RIOT, put your LOGS elsewhere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Javin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

riotsGamesLogs keeps appearing in my user folder of windows.

It seems really unnecessary to put it in a user folder when other games are satisfied putting their files in My Games or ProgramData or their own installation folder.

Sinthytic

01-28-2012

Uh, games like wow that place it in mygames still put it in your user end, the my games ones are placed there to avoid vista and 7's privacy settings on none public folders, programdata is still under your user folder as well, everything is. They are in hidden subdirectories.... I think Riot does this to create less clutter on their servers.... Think about what parts of game info you can get away with placing cleint side or server side, while keeping effeciency in mind.

Javin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

?

Yes. Organized in My Games with almost every other game that saves user data there. Also, ProgramData is stored in the average person's C:\ directory.

I prefer that then my user directory to have this:

Desktop | Downloads | Favorites | My Music | My Pictures | My Videos | riotsGameslogs

Also, they used to keep local logs in the installation folder before they changed the patcher (not sure exact date).

I am really confused at your post. Maybe I was not clear.