Fiddlesticks lore changed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HAMinYourButt

Recruiter

12-20-2011

This should be relatively easy for someone to solve if the right person sees it. I was going through reading the champion lore, and noticed I didn't recognize a lot of it. This isn't really a surprise because I started in open beta and have probably not looked at any champions background other than for each new champ who has come out since then. Reading fiddlesticks recently though, I swear it's not the original story I read.

I thought he was a magic scarecrow created by a witch. When the summoners started the league of justice, she believed it would result in a horrible calamity. Unlike apparently every other person in runeterra now who would have decided to fight in the league of justice, she sent fiddle to the league as a messenger trying to warn the summoners to stop (hence his nickname of Harbinger of Doom). They thought he was interested and kidnapped him or some sort of junk to fight for the league, so he isn't technically aligned with Ionia or Noxus.

Please can someone confirm this? I honestly like this background a lot more than the one currently up there, but maybe I just dreamed it or something?

Edit: Thanks to Arby099 for his ridiculous memory and hunting down of this video. Pause at 1:27 to see most of the old lore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lImBF7Eprag

Jaykoboy

12-20-2011

IDK. You seem to be ancient for a junior member. All I remember is that he's an omen of things to come. When you hear his crows, you know to run.

HAMinYourButt

Recruiter

12-20-2011

I don't think I've ever posted on the forums, if I have it was so long ago or so minor that I don't even remember what it was. However I've been playing over two years now.

Jaykoboy

12-20-2011

Yeah, I'm still only level 23. (Levelled up yesterday )

Anyways, I think that the lore you described, although cool, doesn't strike as much fear into me towards Fiddlesticks as the 'new' one does. An executioner? Gnarly. A warning of bad things? Cool, but that makes the most dangerous character in the game (Once fed, of course) sound like a good guy.

Larcent

12-21-2011

That's interesting, if true. Also funny, because the champion who lives in my head that I would pitch if I actually worked at Riot is a support champion who is a witch who reluctantly joins the League because she thinks the Institute is heading toward disaster and she feels like she needs to be there to clean up the inevitable mess.

And I've never seen this old Fiddlesticks lore. So clearly I need to be checked for psychic powers.

Son of G0d

12-21-2011

That was probably just a lie by The Institute of War to hide his true nature. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1555440

Zero000x000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

I don't remember Fiddle's lore being this, though the story vaguely feels kind of familiar.... Nothing on the wiki or any other sources I could find says anything about this though.

larkhill

12-24-2011

i dont remember fiddlesticks' lore being any different than it is now.

Ozlin

12-26-2011

Fiddlesticks has had an extra line (it actually makes things a lot clearer and thanks for that Riot) added to the first paragraph of his lore. All I have ever known was that he was some sort of doom bringer (hence his title?)

ThePickOfDestiny

12-27-2011

Yah, i heard something about Fiddle sticks being created by witches at the howling marsh, but the problem is that Karthus kills everything who enters the marsh and turns them undead, perhaps the witches were undead,
that's a good lore, but it's possible that the summoners changed his lore around and made a hoax story about a Zaunite summoner locking himself in a closet. If Fiddle really is just a kidnapped prisoner for power hungry summoners, then it sounds like a conspiracy...

"The League is not what you think it is " ~ Brand.