Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AS or AP Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cixelsidpenguin

07-11-2010

I'm kinda of new to this game, and i immediately fell in love with teemo who is my first character buy. but after scourging the forums for good teemo guides/advice, i've yet to find much info about which is better, AS or AP Teemo. If its mainly a matter of choice, i'd like to know what roles each one fulfills on the team. It seems that AP is more burst while AS is overall dps. so i would just like some insight from both sides of the issue to help me better my teemo game

Pokemaster

Recruiter

07-11-2010

AD is the best

Carados

07-11-2010

Neither are really good.

The Promise

07-11-2010

Pick another champion.

Isopod

07-11-2010

Teemo honestly isn't that useful in team fights, which is a major part of this game. He can blind the carry, but that only lasts so long. He can place shrooms around the map for map control, but if you're not AP, the damage they do will be mediocre. As AD/AS he has a shorter range than other champions, and his slot could be filled by a more useful champion.

pannra

07-11-2010

Teemo is fun. At your level you should be able to do just fine with him. If you're really good at placing mushrooms and baiting people into a minefield go AP. If not go AD and get standard carry gear, infinity edge and last whisper. Just remember to always hit and run until you're ready for the kill and run them through the shrooms and if your teammates aren't utilizing them remind them that they are there.

BlueSquared

07-11-2010

Check my guide out here (http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/977,Blue%27s%20Exstensive%20Teemo%20Guide).

In my opinion, Teemo is a great hero to get your feet wet with. Bog standard DPS builds will work (BF Sword-based items, Crit Items, Armor Pen items, ect), but be aware that other heroes fill the primary dps slot MUCH better. Hybrid/AP builds are fun and still useful.

Don't worry about people telling you he is weak or useless. At your level, feeders and noobish mistakes determine games, not whether your tryhard comp has 2 healers, 2 tanks and a carry from the "approved list of 10 bestest heroes" or something. Yes, Teemo is weaker than others, but it doesn't really matter from your perspective. Play the heroes you want to play.

LyraOrpheo

07-11-2010

Get Nashor's Tooth and voila, you have good enough AS and AP plus CD reduction for moar shroomz.

I dont like AD builds on Teemo because I feel going just AD ignores his ult's potential as well as his damage with his poison.

You could get boots, Nashor's Tooth, Guinsoo's Rage Blade and after that whatever it is you might need.

BlueSquared

07-11-2010

Quote:
LyraOrpheo:
Get Nashor's Tooth and voila, you have good enough AS and AP plus CD reduction for moar shroomz.

I dont like AD builds on Teemo because I feel going just AD ignores his ult's potential as well as his damage with his poison.

You could get boots, Nashor's Tooth, Guinsoo's Rage Blade and after that whatever it is you might need.

I like the Gunblade and Guinsoo's, but sometimes after that I prefer a Deathfire Grasp versus the Nashor's (situational depending on how beefy the other team is, I know). I don't know if the speed from both Nashor's and Guinsoos is numerically better than Guinsoo's + something else. (It's too late for maths here).

The Bad Lamb

07-11-2010

tank teemo so your not a useless piece of ****, then from there you just blind the highest dps in team fights and do close range mushrooms.