Denying with Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rysan Marquise

07-12-2010

I have heard aswell the enemy gets normal experience for a minion killed by denying. This means it is important to kill far-away minions and healthy ones, in order to push your wave back towards your tower.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

Are you sure using Raise Morale prevents the enemy from getting the exp?
Denies gold for sure, but Riot likes to claim that they removed denying from the game in general, so it's smart to check.

svartingr

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matuk View Post
Are you sure using Raise Morale prevents the enemy from getting the exp?
Denies gold for sure, but Riot likes to claim that they removed denying from the game in general, so it's smart to check.
I think people have said it has to be far enough away, or something. Like they have to be out of range. You don't get XP if an enemy creep dies and your out of range. That's the way I understand it, anyway.

xSJx

07-13-2010

I checked in a practice game a while ago. Raise morale denys exp even if the enemy is sitting right there. I was soloing mid vs my friend and would deny a creep and see if he got any exp, he not none no matter what. Someone else had said if you hit the minion first you get exp, but he got zero exp no matter what from every creep I denied.

Mystfyre

07-13-2010

Well, the problem with denying is that you can't really harass and you become easier to harass, particularly if you don't alternate between raise morale and parrrley. Your laning phase becomes more passive and defensive, and if your opponents manage to get a kill (lets say you are up against a strong laning duo) all of your denying was for nothing. Its a fun tactic, one of my friends plays pirate and sometimes we do this, but it doesn't really work against people who can handle it and you really need someone who can keep your mana up.

And no, the enemy gets no xp no matter what when you raise morale.

Stiffy

10-27-2010

Basic denial from GP isnt the problem. Sure it gives a 1 lvl advantage but its not worth it to pick GP just for it (lets face it, GP sort of sucks). The major problem is total denial. Like someone already posted, if GP can control your bush in a side lane, he can keep both you and your ally lvl 1 by keeping his creeps from advancing and cutting you off from xp. And here lies the problem. Paired with a good early laner like garen, malphite, or even janna taking bush control is very easy.

I see two counters to this strategy, warding the bush or having a stronger duo to control the bushes. Warding the bush wastes time and money and is still a temporary solution as the enemy will simply re-ward with a vision ward and the jig is up. Having a stronger duo is possible but very unlikely if the denial team is especially spec'd for this purpose. Consequently I conclude this is an op ability.

I have seen variations of this strategy employed by less skilled players. And I have yet to test this myself as I don't have any IRL friends who play the game and I have few good friends in game. Id appreciate input from people with experience with this concept or just ideas or counters.

Nerf Nid

03-24-2013

asdfasdf

rub my zimbabwe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

why would u bump such an old thread back when GP's raise morale would kill an ally minion