How does one play Taric.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackr1ver

07-12-2010

I personally really, really enjoy Starting with Miki's Pendant, Mana and Health pot. Depending on the champs the opponent has, I choose heal or stun. If I pick one, I get the other second, and at 3 I get shatter. My runes are CD and Atkspd - I really like his passive, it enables me to lane forever. The last few games i've played with him, I didnt have to go back till level 6-8.

Chalice Of harmony
Merc treads
nastors tooth (Max Cd redux, atk spd for passive, AP for heals + dmg)
Randuin's Omen or Force Of Nature come next. I really enjoy using taric in team fights to stun runners, and active the Omen to really disrupt. Force of nature is great for casters or if you really need the extra HP regen, the move speed is also great.

Usually that is all I am able tog et before the match is over. I play support and toppling the towers. I've found him to be a very underrated champ, and fun as hell to play.

Nethervoid

07-12-2010

Red Crystal
Heart of Gold+ lvl 1 boots
Aegis
Merc treads
Soul Shroud
Randuins
(Games never last this long)

Nethervoid

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackr1ver View Post
I personally really, really enjoy Starting with Miki's Pendant, Mana and Health pot. Depending on the champs the opponent has, I choose heal or stun. If I pick one, I get the other second, and at 3 I get shatter. My runes are CD and Atkspd - I really like his passive, it enables me to lane forever. The last few games i've played with him, I didnt have to go back till level 6-8.

Chalice Of harmony
Merc treads
nastors tooth (Max Cd redux, atk spd for passive, AP for heals + dmg)
Randuin's Omen or Force Of Nature come next. I really enjoy using taric in team fights to stun runners, and active the Omen to really disrupt. Force of nature is great for casters or if you really need the extra HP regen, the move speed is also great.

Usually that is all I am able tog et before the match is over. I play support and toppling the towers. I've found him to be a very underrated champ, and fun as hell to play.

I don't see the points of Nashor's in this build. Aegis or shroud are much better options.

Nethervoid

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFallen OneXx View Post
I personally ignore tarics ult untill level 16 , I'd personally rather just have a stronger nuke / stun / heal.

and i'm always managing a positive K/d ratio, and carrying somehow with taric. Then again might just have a nak for taric.

This is horrible advice, he has one of the best ults in the game.

Nethervoid

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
This is incorrect.

Stun based on distance = he gets into melee range.

Attack damage buff + armor pen AoE = good damage, synergizes with attack speed.

Heal that gets reduced a flat amount per hit = synergizes with attack speed.

He's not as synergistic as like Yi, but he can do the job, given the circumstances.

This is wrong, he's worse than every other dps champ late game. Building him dps is pointless when he's a dominant support champ.

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethervoid View Post
I don't see the points of Nashor's in this build. Aegis or shroud are much better options.
I think the purpose of this is to allow Taric to be a more effective healbot. Cooldown reduction PLUS increased attack speed=lots of cooldown reduction on his heal. I'd have to disagree with this in particular as Taric's heal doesn't sustain a team--it augments it. Basically, Taric can do a lot of things, but by pursuing his moderate heal to this extent, well...if you need to use it that much to save someone, things are probably not good already. And it'd be much more effective to just aura them up and make it so they don't take that damage in the first place. His heal's useful. It's just not so useful that you build so exclusively around it.

With his stuns, armor reduction, and healing abilities, Taric REALLY REALLY REALLY benefits from a strong, well-coordinated lanemate. I usually play him alongside one of my housemates, and we can absolutely tear stuff up.

In this scenario, your Taric build can be a little more liberal. You're going to be getting a ridiculous amount of kills or assists, so consider your budget to be a bit higher. In these sorts of scenarios, I find a Catalyst to be absolutely mandatory (constant gankage of enemies, stay in lanes forever) while prioritizing shatter (does very nice damage) and stun. Heal if you need it to stay in lane. With decent coordination, it doesn't really matter how long you stun for--more that the enemy can't move or react for that split second, allowing your ally to whup wholesale ass. A catalyst naturally expands into a Rod of Ages, but keep it around for a while, since its ability is really really useful. Next, I make sure I have my boots (often movement 3 for chasing, circumstantial depending on opposing team) and usually toss on an Aegis. Mana should start becoming a problem the minute you ditch your Catalyst or become too high level to go up quickly, so here's a real divergence point. I often start building towards an Archangel's, just because I'm constantly spamming abilities and the extra AP is very nice. I ONLY do this when I'm one of the team carries and have been constantly feeding all game. In these scenarios (facilitated by a solid lane), it's important to always have my abilities available. So of course, next is a Glacial Shroud.

When I play solo-queue, I always wish I could go for this build. But frankly, I'm often matched up with lanemates that can't coordinate, don't know how to XP block, and expect me to be some bizarre healbot who can save them when they 1v4. So while solo-queuing, I'd strongly recommend going a more pure build, either straight-up Aura-Taric or much more tanky with a bit of AP. I've experimented a bit with blitzing Randuin's Omen, using the funds from the Heart of Gold to do some nasty things even without lots of early-game ganks. It's worked alright, but you get a lot of funny looks before you assemble the final product. So yes, solo-queue I'm starting to favor Heart of Gold-->Chalice/Boots-->Finish Randuin's-->Aegis.

Or something like that. Taric has the fortune to be REALLY flexible and the disadvantage of being REALLY circumstantial. And no matter what you do, some other people will be convinced you're building him wrong. Choosing which way to go takes a lot of judgement based on your team, your lanemate's disposition, and the other team. Just one thing to remember. Make sure to give your lane what it NEEDS, not what your lanemate wants. If you've got a suicidal lanemate, invest in stuff that allows you to fight and hold the lane solo, not spam heals in a futile lost cause. If you've got a good one, be more offensive. And if the enemy is all predisposed towards a particular style, well...build against it.

penatbater

07-12-2010

I disagree to the non-dps thing. at lvl 16, taric adds a full 90 dmg + heal to him. This is too good to pass up. While other heroes usually have to have 2-3 dmg items (items involving a BF sword), with only a black cleaver, my dmg could go up to 290 in an instant. I usually build nashor's tooth for the mana regen, reduced cd (25% is big), and atk speed. Taric plays excessively well against high-armor heroes. If I know heroes will reach up to 150+ armor, I'll go for nashor's and just get black cleaver. for higher armor heroes, i go for stark's fervor.

Usually when I hit 1.24 atk speed, I farm for black cleaver. But in some cases, I go for the extra mile and get 1.4 atk speed (either stark's, or last whisper), and somehow the outcome was pretty nice. I've yet to replicate this tho.

imo he's best build as an anti-armor dps type, particularly effective vs the anubis char, the spartan, gavin, etc. I had one game where the enemy gavin is owning the team with an armor-dmg build. As soon as I got my black cleaver, with ult my hits started hitting him hard.

For added bonus, get last whisper He's no yi or katarina or akali or sivir. but he can be a good dps hero once he got his dmg/atk speed items. Before I used to get vamp on him, but found it too useless in that the best vamp-type doesn't sync well with him. (takes too long to get the 40 minion kills).

I'm not dissing the tank-support taric though, just trying to shed light on dps-type taric. I'll try a support taric once in a while tho nice suggestions

0Wolfheart0

07-12-2010

I'm not a pro Taric but I bought him two month or so ago because my teammates needed a strong support viable for TT and I found that his skillset is awesome.

I usually start with stun for first bloods, or heal if we're going to focus on the laning phase. I had an enemy Taric building pure AP that costantly teased me saying how bad I was with Taric and so on. He got near him, used his stun for a good chunk of damage and then sat there being useless. I've always maxed stun last, since the only thing increased is its damage which is still minimal if you don't cast it when you're near your enemy. The point is, even if you want to be aggressive, isn't the crystal armor-thing a better choice not only for damage but for his buff/debuff? Isn't maxing stun first almost always a bad idea?

kybarsfang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

How does one play Taric?

Fabulously.

THE HAMBEAST

07-12-2010

Gems are truly outrageous

i played against a taric who just SPAMMED THE LIVING HELL out of his /joke
so fking annoying i almost dc'ed lol

so spam your joke alot, it works