Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinnie

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavri View Post
PSS~ Learn what "LIMITED AVAILABILITY" means.

LIMITED AVAILABILITY means, sold only for a short period of time.

LIMITED AVAILABILITY is NOT the same thing as LIMITED EDITION.

During the legacy skin sale on black Friday, the Legacy skins were also put under, LIMITED AVAILABILITY.

So please, you really need to learn what the definition of "LIMITED AVAILABILITY" is.

In fact, here; have a screen shot of what you SHOULD OF READ.

Note how, in that screen shot, it says for a LIMITED TIME, you can get the LEGACY SKINS. So of course it would be put under the LIMITED AVAILABILITY tab. They were only advertised as legacy skins. It's your own fault for thinking that just since they were in the limited availability (which is were they belong since you can only buy them in December), that they were limited edition. It's not a case of riot going back on it's word. Every holiday skin before these are limited edition. It's more along the lines of the costumers assuming a company would never change how things work and instantly buy products with out reading the fine print. The Snowdown Showdown skins were never called Limited Edition. We only assumed it was.
No idea why you're being downvoted, apparently if it has the word limited in it, we can disregard the following word and assume it's edition.

Leonson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavri View Post
I showed you before, but if I have to show you again, then here it is.

I attached an Ad that, if you have read it before buying any of the skins, would have made it clear to you that they are legacy. In fact, the ad isn't even HIDDEN. It's the first thing you see when you open the store.
Reading comprehension ftl?

Seriously did you even read my post?

One, I asked you to show, in any of your three links where the word legacy appears. You did not, because it does not.

I also mentioned that splash screen in the store, which is among many splash screens, which flash by rather quickly, and which was dominated by the Ahri release splash screen.

You are correct, they referred to them as Legacy in 1 out of 4 possible locations, however it's in the location least likely to be seen by anyone.

My god, you really do not understand the argument.

Just keep standing on your soap box screaming about oranges while the rest of us discuss apples, ok?

Vinnie

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonson View Post
You are correct, they referred to them as Legacy in 1 out of 4 possible locations, however it's in the location least likely to be seen by anyone.
So the ad that pops up for everyone who goes to buy the skin is the least likely place? You mean most, right?

Dueliest

12-21-2011

Lol, 15 pages of rocket science!

MoreMadMango

12-21-2011

I don't get it. So you're practically doing this:

Some of the Regular skins might become Legacy skins in the future. That means that, as all Legacy skins, they may reappear on sale sometime for a little time. So people will be hurry up and buy the skins as soon as possible before they vanish again. And you make profit with these missunderstandings.

2011 Snowdown Showdown skins SHOULD be Limited, as soon as they were released before Moneypenny's (and thus Riot's) official clarification. Because yes, some of us bought them not only because we wanted to, but because we thought they were Limited too. Because you DON'T clarify it from the beginning. Shame on you, Riot.

And so you know what? Yes, I think it will be fair, from the moment that holiday skins are Legacy, to ask for 2009 and 2010 Snowdown Showdown skins to become Legacy, as well as 2010 Mundial skins and a couple of others, like UFO Corki and 2010 Winter Olympic Games skins.

I've never cried, or QQ about your policies, people of Riot, because you're actually offering us a FREE game here. But when it comes to the money I pay for Limited skins (exactly because they're Limited) I demand policies like one I described above. Because the one you currently follow, no, I don't like it

Vinnie

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMadMango View Post

Some of the Regular skins might become Legacy skins in the future. That means that, as all Legacy skins, they may reappear on sale sometime for a little time. So people will be hurry up and buy the skins as soon as possible before they vanish again. And you make profit with these missunderstandings.

2011 Snowdown Showdown skins SHOULD be Limited, as soon as they were released before Moneypenny's (and thus Riot's) official clarification. Because yes, some of us bought them not only because we wanted to, but because we thought they were Limited too. Because you DON'T clarify it from the beginning. Shame on you, Riot.

And so you know what? Yes, I think it will be fair, from the moment that holiday skins are Legacy, to ask for 2009 and 2010 Snowdown Showdown skins to become Legacy, as well as 2010 Mundial skins and a couple of others, like UFO Corki and 2010 Winter Olympic Games skins.

I've never cried, or QQ about your policies, people of Riot, because you're actually offering us a FREE game here. But when it comes to the money I pay for Limited skins (exactly because they're Limited) I demand policies like one I described above. Because the one you currently follow, no, I don't like it
What misunderstanding? They clearly said what legacy skins are, and if you want one without having to wait for however long they hold them, you need to buy them when they're available. I don't see any misunderstandings.

They were advertised as legacy skins in the store, on and ad that you see as soon as you open the store. They said that if you feel cheated from the misunderstanding then you can contact support for a refund of your rp.

They can't bring the older limited skins back as legacy skins because they were actually advertised as limited, unlike these current skins, but I do agree and would like to see the older ones back.

seandkiller

12-21-2011

imo, all holiday skins pertaining to a certain year should be limited, not just this year, but the years to come as well.

S Train67

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=391011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrumb View Post
Happy Monday, Summoners! It’s the most wonderful time of year, as the Snowdown Showdown is set to kick off soon! In additional to all the holiday content on its way, there’s also a sssssssssslick new champion and some great new skins available, as well.

Limited Edition Snowdown Showdown Skins
We’ve been hard at work here at the Riot workshop to bring you a brand new set of Snowdown Showdown outfits for some of your favorite champions. We think you’ll agree that this year’s roster is festive, merry, and downright awesome. Without further ado, here’s this year’s lineup of holiday skins, coming to a Field of Justice near you:

-Santa Gragas
-Reindeer Kog'Maw
-Silent Night Sona
-Nutcracko
-Re-Gift Amumu
-Ragdoll Poppy
-Candy Cane Miss Fortune

Keep in mind that these Snowdown Showdown skins are available for a limited time only. Once the Snowdown Showdown ends, these skins will no longer be available for purchase in the Store.

Cassiopeia Bundles
Cassiopeia, the Serpent’s Embrace, has joined the League of Legends! With a devastating array of poison-based abilities, and an ultimate that turns opponents to stone, Cassiopeia is sure to slither her way to the top of everyone’s wish list this holiday season. Also be sure to grab her two new skins, Desperada Cassiopeia and Siren Cassiopeia, before hitting the battlefield.

As part of the Desperada Cassiopeia Bundle, you can get 50% off the Desperada Cassiopeia skin. But for an even better deal, get both the Desperada Cassiopeia skin and the Siren Cassiopeia skin for 50% off in the Cassiopeia Double Bundle.

Desperada Cassiopeia Bundle
Get 50% off the Desperada Cassiopeia skin when you purchase the champion and skin together in the bundle.
- Cassiopeia champion + Desperada Cassiopeia skin (normally 1950 RP) will be only 1462 RP!

Cassiopeia Double Bundle
Get both the Desperada Cassiopeia skin and the Siren Cassiopeia skin for 50% off when you purchase the champion and skins together in the bundle.
- Cassiopeia champion + Desperada Cassiopeia skin + Siren Cassiopeia skin (normally 2925 RP) will be only 1950 RP!

These bundles will only be available until the end of the weekend following the patch, so don’t miss out! After the release of the patch, click on the Bundles tab in the Store to purchase these Cassiopeia bundles.

See you on the Fields of Justice, and have a happy Snowdown Showdown!
This is the ad from last years snowdown showdown and while I do understand riots decision I think that overall there is alot of confusion because they were never specific. While it does say that the skins are limited, it also says that they are only available during snowdown showdown. Right now is snowdown showdown. If they are going to keep these limited then this years should also be limited. If they are making this year's legacy then make last years legacy. TBH what they should do is make the old ones legacy but just dont release them. I would like to buy some of the older ones, but I understand the feelings of those who have purchased them. Also wondering how many people who still play own these skins?

GalkaRDM

12-21-2011

Everyone who makes a valid argument gets downvoted, and every ****** who can't comprehend English, use common sense or take the time to just plain read, get upvoted. This community really is ****.

The kitty Meows

12-21-2011

Wait , Are you saying you guys wouldn't release the limited edition because the players bought them thinking it was a one time thing? I mean I bought limited edition skins for that reason too but i wouldn't mind if they would come back so that i could buy more for my other accounts, You guys should really re-release some of those limited ones like kitty kat or Silent Sona, I mean after all this game is known for listening to the community right? i don't think it would hurt to release a few of the old ones to make everyone happy Plus you guys wouldn't lose anything with it.