o hai kassadin halp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carewarwuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

i start off with mana crystal + 2x health pots, proceed to catalyst, mejai and sorcerers boots, finish rod of ages

9/0/21 teleport + ignite

Am i doing it wrong? Any Suggestions?

Basist

07-12-2010

It's a fairly solid caster build, as long as you play it safe and keep those stacks. I prefer to build RoA as soon as I can to get the passive bonuses though.

Empyron

07-12-2010

Close. Instead of RoA I usually go Deathfire Grasp and then Banshee's Veil though. More nukeability and a protect from silence.

peyo

07-12-2010

clarity > teleport imo... you're not a pusher

Glass of Milk

07-12-2010

Exhaust + ignite.

Start with Health crystal for catalyst.

Get catalyst.

Get boots.

Rush RoA.

Finish boot.

Mejais.

Void staff.

Free kill at level 6 assuming you kept them low. Teleport, e, q, exhaust, ignite, melee.

BonkFever

07-12-2010

i personally run Ignite + Cleanse.

Ignite for extra burst and to help fight early. Cleanse to get rid of a stun or silence so you can riftwalk away.

My build is:
Saphire + 2HP pots
---into Teaof the Goddess
Boots 1
Mejai's
Finish Sorc boots
Zhonya's Ring
--Depending on team makeup--
LichBane -or- Finish Archangel's
defense? Banshee's offense? Void staff or Deathfire's Grasp

Skill build:
Q
E
Q
W (it helps, really)
E
R

R>E>Q>W

Rakeash

07-12-2010

Clarity/Cleanse

Doran's
Mejai's
Sorc Boots
Zhonya's

Mr Collie Man

07-12-2010

I just started playing Kass and have been furiously testing out all the suggested AP builds I see for him. So far, the one that seemed to actually work the best for me avoided RoA because I feel like you need straight AP with Kass, and if you're good enough with rift walk you shouldn't die very often, even with a squishy build.

Try Mana Crystal -> Mejai's -> Sheen -> Lichbane -> Zhonya's

If you get at least 10 Mejai stacks and buy the AP elixer every time you can afford it, you can nuke like freakin crazy. Run with cleanse/ignite and use Zhonya's to save yourself when focused. It can buy you enough time to rift walk to safety.

For the first few levels, just focus on last hitting because your early game abilities are not worth wasting the mana. This lets your opponents in the lane think you are some kind of "beta male" and they will begin to try bossing the lane around and being overzealous. Soften up their HP a little starting around level 4 to prepare for a gank. I level up E first then Q, but you can do either or. Once you turn level 6, pick the squishier of the two targets in your lane, let your lane mate know, and you can go to town on them. Q -> R -> E -> Ignite should be enough to get any squishy below half hp alone in about 2 seconds, so if your lane mate can do some damage, you got yourself a kill.

Then it's all about harassing squishies. Once the team fighting starts, I try to find that cute little Heimer/Soraka/Veigar/Annie/Anivia in the back and annihilate their HP. When half their HP is gone and ignite is ticking away, they will run like hell and you've just taken them out of the fight. Using E on the entire team is a great way to help your team, too.

I'm no Kassadin pro, in fact I'm average at best.. but I'm trying to get better and really it's just about learning Kassadin for yourself and becoming the assassin you're supposed to be.

peyo

07-12-2010

@above, the only problem with your build that I see is that you're seriously lacking a mana. You have no mana items other than Sheen, no mana regen and no Clarity.

I've tried going for Meija's > Sheen > Zhonya > Lich Bane, but I was oom a lot and I was running Clarity.

Mr Collie Man

07-12-2010

That's a good point and I'll probably try fitting in Chalice of Harmony to alleviate the problem. However, even with Rod of Ages I found myself going oom really fast, and the damage output in my build was so much better. With chalice and golem buff, mana shouldn't be too much of an issue. Like I said, I'm still pretty new to Kassadin myself and learning something new every game. I'm just saying what has worked best for me in the dangerous world of solo queue.