Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

poijklmnb

12-27-2011

i dont like this idea, if you start later like now for instance its saying **** you for starting, you see cool skins but then find out there is no way to get ever again, dam that sucks i understand the idea of collectable skins and that there will be new ones later on no matter when you start however, it feels like a huge let down if i started just to late to get the skin i want only to find there is no way to get after that time

Vinnie

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by poijklmnb View Post
i dont like this idea, if you start later like now for instance its saying **** you for starting, you see cool skins but then find out there is no way to get ever again, dam that sucks i understand the idea of collectable skins and that there will be new ones later on no matter when you start however, it feels like a huge let down if i started just to late to get the skin i want only to find there is no way to get after that time
And that's the exact reason why they're doing this.

Fredericolop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Seriously?! You decided to post this days after I buy Mistletoe Leblanc thinking it'll never be available again? So now it's like.....ok, already wasted money on a skin that's not very special...got over that a bit. But not only that, I wasted money on something that I figured hey, let me splurge for a change on something like this because it's a once-in-a-lifetime kinda thing. Awesome, the sucky thing is that I already got a refund on three things.

Edit: I also kinda hoped I'd be able to get some skins that you could never get again and be one of the "lucky" people who managed to get it before the cut-off time. Sigh. Maybe I'll learn to read the difference between limited time and limited edition. :/

Fredericolop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Will we be able to receive refunds for Snowdown Showdown 2011 skins, given that there was a wide-spread and rather understandable assumption that said skins fell under the Limited Edition category?
Totally agreed. 975 RP pleaseeeeeee. <3

stringo0

12-28-2011

Thanks for the clarification!

WenLue

12-28-2011

So now what? I bought a bunch of the november skins with an understanding that they were retired. When they return will you charge the discounted price again? If so i guess there was no reason for me to buy them to begin with.

Icebender

12-28-2011

Riot you need to repost this so that everybody can be enlightened about this info. I bet you 90% of the community still thinks this year's snowdown skins are still limited edition. You're making this critical post that people have to manual go to by going to the announcement page, which not many people do.

Age Nightroad

12-28-2011

I don't like this method of categorizing holiday skins, it'd be easier to keep the holiday skins limited like they've always been and start adding older skins to the legacy list over time. No one has complained about limited skins until now (unless they were sad about missing the limited sale of those skins or about additions/improvements to the skins).

It saddens people that they missed out but they move on. They won't when the 3rd year Snowdown skins could be available in the future (the feedback of this thread proves that). Let's be honest here, it's not fair to include 2011 Snowdown skins as legacy and the first 2 Snowdown year skins (or even the other holiday skins) as limited. Why shouldn't players have a 2nd possible chance to get their Silent Night Sona or Haunting Nocturne skin but have a possible chance at Snowmerdinger or Mistletoe Leblanc? However, if this is the path Riot wants to take with legacy skins, they should have a 24 hour final sale of the limited holiday skins or something to balance things out.

In any case, for the future, please just show the skins we can currently purchase from the store (with the exception of the skins that are coming out next patch). It just depresses me when I see "Unavailable" for a cool skin.

Pookems

12-28-2011

Sooo... Is Urf skin Warwick in the Limited Edition slot?

ilIuSioN

12-28-2011

NOO i cant get kitty cat katarina T^T