Seriously RIOT. Invest money in getting a new client.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ryidk3008

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
We are currently working on this, but I can't give you an estimated time of arrival right now.
basically "oh yeah we realized that now STFU"

Solatoral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Bump~

Riot should really invest some time into this. Not saying HoN is better or anything, but I like the fact the game is the whole game. Not a client INTO a game. :/

Summoar

01-17-2012

Heros of Newerth has a Mac client, I know Riot Games is a lot more profitable then them. So how come they can't get someone to develop a Mac client?

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoar View Post
Heros of Newerth has a Mac client, I know Riot Games is a lot more profitable then them. So how come they can't get someone to develop a Mac client?
Because riot is all about planned misdirection. theyre all about tricking the playerbase into being content than actually appeasing them.

Riot will announce a major feature to the game, Like a new map (Which arent needed) A mac client moderately needed) and a replay function (Absolutely 100% requirement for any compedative game like this)

and then what they do is they mention it once so everyone gets all excited, then they release a bunch of pointless **** instead. IE Replays promised since beta. Now we have colorblind mode. They offered Magma chamber, a map thats the same play as summoners rift, 5v5 3 lane maps (you cant have different types of maps in a MOBA and not have seperate character balances for each, twisted treeline proved this), and then instead of magma chamber, we get Winter summoners rift, where they just paint bucketed everything white.

When they had MASSIVE game effecting server problems for like 2 weeks straight, where it got so bad that they gave everyone free "our server sucks please dont leave" Riot points, they released an art spotlight and champion spotlight every day it got particularly bad. kind of a "Oh hey, distraction!" (Funny sidenote their forum crashes everytime their servers do. so it defeated the purpose)

I used to Love riot. in the beta they listened to EVERYTHING that we had to say. champion too strong, theyd nerf them and set it right. major game breaking bug, fixed within a day or two. Every promise they made, they kept. Addition of runes, masteries, store release. They were perfect back int he beta. Then the game released. and its like they all had a party to celebrate, and had a conga line fall down a flight of stairs and all got brain damage.

Promise that champion IP price will be based on hero difficulty, gone with the 3rd new released champion. Replay function they promised was to be released shortly after the game, still isnt out over 2 years later. they totally ignore the champion feedback section except to go "lol thats funny" To pointless off topic threads. This thread is the perfect example, they just blatantly ignore the main point and answer something totally irrelevant, trying to misdirect us, and we caught them on it and now they arent adding anything else.

I used to think riot was an amazing company. then they did what blizzard did and went form being a caring, hardworking crew, to a bunch of money grubbing trickster ******s. They steal all their champion ideas, they recycle all their spells. they dont fix the major problems with the game, they just slap a coat of "ignore me "paint on it and keep pumping out copyright infringement heroes every 2 weeks.

And i really think Riots gonna start feeling the pain when Dota 2 comes out. the only reason so many people are still on loL is cause when hoN went free to play they ****ed up a lot of stuff that made it better than lol when it was paid for. So really LoL is the only viable Moba right now. though riot is making even this game borderline unplayable.

but when Dota comes out all the people that actually realize what Riot is doing, arent going to have the lack of a better option keeping them around trying to help riot. Ive stuck with LoL so long cause i saw how good riot CAN be, and i complain so much because i expect more from them and know if they TRY, they can give more, and be a proper company instead of just a bunch of greedy sleezebags. But when Dota 2 comes out, if they havent shaped up yet, im probably just going to give up. cause im tired of grasping at straws and Hoping riot will realize how theyve fallen.

Dragonien

01-24-2012

They have time, money, and programmers to make more bots, but not any to make a better client

Dragonien

01-26-2012

Bump of the highest calibur

Valors Shadow

01-26-2012

bump

Dragonien

01-27-2012

i wish at the very least riot would at least reply to our comments and concerns about their unprofessional response to this thread. at least itd show they still sorta cared.

Sn0wY

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
We are currently working on this, but I can't give you an estimated time of arrival right now.
theres another huge problem with the video settings not being in-game say i set it to a mode my monitor doesnt support and it sticks... i have to uninstall reinstall and edit a cfg in who knows where or dig through the registery to fix it..... needs to at least have a reset button outside of the ingame exe youll probably never see this but sense you posted here you might come back throw this at them and tell them it should be a higher priority.

Drakinite

01-28-2012

Unbelievable that a relevant RIOT response has yet to be posted, even though this thread is consistently on the front page of the PvP.net section of these forums, and has one of the highest comment counts, and page numbers...... Kinda makes you wonder what they are thinking about this thread, Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away? : / I'm really disappointed at the lack of care here.