Am I Crazy For Wanting To Try This?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helfeather View Post
And here I thought all the jerks were still playing HoN. Lol.

Warmog's has the highest Health bonus single item, so I chose that.

13790 Gold, not that bad.

CC reduction doesn't stack? Everyone says they're just diminishing returns like for dodge.
Yes, Warmog's is the highest health bonus for a single item. But given that it is also the most expensive defensive item and requires you get a large number of creep kills AFTER you have farmed it up, it is rarely as powerful as it sounds on paper.

Also nearly 14K gold is INSANELY bad. Most games end with <10K gold on the well farmed. If your game goes to 30 Minutes, you get about 3K just from time. Let's say you get 100 creep kills, that's about another 3K, probably less. That means if you want another 8K, you need upwards of 20 Kills in that period of time @ 300 gold each. Yeah, if you kill people on killing sprees or get some assists in there, you'll need a few less kills, but we're still talking a 40+ kill per side game, which is NOT realistic.

Also CC reduction stacks just like dodge, only no one ever mentions it because it only applies to Mundo. Treads + Agony doesn't give you 75% reduction, it gives you 61% reduction.

BrentClagg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-12-2010

Why does everyone hate on Warmog's?

Warmog's = 3135 gold for 770 HP and 30 hp/5 base + passive.

HP cost about 2.6g/HP for the components.
Regen is about 30g per 1hp/5sec.

So just the BASE stats gives you:
(770 * 2.6) + (30 * 30) = 2902

That's only 233g more than the components value that you're paying for the passive. Each kill with Warmog's will give you 3.6 hp and .5 regen. So each kill gets you (3.6 * 2.6) + (.5 * 30) = 24.36 gold worth of bonus. At that rate its only 10 minion kills until you're profiting from the passive.

Grab a Spirit Visage, then consider Mundo's passive and ultimate and suddenly Warmog's seems like a decent choice in my opinion.

I would recommend not going for the second Warmog's though. If you wanted to build Mundo tankish I would go with:

Mercury's Treads
Spirit Visage
Warmog's Armor
Force of Nature
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape

If you're going to get ignored in team fights you might as well add some extra aoe with your burning agony vs the Atma's and the armor and magic resist become more important after the jump in HP from the Warmog's.

wildfire393

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentClagg View Post
Why does everyone hate on Warmog's?

Warmog's = 3135 gold for 770 HP and 30 hp/5 base + passive.

HP cost about 2.6g/HP for the components.
Regen is about 30g per 1hp/5sec.

So just the BASE stats gives you:
(770 * 2.6) + (30 * 30) = 2902

That's only 233g more than the components value that you're paying for the passive. Each kill with Warmog's will give you 3.6 hp and .5 regen. So each kill gets you (3.6 * 2.6) + (.5 * 30) = 24.36 gold worth of bonus. At that rate its only 10 minion kills until you're profiting from the passive.
HP Regen is largely a useless stat. You say yourself, Regen is "Worth" 30 gold per HP/5, while HP is 2.6. That means that it takes nearly 50 seconds for regeneration to equal the amount of HP you could have bought for the same cost. Most fights end much faster than 50 seconds, meaning your HP regen is wasted. If you look at just the HP, it gives you 1130, which is indeed the largest HP amount you get on a single item, but costwise that falls short of the cost of the Warmog's, and that's AFTER you farm up 100 minion kills AFTER getting it. I'd honestly rather drop my ~3K on 3 Giant's Belts for more HP, then have them available to upgrade into items that actually do something (Soul Shroud, Sunfire Cape, Frozen Mallet, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, etc) besides provide me a fat stack of HP.

Because let's face it, if you're stacking 3K+ items, you're not going to fill all your slots in any reasonable game, and certainly not be able to stack those items after buying them.

Shamanb

07-12-2010

1 warmog is more then enough... you're problem with this build will be that you're useless. You won't be able to kill anyone with it, or even be of much use in teamfights. Ppl will just ignore you.