Udyr Question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delamos

07-12-2010

Im about to buy Udyr, and Ive read the discussion and there seems to be alot of discussion about Tiger or Pheonix stance but I havent figured out which one if better in the long run. Could anyone give me some insight on this.

DoomManufact

07-12-2010

phoenix got nerfed really hard. Now it takes 4 hits to proc the AoE, making it just about useless in teamfights without massive amounts of attack spd. At the same time, Tiger got buffed very nicely, with its active DoT dealing 3x your damage.

While i have played phoenix AS/AD builds with marginal success, i find that tiger AD builds generally do better. Some people say that udy sucks in lane and has to jungle with phoenix, but if you max turtle and bear first, then going on to max tiger once you get some good AD items, he can hold his own pretty well in lane.

Fucshia

07-12-2010

Tiger is, generally, better if you're going the DPS route. The single-target damage is good, and scales 1:1 with AD; with this, you can use Bear and Turtle to make it safely to one of those mages or carries in the back after the team fight starts and nuke them into oblivion.

Phoenix is, generally, better if you're going the Tank route. It does AOE damage that, at level 5, is difficult to ignore; if you have the survivability to run into the middle of a team fight and switch between Turtle, Bear, and Phoenix, you do decent damage while stunning people and being very hard to kill.

/thread

Delamos

07-12-2010

k thanks guess Ill mess around with him till I see what I like better the tanky build or dps :|

FreeBeers

07-12-2010

that's the only way to learn to udyr, and you'll have to vary your playsyle to fit your teems needs

Yagidy

07-12-2010

LOL your trying to figure out whats better befor you even play with him? Try both ways and decide for your self whats better.

dredzach

07-12-2010

Pheonix is great for chasing. When chasing, you stun with bear, then when they start getting away you can run behind/beside them while bear stun is cooling down, and they take the pheonix aoe dmg while you are running with them.

Pheonix also makes a scary visual affect that intimidates people into running when they may not really need to.

DayInTheSun

07-12-2010

Phoenix is great for pushing, farming and jungling. Tiger is for single target damage. If you're going the jungle route with Udyr you're probably going to want to get Phoenix first.