Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leonson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavri View Post
Are YOU THICK?

The new skins never said limited. It was your fault for auto assuming they were. All the ads for the snowdown showdown 2011 skins never said it was limited or not untill they showed up in the store, then they said legacy.

that's more your fault for not reading the fine print.

PS-

Goes to store.
Clicks on 'Skins' tab.
Clicks 'LIMITED AVAILABILITY' check box.

Oh yes, LIMITED.

Not legacy.

When you know not whereof you speak, your mouth is best used for chewing.

xNECROx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Well...I should thank you Riot, you are saving me money by not buying your skins anymore. And nope, I'm not just all talk(look at my purchase history on this account or my other account.) I pretty much bought every skin up to Leprechaun Veigar on this one and most every Limited on both.. now I have no motivation to collect skins for champions I do not play as much as they are not clearly limited edition..And the "legacy" skin honestly is downright low -- it's like "it might not be available again!" but "it might be!" so you better buy..or you better not! Whatever...$80 that won't be going to you guys from myself that was pretty much loaded up to go when the skins were released..I hope with all the people who asked refunds/not buying is worth it -- Whoever's idea this was should be FIRED immediately..worst marketing decision ..ever.

tl;dr , all I was buying anymore was the holiday skins, and I won't even mention how stupid it was Leprechaun Veigar wasn't Limited...

GalkaRDM

12-21-2011

What the **** is pissing people off about this? It doesn't change your ability to acquire the skin, it doesn't change it's appearance or usability, it doesn't change the price. Are people just pissed off because they're so selfish that they can't handle the fact that someone else might be able to get "their" skin later in the future? How ****ing petty, get over yourselves.

Pugna Infinita

12-21-2011

I still say if they want my money they should release some of the locked skins. I know I wouldn't be alone in picking them up if they were available again.

At least they release good ones for champs I play, although I would like to see some trundle skins in the future >.>

koolnerd

12-21-2011

Please take out the old christmas skins from the champ selection screen then. Everytime I see "unavailable/locked" for those skins I think "I WOULD have bought them when available IF the game was more publicized last year" and will now see it as a constant reminder that I'll never ever be able to get those skins, period.

WildCrow

12-21-2011

Just put every **** skin back on the store already ... Riot i know you want my money, so please TAKE IT

xGvPx

12-21-2011

so...when you guys re-releasing Black Alistar =)

RG Stylus

12-21-2011

What I don't understand is why you would bring back holiday skins? Does the art team not like making unique ones every year?

Sol Badguy

12-21-2011

Here's a little bit of explanation for people about why the idea of the Limited Edition skins being rereleased is a problem:

The elitism thing /never/ has to enter the equation. The point of sale for a lot of people was that they were advertised as One-Time Only skins. Moral dillemas, ethics never have to enter into this. If a Sale is made based on an assumed promise, and that promise is not kept the deal has changed, the sale's point of interest has gone away retroactively; This is technically defined as "False Advertising."

Frankly, I would imagine that Riot's legal department had to consider for a while about this. Not only are their ethical dillemas in going back on your word about a Sale, it CAN lead to a very, very bad situation if the deal that people entered into (A form of contract) is voided by the seller.

No matter how much you want those skins, it is simply impossible because they were advertised as something special and unavailable in the future. People bought those skins FOR that listed reason, meaning it was the primary reason of sale for a number of individuals such as myself. If that "Listed reason" stops existing, then in the end people were baited into purchasing something under false pretense.

Sorry, that really is the grit of it, guys. To release those skins again would mean a certain level of public backlash, and debatably a Legal landmine.

FLYpaper767

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolnerd View Post
Please take out the old christmas skins from the champ selection screen then. Everytime I see "unavailable/locked" for those skins I think "I WOULD have bought them when available IF the game was more publicized last year" and will now see it as a constant reminder that I'll never ever be able to get those skins, period.
When I was on the EU server last night, I could only see Nid skins that I either had or could purchase when I locked in for a game. For me .. Leopard, Bewitching, and Snow Bunny weren't shown.