Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CosmicKiller

12-28-2011

what about legendary skins

KnightWhoSaidNee

12-29-2011

I wasn't around during the time of Kitty Kat Katarina. I want her. Why can't I buy her? It would make you money.

Demonik187

12-29-2011

So will I never have a chance to buy pumpkin head fiddles?

JustinBlade

12-29-2011

Quote:
Vinnie:
Riot saw that there was a huge demand for old skins, but realized they couldn't resell old ones without betraying their more veteran players. Seems like a good solution imo.

If that was their reasoning for still intentionally denying people the right to purchase these products ever (limited edition skins) then it's silly and still untenable. Better they recognize people's right to buy/resell property (skins) and either 1. allow existing limited edition skins to be resold from out of one account to other, 2. be willing to refund those who previously purchased limited edition skins and allow everyone to buy them from the store whether always or at intervals, 3. make them always able to be unlocked but only by special achievements or 4. do any combination of above.

Intentionally preventing people from purchasing or reselling limited skins goes beyond any limited product in real life which the current owner always retains his inalienable right to resell. It's an affront to people's right to own property (including right to resell property) and right to pursue happiness (noone should be intentionally denied the ability to achieve).

Nightdancer ND

12-29-2011

Quote:
Moneypenny:
Some, but not necessarily all, Legacy Skins will be re-released from the Vault for limited runs in the League of Legends Store.

Hmhm...

JustinBlade

12-29-2011

Quote:
JQN]
This is extremely flawed because what if someone joined the league after the event happened? thats ****ed up for me cause I would buy most of the skins if they were available to me for purchase.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dark Uzumaki
:
That's your problem.

Just because you were late to the party doesn't mean everyone who bought a limited skin should get ****ed over.

Dark, in real life if all of a limited run of products is bought up a person "late to the party" can always make an offer to any of those people and have the possibly of acquiring said item. How does this f**k everyone over? It's called the Right to Own Property, an inalienable right, that people can essentially do whatever they want with their property including resell it. Riot in no way should continue the policy of intentionally attempting to deny people's right to own property and right to pursue happiness by preventing both resale of skins and any opportunity from ever being able to own / purchase these skins again. In real life once a property exists it can always be resold.

Damask

12-29-2011

LAME

So any skin at some point MAY become legacy and removed? FFS

Kwisatz Haderach

12-29-2011

Why screw over people who couldn't travel across the country/world to attend a convention? At least a year later you should be offering those skins for purchase. If I was able to attend a gaming convention, I wouldn't NEED a skin to get me to come.

Merlin4JC

12-29-2011

The legacy skins remind me of the Disney Vault. Kind of a cheesy marketing gimmick :-P

James990

12-29-2011

bunny riven please!