 10 times! At least 9 of those will result in IP rewards without reading a thing!

SuicideJoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

This is disturbing to read... "94% of offenders are punished..."

Why would you openly tell people this?

It sends the wrong message.

"Hey if you want 5 IP per vote, then hit PUNISH!!!.... 94% chance to get 5 IP... Don't even bother reading, when its 1 to 20 odds"

Now I do not know what is required to get on the chopping block, but it seems that you could be put on the list with little or no probable cause.

Take this scenario:
1) A group of 4 ques up, loses, and then they all report the 5th PUG for feeding.
2) A group of 5 ques up and reports 1 player on the other team for feeding, particularly the one with the worst score. He's having a bad game, and now is going to get banned for playing poorly?

If either of these scenarios leads to the tribunal I can tell you that these individuals have a 94% chance of getting punished.

Lets put it another way: If scenario 1 or 2 happened 20 times, then 19 people would be punished, and 1 pardon...

"And we wonder why are jails are full"

HerperDinger

12-21-2011

Tribunal does not seem to justify harassment from players threatening to report for every little detail.
Those are the trolls/parasites imo, not the guy who tells y ou to backoff his lane, because you're pushing it.

TreySummit

12-21-2011

Missing the uncle ryze at the end of the poster.

Big Guy Nate

12-21-2011

I find these statistics inaccurate

PenguinPaladin

12-21-2011

Has anyone considered that maybe Riot can tell when someone is giving 100% punishes and has countermeasures? Instead of seeing one statistic and assuming that there's a flaw in the tribunal with no evidence for it?

HerperDinger

12-21-2011

End result, Americans will report for everything that gets on their badside.

Playing on EU since my suspension. I've carried countless times now.
That community has less trolls, more civility between players. Less communicate due to the variety of language barriers.
It's all good if you have awareness, ward, skill etc.