Denying with Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

svartingr

07-12-2010

So, I'm trying to up my Pirate game. I understand a lot of you use Raise Morale to deny money/XP from the enemy. Is it more of "Hey, Raise Morale is up let me shoot something," "always hit the big PCM/BCM", or "Kill the one they're gonna last hit"?

THE HAMBEAST

07-12-2010

whoa...
gangplank can deny.
o.O

haha just realized that...

wildfire393

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by svartingr View Post
So, I'm trying to up my Pirate game. I understand a lot of you use Raise Morale to deny money/XP from the enemy. Is it more of "Hey, Raise Morale is up let me shoot something," "always hit the big PCM/BCM", or "Kill the one they're gonna last hit"?
One tip is to start at the fountain, and when minions spawn, start Parrleying them while running alongside them. You can get 3 of them in the first wave down, and then one to two per wave from there on out.

It's generally good practice to aim at low ones that you think they are going to last hit, especially if they're someone like Nasus, who charges an ability from doing so.

In general it's a useful skill to maintain a level advantage and keep them pushed far for ganking and more safety, especially if you're soloing or paired with a champion who can harass well.

Vernichter

07-12-2010

I am pretty sure that cannon minions are worth considerably more experience than the other minions. Unfortunately, I have not been able to corroborate this information on the internet and will need to check in game. I will try and edit this later.

Note that one other awesome aside of denial is that it draws your lane back toward your own tower. That makes it harder to last-hit minions, but it makes it easier to gank enemy champions, and it makes them less likely to gank you.

svartingr

07-12-2010

Also: with the denial in mind, is it still better to go with Parrley first, or just grab Raise Morale?

Bobahz

07-12-2010

Quote:
Also: with the denial in mind, is it still better to go with Parrley first, or just grab Raise Morale?
You should figure it out by yourself
Parley works better for me.

Amaterasuomikami

07-12-2010

Id go

Mid- Raise Morale

Side lane- Parrley

Kalamadorel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

It's still better to grab Parrley first, generally just grab a point in Raise Morale and use it every time you can on either the lowest health minion around or on the biggest creep around - they do give more money and experience but I cannot confirm how much more.

Belanova

07-12-2010

I grab Raise Morale, deny two melee minions, and then proceed to go Cannon > Melee > Caster.

It's sometimes worth it to hold out denying a caster minion, if a cannon/melee minion is considerably close by.

I just laned 2v1 against a Cho'Gath as Gangplank. I kept him 1 level below us with the help of Nunu's harassment, and my deny spamming.

wildfire393

07-12-2010

Quote:
If you start with RM, you can deny 3 minions from the first wave by running alongside it from the fountain.

Additionally, Parrrley is quite the mana-sponge early on, it will end up draining you too dry to raise morale.

It's generally best (as a 1v2 usually) to go RM, Scurvy, Scurvy, Parrrley, Scurvy, Ult, Parrrley x4

Scurvy x3 gives you a lot of survivability, and you still get a leveled Parrrley by the time you're up in teamfights.