Idea for the 0cs Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JeanieYuss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Riot, and much of the playerbase have stated that the 0cs support is not fun, and that it would be better to get supports more active in the game.

My idea would be do change the Greed talent in Utility to make all minions you last hit worth 25% more gold. However you only get 50% of the total gold from the last hit, and the remainder is split among all nearby allied champions.

The carry in the lane still gets less when the support last hits, but the team as a whole gets more gold if the support last hits. The carry will still want to last hit, but now the support will want to last hit as well, and neither of the people in the lane will be underfarmed.

Gbuss

12-20-2011

The last thing i need as a support is to be focusing on last hitting... As a support you need to be keeping your eyes on all lanes, trying to cv when needed, make sure you ward, make sure your carry isn't getting focused too heavily, try and harass the opposing support and carry out of lane, or at least keep them away from your carry, making sure the opposing jungler doesn't get a successful gank on your lane, and probably other things I just can't think of right now. So... With the current meta, no.. The last thing I need is more to focus on as a support.

If people are saying support isn't fun, then they just want to be a carry most likely where they get to get all of the cs, or just somethng that isn't support. Support isn't for everyone.

Rutank

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieYuss View Post
Riot, and much of the playerbase have stated that the 0cs support is not fun, and that it would be better to get supports more active in the game.

My idea would be do change the Greed talent in Utility to make all minions you last hit worth 25% more gold. However you only get 50% of the total gold from the last hit, and the remainder is split among all nearby allied champions.

The carry in the lane still gets less when the support last hits, but the team as a whole gets more gold if the support last hits. The carry will still want to last hit, but now the support will want to last hit as well, and neither of the people in the lane will be underfarmed.
um who said you need to have a support? If you want to be bad and lose don't run a support. At the same time i've seen some people play without a support and the additional dps works just fine. Don't try to cookie cutter builds and then cry about them brah.

Gbuss

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutank View Post
um who said you need to have a support? If you want to be bad and lose don't run a support. At the same time i've seen some people play without a support and the additional dps works just fine. Don't try to cookie cutter builds and then cry about them brah.
What? I was talking about a support because this thread is about adding more to the supports... read the actual thread next time. If you were thinking about supports solo laning. Then you can run the "support" like any other solo laner. I know Karma excells at solo laning since she is the support that I believe needs the most farm to be usefull.

I was talking about if you take the current meta (solo top usually bruiser, AP carry mid, jungler, AD carry and support bot) where the support doesn't get any CS. currently, to do well as a support in the current meta, you need to focus on a lot of things, and do them well in order to let your AD carry farm well. Adding the fact of balancing CS with the AD carry down bottom as well would be one more thing that would make supporting even more complicated. I wouldn't want that as a support, and I wouldn't want that as a support, and i'm sure less people would be playing support as a result of that too...

P.S. I'm not your "brah" nor am I anyone's "brah".

Edit: if you want to play a support like a duo dps lane, then do so, no one is stopping you... I would just notify the person you are laning with as to what you are doing so they know what to expect and you can have better team synergy.

EpicMudkips

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbuss View Post
What? I was talking about a support because this thread is about adding more to the supports... read the actual thread next time. If you were thinking about supports solo laning. Then you can run the "support" like any other solo laner. I know Karma excells at solo laning since she is the support that I believe needs the most farm to be usefull.

I was talking about if you take the current meta (solo top usually bruiser, AP carry mid, jungler, AD carry and support bot) where the support doesn't get any CS. currently, to do well as a support in the current meta, you need to focus on a lot of things, and do them well in order to let your AD carry farm well. Adding the fact of balancing CS with the AD carry down bottom as well would be one more thing that would make supporting even more complicated. I wouldn't want that as a support, and I wouldn't want that as a support, and i'm sure less people would be playing support as a result of that too...

P.S. I'm not your "brah" nor am I anyone's "brah".

Edit: if you want to play a support like a duo dps lane, then do so, no one is stopping you... I would just notify the person you are laning with as to what you are doing so they know what to expect and you can have better team synergy.
I don't think he meant that directed towards you..

Gablesmath

12-21-2011

Riot should not change basic things (mastery trees, runes, etc) according to the meta. If you don't like to play a support, don't.

What I would like to add is that "0 cs support" mentality is bad... and do not really apply to everyone's level... it IS the most efficient way, in this meta, to have a fed AD carry, but this is when you are a pro and your ad carry can get 90%+ cs ... which is not the case at most elos.

Having that in mind, many pros will tell you : if you play support in solo queue, get some cs, not talking about those soraka spamming Q, but if you see your carry wont get a minion. That way you will have oracle faster, you will ward more, your carry will be safer or you will be safer...

wenny

12-21-2011

This idea sucks... its too overpowered. Carry will go into utility tree get that talent and it will be much better for carry and support >.>

anu mara

12-21-2011

+25% more gold, then spliting in half. Means they are getting 62.5% of the gold they would have in the first place, and their ally getting the other 62.5%.

PedoArmoredBear

12-21-2011

even with that i prefere an ashe with IE and boots of speed and a janna with philosopher then a janna with philosopher and boots with an ashe with bf, cloak, pick axe and boots.

Qrzv

12-22-2011

I find it really fun not to have a support bot. Obviously not in ranked (anyways yet). But if you don't like how supports work, get a friend who plays a mean ali or anyone else who can push real good, rack up minions. Then play shaco, and zone the enemy. Me and my friend have been doing that, works pretty well. Gets both parties fed. So there's yur solution :P. Also, other lane comps like panth+talon could work, since it's such a high-kill lane. or a fiddlesticks support going for kills. The term 'support' is simply too limited in peoples minds. If that mastery were introduced, I'd personally run 2 utility tree AD carries bot. Tah-dah.

-Shir0