Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fiddlesticks lore changed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HAMinYourButt

Recruiter

12-30-2011

Well if nothing else it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has some shadow of a memory about this. Even if it's not his story anymore, if there is some other background I'd love to hear from a blue for confirmation

Birdy51

12-31-2011

You are right though. They did change it at one point.

I was not arround then, but I recall similar discussions. One thread actually had the old bio. That and Teemo was much much crazier. Very freaking crazy.

timeywimeylimey

12-31-2011

If that was his lore, it's almost exactly how the Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz came to be. They might have changed it, because of that.

Apurocko

12-31-2011

You are not crazy my friend. Fiddlesticks old lore is as follows:

Fiddlesticks, The Harbinger of Doom

There are many rumors of Fiddlesticks' origins. Some say that he is the avenging guardian of the witches of the Howling Marsh. Others believe that he is some sort of abomination gone wrong, a product of the mad scientists of Zaun. Barroom stories say that he is the creation of Noxus, a thing of evil which not even they could contain. There are even those that whisper that he comes from the forbidden Shadow Isles, but such learned men often keep to themselves. Whatever the truth, Fiddlesticks has come to the League of Legends, a malefic champion whose mere presence is a warning - something wicked this way comes.

''It is hoped that Fiddlesticks is an anomaly, not a shade of things to come.''

The original lore is to vague for how the lore and the JoJ are turning so they "completed" it. Hope this helps

Arby099

01-01-2012

I remember faintly that in one of the old spotlight videos, if you pause at just the right time, you can see something like the lore you mention.

EDIT: here you go, pause at 1:27 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lImBF7Eprag

HAMinYourButt

Recruiter

01-01-2012

Arby099 i love you so much! That is exactly what i was thinking.

Sylph

Recruiter

01-02-2012

Well done

Kirielis

01-02-2012

New one is more concrete, yeah. I prefer it.

They changed a lot of the lore, and apparently continue to. As a fairly new summoner who's also interested in this sort of thing, where can I find the various old champion lores?

FoxMindedGuy

01-03-2012

Old lore is gone because it didn't fit him very well. I mean if you guys can remember, that witch also made other living scarecrows, which would mean we were to see more scarecrow-type champions in LOL Roster some day.

Also the current lore of Fiddlesticks instills fear and goes well with his theme. The previous one was just plain ****, IMHO.

I am glad Riot does revisit these lores and work their way to perfect them because some of them were just beta lores (the company really didn't have the entire story down, thus couldn't figure out how champions were tied to the big picture).

HAMinYourButt

Recruiter

01-03-2012

Just because there are other scarescrows doesn't mean they'd be implemented. Maybe expect the witch herself to show up, but that isn't necessarily true because she clearly sent fiddle as the representative for her cause. Nasus and Renek don't have this sort of issue, they still have a nice issue. Kass and Malz are both humans affected by the void, Yi and and Wukong have their training, Udyr and Lee both have monk training, etc etc. Alistar is the last minotaur, Mao is the only of his kind, Galio is alone too, but I like the idea that their are more than one type of the race and one is just appointed as the best to represent in the league, like Volibear and Wukong