Laning Mid against Heimer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kentrav

07-12-2010

So recently I have seen a lot of Heimer comps, with the strat being, just hold out long enough in the side lanes for Heimer to wreck mid and finish. As I play Annie a lot, I find myself often times laning mid against Heimer, and I usually end up losing out to the turret+concussion grenade spam to the tower. My only hope is a dumb heimer who gets out of position in front of his turrets and falls to a tibbers gank, but even this can be tough as I see a lot of early high HP Heimers (Catalyst Protector).

Anyways this is not a QQ thread, as I understand the weaknesses of Heimer (Squishy and low dps without his turrets beating on you). I really do not struggle against other champions like I do against Heimer (Exceptional players not withstanding), rather, I am curious what other skilled players are doing to counter Heimer farming the hell out of mid and using the inevitable onslaught of his tools to push.

Do people go for a mid first blood? Or something similar?

Redenbacher

07-12-2010

Against a competent Heimerdinger, my most important goal is to make sure he doesn't get to put down more than one turret. Often easier said than done, and since I don't play Annie, I don't know what challenges she faces in making that happen, however I find it of utmost importance. Knocking these out will give you more gold, and seriously limit his gold.

Furthermore, since you're spending a lot of time keeping his turrets destroyed, I'll request a gank from my team - even if it takes myself and one from each lane to pull it off. Making sure he doesn't make that push through mid, and making him afraid to lane by himself will be tantamount to defeating him.

Carewarwuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

play mordekaiser and /laugh at heimer trying to do something .

Vacazar

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurvaano View Post
play mordekaiser and /laugh at heimer trying to do something .
that. works with - morgana / kog'maw / cho'gath / ashe / tristana / janna / master yi / sivir / veigar / ezreal - alike. there are some others who are able to lane against heimer without many problems. did i mention zilean, katarina and nasus?

TheDarkHope

07-12-2010

as a Heimer player, the whole not laying down more then one turret, all i have to do is sit behind it and hold the grenade ready, and lead you. after a while you tend to give up trying to hit it. the only champs i cant mid vs is Karthus and Nunu.

Gunflame

07-12-2010

yesterday I played like 5-6 games with nunu.

There was a heim in almost every enemy team.

I always outfarmed heim. I use smite+consume lvl 2 and that keeps heim in check. Harass with your iceballs and life is good.

Annie vs Heim = life is tough. Annie can barely keep up with heim. and if he is good annie just caní't keep up at all. Try to autoattack at max range and last shot them with Q. also ocassional use of W to hit multiple turrets is also good.

TheDarkHope

07-12-2010

if nunu or karth is mid i sidelane as heimer.

Volpes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

I don't play Annie, but I would suggest you try to land all your AOE on the turrets. If Heimer is in his nest, I believe that Tibbers stun + Disintegrate (or w/e the come AOE spell is called) + Tibbers AOE should knock out the turrets pretty quickly, allowing you to kill Heimer without being focused by his turrets. Good Heimers will spread out their turrets against AOE players though. This makes the turrets harder to AOE down, but also makes it easier to get him in a position where he is in range of maybe only 1 or 2 of them.

sctechie

07-12-2010

1) Anticipate the grenade. You should, almost constantly, be running forward for a second to pressure Heimer. Just fake like you're about to attack a turret, maybe even drop an auto-attack on a minion. Anticipate the grenade, and then dodge to the side. His skill-shot is VERY easy to dodge at anything other than pointblank range.

2) You now have almost free reign of the lane until his grenade cooldown resets. Concentrate on auto-attacking turrets and then finishing them with 'q'. Turrets are free gold once you have a few levels in 'q'.

Your entire struggle is to get Heim OOM. This means two things: a) kill turrets as fast as possible and b) bait as many grenades as possible.

Don't worry about killing him. Just focus on last-hitting, dodging grenades, and kill turrets. Try to use your 'q' every time it's cooldown is up to be last-hitting something.

Finally, as Annie you have one of the easiest matchups against Heim. Abuse your auto-attack range (you shoot farther than turrets do) and punish him for every grenade he misses by auto-attacking a turret a few times and then 'q' to finish it. He has to throw grenades at you when you start attacking his turrets because you out-range them.

EDIT: I also play Annie with a full AP page so I start out with either 45 or 65 AP. That changes my play style with her a bit to focus on Q because I don't quite have the regen to be blasting away with 'w' every time it's up.

Xenorun

07-12-2010

Heimer (especially early game) is very susceptible to ganks. My worst fear as a mid Heimer is if the enemy team has a jungler, especially a roaming Shaco.

Junglers help this a lot. Heimer will do the following, based off of skill / intelligence.

1: He will keep his turrets up, but NOT overextend / push your tower unless the jungler is visible / busy.

2: He will push as hard as usual regardless of where your jungler is.

If he is following option 2, just gank him. I know its easier said then done, but if you can get some CC on him he falls over very fast. ESPECIALLY if you fight on the creep waves. His turrets are not the smartest things ever. Often times they will stay focused on the creep wave, and not defend Heimer himself. Use that to your advantage.

Just watch how he plays. If he is overly aggressive, he will be much more vulnerable to being ganked. Keep him scared, and keep him on the defensive as much as possible. If he cant push out, due to fear of being ganked, you won mid (as much as one can versus a Heimer).