Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TacoBellAssassin

12-20-2011

wow, so i cant get nutcracko but my snomerdinger will be availiable again?

so stupid, well thats my last RP purchase...

MikeyOnslaught

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
This is to be expected, of course, but the concern right now has to do with Riot's "one refund only" policy. Will the Snowdown Showdown skins count in relation to this, or will they be treated as a separate issue?

I'd wager that most of us (at least, those of us taking the time to read Red posts on the matter) would be pretty alright with this change if we could get a refund without it counting towards the "once only" policy.
Yes, hope I didn't sound harsh, I'm just looking for info and it seems so hard to get these days.

I just want to make sure this won't be my one time only, but I'll handle that with support.

Thanks for the answer MoneyPenny.

HlCKOK45

12-20-2011

I will be applying for a refund.

Steinfx

12-20-2011

This is kind of disappointing. A large portion of the appeal of the limited edition holiday skins is the fact that they were supposed to be, well, limited. I was under the impression that they were limited availability as labeled in the store, not just limited by the time period that you can purchase them every year. :/

HlCKOK45

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
I'm glad you stuck to your guns on the Limited skins. People paid for those skins because they werent coming back (I dont have any btw).

I'm cool with future skins being legacy as long as the expectation is set before they are released.

Ha. This is hilarious because as a long time player I continually see how Riot caters to the new people and screws the long timers (with the exception of 6300 champs each patch). Interesting how perception works.
They didnt stick to their guns because they screwed us 2011 winter skin buyers but yeah Riot sold out.

TheBossCrab

12-20-2011

****, I'm still mad I waffled on getting the Halloween Nidalee skin. I loved that one, really wish I had bought it.

Gorubee

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
I'm glad you stuck to your guns on the Limited skins. People paid for those skins because they werent coming back (I dont have any btw).

I'm cool with future skins being legacy as long as the expectation is set before they are released.

Ha. This is hilarious because as a long time player I continually see how Riot caters to the new people and screws the long timers (with the exception of 6300 champs each patch). Interesting how perception works.
Newer plays get free quality of life changes that give them tangible benefits, older players get the option to pay money for small cosmetic benefits.

I remember when a full T3 runepage was an ass to get, nowadays if you're new it's an exercise in mashing out a few botgames. If you're an older player ha ha, now they're even harder to get because IP "changes"

Cuix

12-20-2011

I've submitted a request for a refund. Honestly, the primary appeal for these skins was, to me, their exclusivity. Even if they're only ever available for short periods of time, the fact of their probable re-release makes them as base in my eyes as regular skins.

Riot will likely still get money from me, because they're awesome folks with an awesome game, but I hugely disapprove of their decision to make holiday skins so much more broadly available.

DoctorMcPain

12-20-2011

Thanks for cheating me into buying skins I thought were limited.

Not Alan

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
I've submitted a request for a refund. Honestly, the primary appeal for these skins was, to me, their exclusivity. Even if they're only ever available for short periods of time, the fact of their probable re-release makes them as base in my eyes as regular skins.

Riot will likely still get money from me, because they're awesome folks with an awesome game, but I hugely disapprove of their decision to make holiday skins so much more broadly available.
Can you post whether this refund will be counted towards their one-refund policy? It doesn't particularly concern me (I'd have wanted Festive Maokai either way) but I'm sure many people would be interested to know.