Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylum Lux

12-21-2011

So what happened with Surprise Party Fiddlesticks? There was an ad saying that you should get it while it is only 975 RP, and that it is a legendary skin, along with the fact that it was for an event, so it was more than implied that it would eventually become 1850 RP or leave the store entirely... and it didn't.

Google Is Skynet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

what about legendary skins?

xFrankenstein

12-21-2011

What happened with viking trynd? why wasnt he limited like when he was announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
Summoners!

Last month we announced our [url2=http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17388926]Legacy Skin Project where we retired 21 classic skins from the League of Legends store [/url2] to make room for the next generation of awesome champion regalia. Since our announcement there has been some confusion surrounding what constitutes a Regular skin vs. a Legacy skin vs. a Limited Edition skin. So, wed like to take a moment to clarify the differences between these skin types.

Regular Skins

These skins are available in the store year round and may be purchased any time in the store. However, they may turn into Legacy Skins at some point in the future, in the same way that the previous 21 classic skins were recently retired. We will always give advance notice of our intention to retire a regular skin before making it a Legacy Skin.

Legacy Skins

Legacy Skins are skins that are only available for a limited amount of time upon release, after which they will become unavailable for purchase and be placed into our Legacy Vault. Some, but not necessarily all, Legacy Skins will be re-released from the Vault for limited runs in the League of Legends Store. Again, we will always announce in advance when we plan to re-release any of these skins. Current Legacy Skins include the Snowdown Showdown 2011 collection and the 21 classic skins that were retired in November.

Moving forward, all holiday skins will be Legacy Skins, but those prior to Snowdown Showdown 2011 are Limited Edition Skins and wont be making a comeback in the Store.

Limited Edition Skins

Limited Edition skins are only available for a limited time, after which they will not be available for purchase again in the future. These skins include ALL holiday skins released before December 2011. These include skins like Kitty Kat Katarina, Ice Toboggan Corki, and Snow Bunny Nidalee.

Limited Edition also includes skins tied to special events such as PAX Jax, Riot Squad Singed, etc. The availability of future Limited Edition skins will be on a case-by-case basis depending on the event. For example, some will only be available for attendees of an event and some will be available to purchase in the Store for a limited time. These particular skins will no longer be available for purchase after they are retired.

Maude Caesar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-21-2011

i give you 50 $ for zombie ryze

ManaCrazed

12-21-2011

He is Dominar of the Hynerians so he can afford it!

Irrational

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
This is correct. The 2011 Halloween skins are Limited Edition. They will not return to the store.

The 2011 Snowdown Skins are part of the Legacy program and may return in the future.

RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador
I do not think this is fair to those of us that bought the 2011 Snowdown Skins since I bought mine with expectations that it won't EVER be released again. Otherwise they might as well open the market for all the previous holiday skins for that specific holiday. Being able to buy it once a year during that season or never buying it and having the honor of playing during that time and owning that skin exclusively because you did play during the season only makes it fair. They're just not as special as the skins before if you do this =\

Leonson

12-21-2011

I asked for my refund, was told that it would be my "one-time refund", in complete contradiction of RiotAmbassador's statement in this thread.

Kinda sad really.

S Train67

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonson View Post
I asked for my refund, was told that it would be my "one-time refund", in complete contradiction of RiotAmbassador's statement in this thread.

Kinda sad really.
Same

Vinnie

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonson View Post

Kinda sad really.
Try linking them what he said if you didn't and let us know what happens, I already used my refund.

Jason Only

12-22-2011

Thanks for the clarification. However, this is the last time I buy seasonal skins, ever. Removing Limited Skins simply because you now have a bigger playerbase which can purchase more from you is a poor move towards people who, you know, helped the game to be where it is, now.

You do have the resources to create normal, legacy AND limited skins, Riot.

Oh, well, I shouldn't be complaining, since I'll save money.