The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoolMintz

12-21-2011

Yes! Very good to see these stats!
Leavers, feeders, trolls need to punished
Hope the system maintains itself
Im gonna join the tribunal now

Just Support

12-21-2011

Tribunal is garbage

Rysan Marquise

12-21-2011

I deal with statistics a fair bit, it is kinda what I majored in.

1.4% of people are reported. Over half of these are first-time offenders.

94% of people who show up are punished.

This means that over the expected life of the tribunal, any given individual playing has about a .5% chance of being punished(this might be focused in a certain part of the community). This means that
we are talking about approximately 30 false bans (that were actual bans) over the past year and can expect another 50 next year.

The actual meat of the Tribunal system and its effectiveness is in how many and which reports make their way to Tribunal at all. Its something of a goal-seeking system, from what I have heard, and is based upon % thresholds such that only the top x% of people with reports make it in.

This means that we, as a community, need to be more conscious about who we report. By abstaining from reporting we are giving more weight to those few that we do select.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

12-21-2011
2 of 4 Riot Posts

For those mentioning the relevance of the stats - they were meant to be more fun than anything. Over time we intend to release more and more detail about how The Tribunal is impacting the play experience, but we're not quite ready to do the deep-dive yet.

We really wanted to highlight that it's making a difference, and remind players that you should be voting regularly if you want to help make a difference.

We're constantly auditing and tuning The Tribunal to have the greatest level of accuracy and impact, and while it will never be perfect - it's been largely effective at changing the behavior of those who receive a warning or a suspension.

Our hope now is that we can get lots of additional voters - so we can broaden the volume and types of cases that flow through The Tribunal while maintaining the level of accuracy we've seen so far, having an even greater impact.

We're going to do a number of things to support this effort including raising awareness about The Tribunal, (news posts like this, adding it to the website navigation, etc), and finding additional ways to reinforce that you're making a difference by participating and voting accurately.

JackAssCid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

ive been level 30 for months and ive never seen this so called tribunal. also fun and friendly communit? 90% of the people ive played with are the worlds biggest pricks and it takes a whole lot of reporting to do anything about them.

Rysan Marquise

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
For those mentioning the relevance of the stats - they were meant to be more fun than anything. Over time we intend to release more and more detail about how the Tribunal is impacting the play experience, but we're not quite ready to do the deep-dive yet.

We really wanted to highlight that it's making a difference, and remind players that you should be voting regularly if you want to help make a difference.

We're constantly auditing and tuning the Tribunal to have the greatest level of accuracy and impact, and while it will never be perfect - it's been largely effective at changing the behavior of those who receive a warning or a suspension.

Our hope now is that we can get lots of additional voters - so we can broaden the volume and types of cases that flow through the Tribunal while maintaining the level of accuracy we've seen so far, having an even greater impact.

We're going to do a number of things to support this effort including raising awareness about the Tribunal, (news posts like this, adding it to the website navigation, etc), and finding additional ways to reinforce that you're making a difference by participating and voting accurately.
Except these statistics indicate that it is not helping. It supports that the reporting system is helping and that tribunal is incidentally this thing we have.

FruittyWeiner

12-21-2011

Get rid of it please

Stop making yourselves look BAD in eSports.

Fb62

12-21-2011

1.4% of ppl have been suspended, and 50% dont get suspended again.. being suspended 3 times, that means im part of about .3% of the LoL community! i feel special

HerperDinger

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoripan View Post
trolls we are coming for you!
No, you're not. I will be here to stay. I've made a nice cosy home.

Noobs who cry over being bad, and reporting actual players with skill.

This isn't WoW, stop treating it like it is, saying "****" or "noob is not the worst thing to come to this community.

leavers? deal with it, you probably made them leave if it wasn't a DC, or failure to load.

Let the downvotess begin, majority stand for no legitimate reason, only bias against my name. Like most oblivious noobs.

This is why I stand my ground. I shall fight the noobs who are uncoordinated then cry because their allies have lost moral.

JackAssCid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

also note this community tend to get worse the higher the level you are i didnt start seeing the REAL aholes till i hit about lvl 19-20 so maybe the judging shouldnt be limited to just the level 30's