What happens next?

[NMR] Reunite with Morello. Our enemies will fall! 8 40.00%
[NMR] Morello is out of control. He must be overthrown! 3 15.00%
[NMR] We will wait until the IsC and the AfA are done killing each other before we act. 3 15.00%
[IsC] Parrotopia's walls will hold. Launch a counter assault on the AfA! 6 30.00%
[IsC] Something wicked is stirring in the north. Investigate it! 7 35.00%
[IsC] The AfA is too strong! Fall back to the palace! 7 35.00%
[The Knights Who Drink Tea] Drink Tea! (Tea! Tea! Tea!) - Back to neutrality. 7 35.00%
[AfA] March our new allied armies to the Brotherhood lands and crush them! 3 15.00%
[AfA] Send our new found allies to reinforce the assault on Parrotopia! 8 40.00%
[AfA] Zileas senses Morello's return. Investigate it! Also pillage things on the way. 5 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

[Community Event] The Riot War - Chapter 9 - The Maw of Nerfblivion

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

12-21-2011

Haeos (And Company)
The Chroma-Ninja
On the Boat

Kohaku got back on board the ship. "Well, I've got good news, okay news, and news that not only isn't good, it's not really news, either."

Haeos stood up in expectation. This was usually good, whenever Kohaku talked like this. "So? What is it?"

"The good news is, I found someone who figured out the problem. The okay news is, she's going to be coming with us. The bad news is...you're an idiot, Haeos. You didn't even check to make sure the anchor is raised."

Kaizen made his way over to the edge of the boat. "She's right, the anchor's nowhere close to out of the water."

Haeos shrugged. "I'm a ninja, not a sailor. What can I say?"

Kohaku pointed down the docks. "Apologize for your stupidity to the woman when she comes. She's grabbing her gear, and will be here any minute."

As she spoke, the woman came onto the boat, with a large motorbike complete with a sidecar filled to the brim with gear. "This her?"

"Yup."

Haeos approached the woman. "Well, welcome aboard, madam. My name is Haeos. You've already met my sister, Kohaku, and that guy over there is Kaizen. Glad to have you on the ship, and we'll be underway soon, thanks to your help."

Necromonger

12-21-2011

Cassandra Irene - No faction
Post Human Genetically Engineered Badass
On the Ninjas' Boat

Cassandra sniffed. Their names sounded quite Ionian. She finds herself a spot on the boat to park and secure her bike- she suddenly developed a deep worry at bringing her items aboard. The bike was probably more expensive than the ship itself.

"You guys aren't ninjas... are you?" She asked, with a raised brow as in fact, Dietrich was doing the actual work and Cassandra just stood at the railing.

"And... where are we going? I'm sort of new to this place. I'd like to be filled in on anything relevant... or interesting."

xMsyk

12-21-2011

New Morello Republic Msyk, Smubaiky, Vacus
Far up north on Urgot's Reach

A full night passed with nothing noticeable happening. Standard two person guarding shift, standard wilderness noise. The only noticeable moment was when it started to snow, which wasn’t too large of a surprise considering the height of the region and the time of the year. Yet the snowfall ended before dawn, and everything was covered with a white blanket everywhere.

Waking up, all three companions now felt the even more present force of nerf coming from the mountain. Whatever was happening, it was progressing steadily. Msyk was hoping that he his Lord would be back out after his activities very soon, but didn’t want to disturb him. The last time that he interrupted the Nerflord onto important business… the sheer memory of that moment sent down chills in his spine, and immediately wiped out that mental thought. As Smubaiky was stretching himself, Msyk noticed several small shadowy figures in the yonder. He wasn’t exactly sure who or what it was, since they were small silhouettes afar and partially obstructed by the local wilderness, but human beings in such a desolated and isolated place made him very suspicious. Connecting himself to Smubaiky’s mental communication, he began to issue orders.

*Smubaiky. We’re not alone. I’ll get closer and investigate. Extinguish the fire, and make sure that nobody notices you. And no spells at all, I don’t know if they have magic users or magic sensors.*

*Extinguish the fire? But I’ll freeze in just a few minutes!* replied a very worried wizard.

*I don’t care. Do as I say until we’re fixed on who’s here. I want to take absolutely no risks. I’ll stay in touch with you.*

Msyk cut the communication, knowing that Smubaiky would only complain more just to complain. He left both of his sabers {which I forgot and failed to mention MANY TIMES, I hate myself, but I still am carrying those} with the two magicians and wandered off. He then began to approach slowly. The sudden fallen snow and drop in temperature was a blessing in disguise for him, being naturally advantaged in cold areas. Although his footsteps themselves made no noise, Msyk was on rare occasions betrayed by the local foliage of the forest around him. Getting closer, he noticed that the several group members were now scattered, clearly searching for something.

(This can’t be a coincidence.)

Msyk took as many notes as he could of the characters around him. Two of them were too far for him to see any recognisable features and went away too quickly {Sagarys and Phalonax}. But he did manage to catch a short glimpse of two werewolves, who definitely seemed to be on some sort of trail. The last two were at first together, but after a small whisper to the other’s ear, a partially robotic human being wandered off in his own direction. Msyk took note of the cyborg’s clothing and facial traits. He could have sworn that with a top hat, a monocle and either a swallow or a shark, this man could have been a Knight Who Drinks Tea! (Tea! Tea! Tea!). The final person left Msyk very perplex, as he easily recognised the Ambearsador Soupcup.

(Now this is interesting. Very revealing, and yet curious. Time to get information.)

Msyk let Soupcup walk a bit. He was now very close to his hiding spot, yet wasn’t exactly heading towards him. Deciding that everybody was far enough to talk calmly, Msyk stepped into the shadows, aiming at reappearing behind Soupcup. After the usual two seconds delay, Msyk stepped out of the shadow dimension behind his target. Crossing his arms and keeping an expressionless face, Msyk asked almost in a whisper.

“Looking for something?”

Sebastianthefrog

12-21-2011

The Frog

As sebastian screamed out in pain on the floor, he felt a shadow come over him. A big one.

"Hey, you ok there?"

"HIM screamed Jeremy "ASK HIM IF YOU CAN JOIN HIM, NOW"

The figure gave Sebastian a hand up.

"Y-yes" he stammered. "I had...ingestion"

his savior raised an eyebrow,but said nothing.

" I know this seems out of the blue, but I know you have a group of some sort, and there's a troll in it, and can i come? I'm annoying, I bite my nails, I will probaly drag you down, I moan, I cry, My sanity is questionable, I'm actually pumping out a poison via my glands that makes you more trusting, but in my defense, i make a mean risotto."

Funnily enough, the figure seemed reasonbly un affected by the poison, and said staunchly

"No, I'm sorry."

"Oh please"

"No"

"go on"

"look, i'm going to take you to the medical wing, and.."

"with a cherry on top"

"..."

"is that a yes?"

"No"

"Wonderful! I knew you would come round eventually!"

The wolf eyed the Frog man suspiciously, and finally said "well, I suppose I can have our leader look you over. Maybe you can carry my armor."

Sebastian lunged at the bear, Prompting a snarl and a raising of the claws.

Sebastian was bear-hugging the wolf.

"OH thank you mister, I wont let you down, thank you thank you!"

He attempted to plant a soppy kiss on the bears forehead, but was rewarded with a head but to the face.

"Oh my god what was that...Ok, look, you can come I guess, but just don't get in our way. Meet here soonish for the role call. Ok?"

"Ok"

The bear turned to leave.

"good job" croaked Jeremy.

------------------------------------------

(to clarify, my last post was non-canon)

Jaykoboy

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromonger View Post
On the Ninjas' Boat

Cassandra sniffed. Their names sounded quite Ionian. She finds herself a spot on the boat to park and secure her bike- she suddenly developed a deep worry at bringing her items aboard. The bike was probably more expensive than the ship itself.

"You guys aren't ninjas... are you?" She asked, with a raised brow as in fact, Dietrich was doing the actual work and Cassandra just stood at the railing.

"And... where are we going? I'm sort of new to this place. I'd like to be filled in on anything relevant... or interesting."
Haeos (And Company)
The Chroma-Ninja
On a Boat!

Haeos leaned up against the railing. The newcomer asked a couple of quick questions.

"You guys aren't ninjas...are you? And...where are we going? I'm sort of new to this place. I'd like to be filled in on anything relevant...on interesting."

Haeos's lower body had practically dissappeared, seeing as he was leaning against a large block of green on the railing. "Now, what would make you say we're ninjas? Yes, we are. I'd go into details about us, but honestly, it's a bit lengthier than the answer to your other question."

He stepped away from the railing, becoming visible again. "We are currently going to...well, let's see here..." he took out a small map from his pocket, looking around the general area. "I think we should go to Going to the Store. Wait-wha? Who names a town 'Going to the Store?' Ah well. Anyways, we're going there. Thing have been happening over on that continent. People have been dissappearing. Chaos has been brewing, as well as Troll Magic. I think that the best place to start is there. I mean, you don't start becoming a world power in a few days by going to the bottom first, right?"

BaronVonWalrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Herr Baron Von Walrus, Die Schattenfürst: Back aboard the Albion

After re-plotting their course back to the Albion, Baron resumed his shadow formations. The return trip was largely uneventful, and dominated by awkward silence. The Tiberius soared through the twilight of the northern sky, and soon enough, the group had made it back.

Baron, anxious to get back to work, rushed out into the Hangar Bay of the Albion. Hareve, exasperated with his companion’s sudden silence, refused to be left behind. He ran after Baron, but the man in the dark armor only regarded him with the faintest turn of his head.

“…Baron…” Hareve began, only to be interrupted as the ethereal blue form of Gladys appeared in front of them.

“Gladys, we are ready for Stage Two. The Traveller’s information surpassed my every expectation, and we need to move him to Solitude at once. I need to prepare the Thanatos for launch, so please find him and tell him it’s time to accelerate our plans.” Baron said, pacing back and forth.

Gladys, nodding silently, disappeared back into the ship. Baron turned back to Hareve.

“You’re still here…good. I don’t know what’s happening to me, but I need to do this. As soon as I finish getting things straightened out with the Traveller, I’ll come straight back.”

“I...alright. But just don’t forget that we need to talk when you get back.” Hareve sighed, frowning.

Baron smiled faintly, and handed him a purple hextech key.

“You can stay in my room while I’m gone. Order whatever you like if you get hungry.”

Hareve’s face lit up immediately, and he gave Herr Baron a bone-crushing hug before running off. With a slight smirk, Baron cracked his back. Satisfied that his skeletal frame was intact and no internal bleeding had occurred, he walked briskly down the corridors of the Albion...

The Thanatos was Baron’s personal Knight Frame, and featured nothing less than the most cutting-edge techmaturgy. Standing just over 5 meters tall and clad in heavy armor, it took up a great deal of the otherwise sparsely populated room. Baron, satisfied that his personal launch bay was secure, began to fill the room with darkness. Summoning forth several lengths of shadow, he slowly worked them into the framework of the Thanatos. As the shadows danced across the metal of the machine, Baron extended a small blade from his gauntlet, and grinned in a way he probably shouldn’t have. Blood began to drip onto the dark metal as he made a small cut in his right palm, and the shadows immediately embraced the crimson. The shadow constructs raced across the entire surface of the Frame, and began to dive deeper into the machinery as the reinforced Shadow Armor hardened into a sleek black carapace.

Baron’s grin widened as he tampered with the weapon systems. Revving the Epidermal Tissue Disruptor, he nearly giggled as the whirring saw teeth raced along the length of the weapon, emitting a tenebrous aura. On the opposite end, a razor-sharp blade ran along the edge of the Disruptor, and ended in a large, deadly, backward-curving spike.

On the opposite arm, the Thanatos wielded what Baron had affectionately named “Matilda” – a cyclic, mutli-barreled monstrosity capable of tremendous rates of fire. As though raining lead down on one’s enemies was not enough, Baron had modified the gun to feature an attached flamethrower, which was situated below the main barrels.

Comfortably situated in what some meatbags would call his “Happy Place”, Baron continued to tinker with his personal Knight Frame, eagerly anticipating contact from Gladys or The Traveller...

Necromonger

12-21-2011

On the Ninjas' Boat

"Riiiiight. The fact you admitted you're ninjas means you aren't. And what's with the names in this place? So peculiar. Well... I guess we'll have to see how well I fare in a fight." Cassandra threw out an opinion. She shivered a bit from the sea breeze, and decided to head inside towards the boat. Dietrich was programmed to improve the boat with whatever was available, but also had her own tools to strengthen the ship, if ever so slightly.

"Hey, can I borrow the girl for a minute? I'll need help suiting up." She asked in a polite tone. She was menacing to strangers and enemies, but showed a warmer, casual side to people who help her. She headed inside anyway, and laid out the pieces of her Dominion armor, which had a silky black cloak- that transformed into dark, feathery wings which grant magical, though limited flight- or more to Cassandra's preference, jumps. Dietrich performed maintenance routines, cleaning the armor pieces and laid them for Cassandra to wear- The grim, skull motif helmet of the black dominion armor the most foreboding piece of her wardrobe.

To the owner though, the armor was a second skin- a refuge, not just for the body but also for the mind. Shade steel was cold to the touch, but there was a definite warmth as she locks the gauntlets onto her jet-black warsuit, contouring perfectly to her body.

Jaykoboy

12-22-2011

Haeos (And Company)
The Chroma-Ninja
On a Boat

Haeos was slightly insulted by her implication that they weren't ninja, but he said nothing. It was not his place to rage against a minor infraction.

"Hey, can I borrow the girl for a minute? I'll need help suiting up," she asked politely. She then proceeded to go inside the ship. Haeos turned to Kohaku. "Kohaku, follow her and help her suit up."

Kohaku smiled, nodded, and went after Cassandra, preparing to help her with her suit. Turning back to the boat, Haeos started to pace. "Hmm...Kaizen, how should we prove ourselves as ninja to the newcomer? And also, when should we all get to know each other? It doesn't seem she knows our names, and we certainly don;t know hers."

Kaizen shrugged. "I dunno. How about--"

Haeos shook his head, still pacing. "No, that won't work. How about we just explain it to her? That'd be pretty easy."

Kaizen grumbled. "It was also what I was going to say."

Soupcup

12-22-2011

Ambearsador Soupup - Leader of the Brotherhood of the Armored Bear.

As Soupcup was thinking about the scent he had picked up, he heard footsteps crunching into the snow behind him. Soon, he felt a calming hand placed on his shoulder. Soupcup knew who it was, it was Sleiphner. Sleiphner then whispered into Soupcup's ear.

"I have an idea of what it is, and based on your expression, yes, it is what you fear. But you and I are to split from the others. We have to go now. To save them from our pasts."

Sleiphner's voice was serious, yet soothing at the same time. Soupcup was somewhat shocked at first, but then Sleiphner began to whisper sweet nothings into his ear as well. Soupcup became happier, but had gotten distracted from his surroundings. Even the chilled air started to seem like a warm breeze flowing about. Soon, though, a man appeared behind Sleiphner and Soupcup. They turned around, and Soupcup immediately recognized him as Msyk. Mysk then crossed his arms as he said,

“Looking for something?”

Soupcup was ultimately shocked to see that the scent was truly him. He wasn't totally sure, but now, he was. Sleiphner's expression, however, wasn't the same. It was more riddled with anger. He raised his hand and a heavy leather boot materialized in his hands. His eyes looking ferocious, yet still dashing, Sleiphner threw the boot hard with his mechanical arm at Msyk as he yelled,

"BACK, CRUEL KNAVE! HOW DAREST THEE INTERRUPT A ROMANCE MOST BROMANTIC!"

Soupcup's shock became greater as the boot flew through the air, but he was at a great understanding with Sleiphner. As Soupcup was disappointed as well that their romance, which was most bromantic, was interrupted by this man. It seemed as if, in Sleiphner's eyes, this could not be forgiven. The Tea of Reconstructing Romance That is Truly Bromantic After Boot-Throwing would have to be served in order to save such a moment; and this wasn't the time for tea.

AmberSoul

12-22-2011

Amber of the Ravenous Flock - Aboard the Albion

The ride back to the Albion was dull and uneventful, but it provided Amber with the solitude to remove the stress of the journey from her mind as well as write a note. After writing and sketching for nearly four hours she found herself content and sealed the letter with an envelope. The shuttle jolted slightly as it took its landing, undoubtedly within the Albion. She rose from her seat and walked the narrow halls in an attempt to confront the doctor before he made off to his lab.

Her attempts were to no avail as she was informed the doctor hastily left the hangar in search of the Traveller. However, Amber did notice Hareve's presence and found that this situation might be fruitful after all.

"Hareve, I have a letter for the doctor's eyes only. I trust that you can accomplish this." Amber handed the large man the letter and left the hangar without further comment.

Leaving the hangar with gusto she made off toward her quarters. The familiar steel corridors led her past many temptations. A drink at the cantina or perhaps even the observation deck, but no, her thoughts lie strictly on obtaining some rest.

After overcoming all temptation to stray she finally made it just outside her quarters. A wild scent loomed in the air about her hatch. It was familiar, yet alien. Taking pause she inhaled deeply taking in the scent, analyzing it.

Her pupils condensed ferally. Feline, but neither me nor Nidalee. Who the hell. Amber thought to herself. Feeling the security of the ship she felt no need to prepare herself for confrontation as any violent act against her would be suicide. She pushed in the hatch and beheld not one, but two beautiful women each currently set upon the edge of her bed.

Upon her entrance, both women stood to greet her. The first was a blonde of fair skin. A slender woman of equal height to Amber. She was garbed in similar attire as well (A fellow Ravenous Flock perhaps?). Her face was young and flawless and yet her eyes were an azure ocean deep and entrancing yet knowing and stern.

Her companion was miniscule in stature hanging somewhere between 4'10" and 5'. Her scarlet locks curled and flowed, gently caressing her shoulders before rolling behind her. An extravagent grin accented her face and to most other beings she would seem a mere child. Her presence, however despite her childish form and grin, was commanding and knowledgeable. It would be she who would break the tense silence as each woman weighed the other party.

"Greetings Amber, my colleague informs me that you have a talent our association is interested it." Her grin faded to a light smile. "Ah, but where are my manners. You may call me, Sabrina." Sabrina bowed slightly.

Amber had thoughts of doubt about most "secret" organizations, but these two were interesting. Such presences would be far beyond the years of their appearance and yet they held themselves so casually it was utterly intriguing.

"As you may not be aware, I am busy as my kingdom is at war with the Anti-Fun Agenda. Why should I stray from my duties for your group, Sabrina?"

"Ease your mind. We have no intentions of taking you from the IsC. We just wish to add you to the pride." Sabrina's smile grew at this statement as she waved for her companion to leave Amber's chamber.

"Wait." Amber interjected holding up a hand to stop them before they could move past her. "I managed to catch a peculiar scent outside my room. By chance, was it yours?"

"A keen nose you have there. I might be inclined to answer if you meet me in The Feral Scream. It's a pub in the center of the market quarter in Parrotopia." Sabrina shuffled past Amber and out the hatch.

The blonde also took her leave stopping just outside the hatch. "We could use another sister." Was her only statement before she too took her leave.

The events within her room were quite puzzling. As Amber plummeted down upon her mattress her thoughts raged harder than the storming waters of the Great Sea. Staring at her ceiling, images of the days events projected themselves in her vision. The thought of another non-ISC militant aboard the Albion brought a short laugh to Amber as she thought of the frustration that would be had by the Grand Marshal over the security of his ship.

"Alright Sabrina, The Feral Scream it is."

1234567 ... 10