Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EIemmire

12-22-2011

happy limited Edition skin hour plz D

FallFromElegance

12-22-2011

IMO if you are going to re-release some from this winter you should do it for all skins..if you want to make more of the newer players happy then yea you should give a chance at snowbunny or kittykat. This would make things easier for those who are pissed off saying you made it limited and now its not, changing things mid way is how games work. Give us snowbunny and kittykat!! Id even pay legendary prices for em xD

Not Alan

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorSwagThnDennis View Post
So what happened with Surprise Party Fiddlesticks? There was an ad saying that you should get it while it is only 975 RP, and that it is a legendary skin, along with the fact that it was for an event, so it was more than implied that it would eventually become 1850 RP or leave the store entirely... and it didn't.
I don't recall this ad. I remember the announcement that Surprise Party Fiddle was being released and that it would be for 975 RP instead of the usual 1850 for legendaries. Many people asked if it was a sale or if the skin would be limited edition, and reds posted that it would stay in the store and remain at that price.

whatwhatintehbut

12-22-2011

Skins!

A Fried Hamster

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluecks View Post
Question:

So are there never gonna be Limited Skins again other than those that are obtained through events such as PAX?
Can someone answer this...I'm really curious because I only bought the skins because I know they would never be sold again. Makes me feel good when I show off my skin....

Fire Swamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Dear Riot Ambassador,

1. Will you guys start making 3 legacy holliday skins or will you guys add like 1 limited eddition skin on that holiday to make players feel better to own something that at least doesn't come back.

2. Also, when the skins come to re-appear in the future, will they become a limited eddition skin after having at least 2 releases?

3. Lastly, do you plan on making any future limited edition skins in the future?

Thank you for time and patience with the people struggling.
Fire Swamp

Dèíty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Riot seriously needs some PR lessons. You said yourselves that not all legacy skins will be released. So there's absolutely no point in designating a limited edition category because you can withhold any or all skins if you felt like it regardless, all you're doing is shooting yourselves in the foot by making this announcement. Smart move guise.

Icebender

12-22-2011

wait wait wait... how come this year's holiday skins not limited edition? I bought those skins BECAUSE i thought they were limited edition. wow... just wow............

Icebender

12-22-2011

Honestly Riot, if you're planning on bringing back this year's snowdown skins to next year's holidays skins with addition of other skins, then I feel like the skin designer team isn't being creative enough. These holiday skins were literally like trophies of those players to show off the experience they have had playing LoL, but now it's just.... it's just... nothing anymore. It only shows how much greed you guys have since due to high demands of previous holiday skins, you probably see that as a profit. That's fine, that's how you survive in the business world, but as a customer of your product(game), I am not satisfied that you're making the customers feel like people who just provide you money and that's not really what you want a customer to feel. Customer satisfaction dropped well below for me as I was looking forward to these holiday skins since the beginning of this year - because they're supposed to be limited edition epic awesomeness as the previous holiday skins.

Now what? Now.. I have nothing to look forward to next year. And THAT will make me and will sure make a lot of other people leave this game.

My reason in typing this out in hoping you'd read this? Fix this problem ASAP before it's too late. HoN seemed too greedy to me, so I left and came here. I don't want to leave a game that I've spent money on already, but hey, if it means I can't spend anymore money that's worthwhile (limited edition skins), then that spark of interest in this game has been diminished by 70%. We'll see what happens, but be smart cause Dota 2 is coming out. A big competitive playing field coming at your way Riot.

sinbad69

12-22-2011

so riot is essentialy using the macrib buiseness model