Question bout Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tayrus

07-12-2010

Does spirit visage works with his ult? is it effective and worth buying ? as a first item ?
Better frozen mallet or rylai ?
what better build ? more tanky ? more ap ? ad ?

any advices same as runes will be cool

Ragash

07-12-2010

I play Morde as main and I go for spirit visage as 1st or 2nd item. I belive it works with his ulti. I get the item mostly for the HP regen and the CD, I always get 40% CD on morde for more spam of his spells so I can keep hin shield up.

Carewarwuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

it does not works with his ultimate and so it is not worth it.

Frozen mallet or rylais? well, frozen mallet pros from your ghost pet so i like it more.

Miltus

07-12-2010

It doesn't affect his ulti, but it's still worth it - CDR is hard to get from items, MR and HP/5 are also useful. I usually build it as my first item unless the other team is DPS heavy.

Rylai vs. Mallet is a matter of preference really, I like Rylai more personally.

Redenbacher

07-12-2010

I've found that Spirit Visage is a must on Mordekaiser, and I almost always get it as a first item unless I'm laning against heavy physical damage (in which case I get it right after Warden's Mail). You don't get it for the 20% boost to HP gain effects, you get it for the CDR, MR, and regen.

As for Rylai's and Frozen Mallet - I've tried them both, and I prefer the Frozen Mallet. Rylai's is nice as well, but the AoE slow isn't nearly as noticeable to me as the large single target slow, and I also get more double kills thanks to the Ghost not allowing anyone to get away.

Contagious Cure

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurvaano View Post
it does not works with his ultimate and so it is not worth it.

Frozen mallet or rylais? well, frozen mallet pros from your ghost pet so i like it more.
CDR and MR are well worth it.

VejiTehDestroyer

07-12-2010

Red = Magic Pen
Blue = CDR/pLvL
Yellow = HP Regen
Quint = Flat HP/HP Regen/Magic Pen

I used to use Spirit Visage > Boots > Upgrade Boots > Randuin's Omen > Ryali's Sceptor > Hextech or Rod of (Whatever it is that also gives you armor and AP). But then i started playing games and noticing that i was dying alot, which utterly baffled me. I mean, i'm Super Morde, no?

Everytime you die, theres a little link in the middle of the screen that says "Death Update" or something like that and if you click it after each death, you can see what killed you. If you're getting punished by physical attack damage, then start building armor. If you're getting burnt up by magic/AP-based attacks, then go for MR. If possible, try to get pieces that also have AP or some effect to them thats going to make you go farther or do more damage. And this route only becomes viable to me after i complete my Spirit Visage > Boots > Update Boots > Randuin's Omen pieces.

If you're not dying alot, then go Ryali's and stacking AP, but me personally, I get focus fired almost everytime and after a while of stacking armor and MR, i can walk into an enemies base and out last a 2-3 champ barrage while knocking them down. You either need a ton of AP or a whole lot of armor/MR to out last your opponents imo.

Carewarwuk

07-12-2010

flat cooldown reduction are much better, also dodge on seals.

SirCumference

07-12-2010

Yea I take Magic Pen marks, Dodge seals, CDR glyph (except one for Magic PEN to make it 10% instead of 9.xxx), and CDR quints. That gives you 10% CDR which means after spirit visage 12% CDR, Omen, 15% CDR, runes 10% CDR, and talents 3% CDR you then have 40% CDR with items you would normally get.

You really have to choose whether you are going more tanky or more dmg for frozen mallet or Rylai. In the beginning you either go with spirit visage for MR or wardens mail for armor. Then depending on how long you can lane you get boots and start on the other item. If you're going tanky you grab merc treads. If you're going dmg you grab sorc boots. Next to be more tanky I usually go FON or Frozen mallet. If AP I usually go Abyssal sceptre. After that for DMG I can Grab Rylai but I have found that trinity force is just about the best item for him in the game for dmg.

So tanky =
Spirit visage
Wardens mail
Merc treads
FON
Upgrade warden to Randuin Omen
Forzen mallet or Leviathan
Guardian angel

DMG =
Sprit visage
Wardens mail
Sorc boots
If you can go straight for trinity force
Upgrade warden to Randuin Omen
Abyssal sceptre
Rylai/void staff

Really you can build mord so many different ways. Gotta build a little different depending on who you're facing. I try to throw trinity in my tanking build if I can too. It makes you dangerous enough to be attacked.

Kwazi

Recruiter

07-12-2010

doran's shield- boots1- randuin's- boots2- aegis- abyssal/rylais/mallet

randuin's is a must on tank morde since it gives armor CDR AND a slow just enough for your team to catch up

here's a little trick to tanking
when attacking near a tower put your creeping death on a physical dps and stay near the tower
as long as your shield does damage to the enemy (ie the ally you put it on is near him constantly) the tower will attack you instead of your ally that is killing the enemy by the tower