[Guide] ULTIMATE Fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMM So Moist

07-11-2010

Hello, welcome to the ultimate fiddle guide. Here you will learn how to make use of the champion with undoubtably the best ultimate in the game!

Masteries: 9/0/21
Runes:

Marks: M.Pen
Seals: HP/Level
Glyphs: CDR
Quints: 3x CDR

Masteries: 9/0/21
Improved ghost, Improved flash, Utility mastery, Meditation, Quickness

Why so much cool down reduction you ask? Simply, your cool downs are mad long. And everyone knows, a fiddle after blowing all his cooldowns is useless. The 0.5 seconds before you can fear, silence drain a target IS a matter of life and death and is of vital importance. The 10 seconds before getting a crowstorm during a huge team fight after you used it in the last one decides the game.

Method:

Fiddlesticks in his former glory used to be an amazing farmer due to his higher AP ratio and increased dark wind bounces, now however. He is pretty lameo at farming and is a terrible mid.

In a lane, he can be pretty useful as a fear - drain build for getting kills. But that just messes up your build too much- as dark wind is 40% of your damage in a properly executed combo. At the very least, you should plan on doing golem at level 1. Just because you can!

So fiddle sucks at farming, since his auto attack is garbage and his spells cost way too much mana to deal with what do you do?

JUNGLE ofcourse!

My exact jungle routine I am going to keep a secret, for the purpose of protecting my work but you can work out your own just as effectivly.

NEVER as a rule of thumb take smite on fiddlesticks- As ghost is too valuable to give up.

This is also because without smite you can easily jungle faster than udyr with smite, at around the same pace as an average (not a skilled) warwick with smite.

Without even using smite, you can also get dragon before any of them can even consider doing dragon.

You are welcome to lane or mid or whatever you want with fiddlesticks, but as a prior warning know that it is inefficent to lane or mid as fiddle, since people can easily call MIA on you and you will be forced to conserve valuable mana.

HOW TO BLAST EVERYONE WITH YOUR ULT

Getting off a perfect fiddle ult takes practice, practice is hard to comeby. Since the cooldown on your ult is so high. So here are tips to get you started

STARTING AN ULT:

Always start an ult when your teammates are ready to bait or dive on them as you are ulting,

Never start an ult where you are visable. If you are having to ult from a place where the enemy can see you, you did not prepare properly. The only exception is if you're in a desperate situation and you have no time to prepare. But with the insane amounts of brushes in this game its no excuse to throw out a bad ult.

You are NOT an intiator. If you intiate, you WILL get bursted down into oblivion and you will NOT get any kills. Wait until the enemy carries and tanks are engaging someone before ulting.

PLACING YOUR ULT:

Ulting with fiddle is serious business. With flash and ghost, your range ult range is godlike. And you should always save your flash to allow you to cover a greater range. It is standard for carries + mages to hide behind the main tank line, so your job is to flash past the tank (as the tank is engaging your teammates) and aim directly for their squishies., carries whatever.

If everyone is all muddled up together with you, even better. So long as your teammates are being engaged and you have time to throw your combo.

tl;dr version: AIM FOR BACK LINE TO PUT A PINCER ON THEIR FORMATION! YOU ARE THE HAMMER, YOUR TEAM IS THE ANVIL

PROPER ULT SKILLING ORDER:

Here are some important tips, AS SOON AS you are within range you should be ready to instant fear the biggest threat. This person will usually be a stunner or an insane DPS carry. Usually the DPS carry isnt a problem as they should be engaging someone else, but use your judgement and pay attention to the skills that have already been used to decide who to fear.

Your fear should be used straight away to stop anything that could interrupt your ult by slowing you down, silencing you, stunning you or pushing you back.

After fearing the immediate threat, throw a dark wind at a cluster of their squishes characters, or any squishy near a tank to ensure bounces. Crowstorm should clear out any minions in the way to let you do this

The most important thing about using your ult is you should be running around like a maniac as much as possible using your ghost, making them misclick their abilites as much as you can. Never run in a predictable pattern as long as you keep them within your crowstorm range, you can zig zag wave all you want.

Now that you have done this and your ult has 2 seconds left, begin running away or chasing down the enemy champions depending on how well the ult went. Usually, you should be running back behind your tank (with ghost still up) to wait for your cool downs to refresh, before getting back in the fight Or chasing people down with ghost to fear and drain to help get the kill.

Leirkov

07-11-2010

I dunno what's so hard about posting how you jungle. It's pretty standard to go:

Amplifying Tome + HP Pot
-> Blue buff, auto attack 2-3 times, drain, after drain is finished, pop the potion, keep draining, get buff, finish off guys. Go drain around until 4, solo dragon, at level 6 go gank with your ultimate.

HawksGoCAW

07-12-2010

You don't really need to pop potion while going for golem. I usually end up with a little over half health when I do it potionless.

Maggeus

07-12-2010

Go for early dragon only if at least bot is winning their lane. If not and you're fighting not half-assed guys, you're in for a quick death or an early use of flash and a waste of time.

And when you're ultying... In the proper order of importance for a team fight :

_ Go for Soraka. ALWAYS GO FOR HER, do not let her ult. Fear silence while crowstorming her, and hope your team can finish her / stun lock her.
_ Go for the glass cannon.
_ Go for an optimum damage : stay on at least 2 heroes if you can.
_ Else.

n3Kro

07-12-2010

I am jungling all my games with fiddle without smite and I want to see how are You jungling faster then ww to make full jungle this is blue golem creeps creeps lizard creeps blue goolem (from other team) creeps (other team) dragon, fiddle needs 7-8 min. WW can do this in 5-6 min so I want to see how You make it faster. Allso If You are making Guide then add item build and not telling how You jungle is ...

Minrog

07-12-2010

A Warwick who is not being ganked or fighting enemy champions can get the dragon shortly after the 5 minute mark. If he is willing to use Smite and a Fort pot it can be ~30 seconds sooner than that. I'd like to see a Fiddlesticks video that is as fast (not sarcasm, the topic interests me).

Edit: Warwick can kill the dragon at level 4 with blue/red buffs and a Madred's Razor. Killing the dragon gets him to 5 and then gank/enemy golem ect.

n3Kro

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minrog View Post
Warwick can kill the dragon at level 4 with blue/red buffs and a Madred's Razor. Killing the dragon gets him to 5 and then gank/enemy golem ect.
fiddle can also kill dragon at lvl 4 but there is no way to do it so fast like ww drain makes to low dmg

Bitterslol

07-12-2010

Think you could add some more to complete your "ultimate" fiddlesticks guide?

What do you like using for spell and item build orders? There are only so many jungling routes to take, if you're making a guide it wouldn't be that big of a deal to throw that in?

Do you go over the CDR cap by taking the quints (assuming you will go for golem buff whenever its available)?

Skwid1g

07-12-2010

If you're not sharing item build, jungle route, skill order, etc. it's not much of a guide to be honest.