Ryze Overrated?

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcomancer

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Ok, Ryze is good, very good potentially. Heck, I use one of my bans on him fairly often. But is he the be all end all mage? Give me a break.

Pro's

Tanky
Heavy Damage
Root

Con's

No interrupt
No haste

*I already know that a lot of people are going to argue with me on this, but those are big cons.
Go ahead and argue for the sake of arguing with me if it does something for you, but I challenge you to bring up a point that I didnt already cover myself, right here. No point in repeating it, it doesn't make you sound smart.


**Be aware guys, that if you post something that isnt popular opinion, there are players who will verbally attack you aggressively, and go through your entire thread downvoting any comment you make. Sorry for the defensive attitude above, however keep in mind that I received a number of personal attacks that you can read for yourself. Sad.

***Many people are viewing this thread but not voting. I would appreciate that you vote by upvoting or downvoting here. I should have done a pole....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
But is he the be all end all mage? Give me a break.
And who do you think is better ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilXkilla

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Ryze is probably the only champ who can:
- build to counter you without taking a dump on his own build
- one of best burst mages with a truck load of aoe dmg at ANY point of the game
- one of best bottom champs with a truck load of sustain/pushing/poking
- one of few champs who can go top after farming bot and rape you bc his build wasn't just ap and spell vamp but a truck load of tankiness+damage. Or just go top instead of going bot, he can do that too.

So, is ryze overrated? Hell no, he's hella powerful and ban worthy every single game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcomancer

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
And who do you think is better ?
Good question, but I dont have to name one thats better for Ryze to not be the "be all, end all mage", now do I?

I will name 3 that I believe to be on par. Please consider a highly skilled player for all of these, including Ryze.

Lux, Fiddlesticks, Janna (although for some reason she is not considered a mage any more?!!)

There are also several others that come very close.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilXkilla

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
Good question, but I dont have to name one thats better for Ryze to not be the "be all, end all mage", now do I?

I will name 3 that I believe to be on par. Please consider a highly skilled player for all of these, including Ryze.

Lux, Fiddlesticks, Janna (although for some reason she is not considered a mage any more?!!)

There are also several others that come very close.
Lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcomancer

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilXkilla View Post
Ryze is probably the only champ who can:
- build to counter you without taking a dump on his own build
- one of best burst mages with a truck load of aoe dmg at ANY point of the game
- one of best bottom champs with a truck load of sustain/pushing/poking
- one of few champs who can go top after farming bot and rape you bc his build wasn't just ap and spell vamp but a truck load of tankiness+damage. Or just go top instead of going bot, he can do that too.

So, is ryze overrated? Hell no, he's hella powerful and ban worthy every single game.
Good arguement, but is he the "Be all end all mage" which is what he is considered to be. You think he completely outclasses all other mages with no interrupts, and no haste? I suppose that he can use his root for an escape mechanism at least. Also, he has no true damage, and no physical damage, so uummmm, mag res.

If you actually read more than the title I didnt say he wasnt good at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcomancer

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilXkilla View Post
Lol
I was thoroughly expecting opposition. Clever response.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Ryze vamp coefficients are broken. That's the only thing wrong with him imo. He'd be a solid but hard to play champ otherwise, but for now just buy a WOTA and be godly while blindly mashing QWER.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waterd

Senior Member

12-17-2011

If you want AP and Ryze is available and you don't , I dont know what to tell you. (unless you consider Kassadin and fizz mages, if you do, it may be ok to pick them over Ryze).

Ryze even at mediocre play outclasses every ranged ap champ. He is a monstertruck and clearly top 5 in dominion (maybe even the best)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilXkilla

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
Good arguement, but is he the "Be all end all mage" which is what he is considered to be. You think he completely outclasses all other mages with no interrupts, and no haste? I suppose that he can use his root for an escape mechanism at least. Also, he has no true damage, and no physical damage, so uummmm, mag res.

If you actually read more than the title I didnt say he wasnt good at all.
I think you have a very poor understanding of simple mechanics (no offense).

Ryze is not Yorick or Rammus. He doesn't "break" dominion. He is, however, one of the strongest PICKS in Dominion right now.

You do play draft, right?

I'll make it simple for you - every champ has pros and cons, but Ryze has the least cons.


1234511 ... 14