I need help with Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saldean

07-11-2010

On the main forums the other day, I saw a thread about an AP Poppy build that uses the Deathfire Grasp active ability (-30% hp, cd 1 min) with diplomatic immunity (+40% damage) to do some big damage.

I was happy to about this new build because Poppy was my first main and I have been wanting to go back to her. However, I have lost TEN out of my last 11 games with Poppy.

Can anyone give me advice on how to build the Deathfire AP Poppy? When I play her shes just a low-damage squishy.

Thanks.

Laffymania

07-11-2010

I find that builds that heavily rely on equipment actives generally fail.. You should stick with ad poppy cause shes pro

iLol Pro

07-11-2010

I am also interested in this too. I have two builds with Poppy, DFG + Lich Bane, or Triforce + Brutalizer, cannot decide which one is better.

Saldean

07-12-2010

Bump. Need more Poppy help. Man, threads move quick on this forum.

IS1bd14e3755983647ae0a7

07-12-2010

AP poppy is way better then AD poppy if you ask me. The burst of AP poppy is insane.
What is it more axactly that you want help with?

9/0/21 for masterys
Summoner spells: Ghost and Ignite or cleanse
Mpen marks, CDR seals, manregen or dodge seals(I prefer manareg) and Fort Quints.

What you really want for Poppy is Mpen to ge the most out of your devestating blow. My usuall items setup looks something like this.
Sorc Boots
Sheen
Haunting guise

From this point you have several diffrent options, Upgrade Sheen to triforce, DFG or Rylai. I personly havnt tryed Reginalds DFG that much but all of em are good options. If you decide to go Rylai you probably want to upgrade sheen to Lichbane later on.

Poppys ulti works insanly well with DFG and ignite, even better then i first thought it would.
Ulti -> DFG -> Charge -> DevestatingBlow -> Ignite kills allmost anyone from 100%HP to 0%.

VoiceofTreason

07-12-2010

Poppy with 200 ap and ulti does 51.8% with dfg before MR of ANYONE'S health. If you are going for the dps (which is your job) they wont be stacking MR. This is an amazing item on a 1 min cd (utlimate more ofc). As the tank engages you diplo on the biggest dps threat and at the very least get them running with some lich bane procs, dfg shot and dev blow. About this time I try to charge anyone I can out of position if I have it still.

Carados

07-12-2010

Poppy's job has never been "DPS," even when built with Attack Damage items.