Leona..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXCFXx Avenger

12-19-2011

A. she seems really cool, love her skills
B. is she viable in ranked?
C. how do u build her, is frozen mallet, atmogs good?
D. where do u go, solo top, or support bot?

thanks

Batovs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

A. I think all the heroes are feasible in ranked, inclusive leona.
D. Leona is a good solo top

icandividebyzero

12-19-2011

viability is situational, as is itemization and role. regardless, there are optimized roles for leona and it includes support bot going gp5 and transitioning into tanky supportive build.

xXCFXx Avenger

12-19-2011

ok, but does the frozen mallet build work?

xXCFXx Avenger

12-19-2011

bump for more info

Pyrite Illusion

12-19-2011

I used to build frozen mallet + atmogs but then I found that lots of hp doesn't really help you in the long run.
I find that agis of legion and philo stone to be good things to aim for at the start. Then a Triforce is good. If you need to be pure tank then build frozen mallet instead of Tirfoce.

Skjuludde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

I've always fancied the tri force of tankyness, Warmogs, Force of Nature and Thornmail, but that's mostly out of habit. They are all rather expensive though

ReaverofDoom

12-20-2011

A:Yes
B:Yes
C:Personally I build her as a tanky support, philo and hog into abyssal, randuins, shurielias, frozen heart, etc.
D: ALWAYS support bot, her passive is a massive damage boost to the carry in lane (since you cannot proc your passive), and there are very few lanes that can go against the amount of cc she has. If you throw in a carry with cc (ie vayne) people die before they can really react to your initiate. If your carry may have trouble staying in lane you can always take heal, which is fairly good since the recent buff.

A note on my build: I do not build any pure damage items on Leona simply because her passive generates an absurd amount of dps when your team procs it. Therefore I favor utility and survivability.

MauJustice

12-20-2011

She doesn't have the DPS to be wasting money on Atmogs/Malle. Your damage comes from your passive, your shield (W), and supporting your teammates.

She's better for support bot. She can help your AD play extremely aggressive and get kills early. She CAN solo top, but she's not going to be racking up a bunch of kills. It will be a farm fest.

jellocup

12-20-2011

HOG, PHIL STONE, BOOTS. Hard to go wrong from here.