Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biriz

12-26-2011

Quote:
Moneypenny:

Moving forward, all holiday skins will be Legacy Skins, but those prior to Snowdown Showdown 2011 are Limited Edition Skins and won’t be making a comeback in the Store.

No more holiday skins for me.

Such a shame, I wanted to support Riot too.

Nerdstick

12-26-2011

Missed out on the old limited editions, and now all the future ones I was planning to pick up aren't going to be limited.

Not going to be charging RP as much anymore..

JARmates

12-26-2011

Quote:
Riot Ambassador:
This is correct. The 2011 Halloween skins are Limited Edition. They will not return to the store.

The 2011 Snowdown Skins are part of the Legacy program and may return in the future.

RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador

Do you not see what wrong with this? You are BS us, and it not fair. Why should the 2011 Christmas skin be legacy while the other are limited? Your explanation is flaw and your making a lot of your customer mad.

Devinatiol

12-26-2011

shouldnt legendary skins be a subclass in regular skins o.o lol or is that or complicatiing things

HolePuncher666

12-26-2011

Quote:
Addicts:
why u guys didnt put this BEFORE you release the holiday skins? I bought all of them thinking they were going to be limited like all the holiday skins...

I agree with this, i did the same.... for example nobody plays heimer except heimer fans, and hence heimer fans all get the skin. a year later heimer is the new op and the skin rereleased and everybody gets heimer with that skin. how do the original heimer players feel special? and that really removes the incentive to buy something "limited". like i even bought gp and the skin cause i thought it was a one off chance thing......

Bilbo the Great

12-26-2011

Hmm, I think it's silly to have the holiday skins be legacy skins from now on. People buy limited edition skins because they are limited - and you can only get them at a certain time. If holiday skins become legacy skins, they will not be as popular. IMO, you should perhaps bring back a skin or two by popular demand, from any other holiday, rather than make the new ones legacy, yet not make the old ones available ever again. I know Nutcracko has been highly demanded to be brought back - whereas skins like Toy Soldier Gangplank will most likely not be cared for too much (just an example as to what I've seen is popular and what isn't as popular). Yeah...
Or, at least make it so when the holiday legacy skins return, the price is higher (legendary skin price rather than a normal skin).

Walmart Bagger

12-26-2011

Not a fan, though having limited edition skins and or skins others don't have is nice.

At the same time I find myself annoyed with this. There are often skins that I would like to get or skin "sets" that if myself or my buddies all got similar skins with various champions. Such as Hextech. I think limiting skins ruins that aspect of it, though we can still play and goof around in our 5v5's with each other. Having matching skins/names make for just that much funnier of game play.

Homey C Dawg

12-27-2011

It kills me that I can't buy kitty cat Kat..

Karuma

12-27-2011

I guess Riot hates money seeing as they'd rather keep happy people who have already given them money than take the money of people who would gladly cough up some cash for rerelases on older holiday skins.

I have older skins, I wouldn't feel ripped off or less special if they came back to the store so that argument is invalid.

poijklmnb

12-27-2011

aww i wish there was some way i to still get a limited edition skin (i wanted nutcracko but started to late)