How to get other players to go bot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

basod

12-20-2011

I love bot!

quasistellar

12-20-2011

what's "dominion"?

Stun Bot

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukaii View Post
there are better champions for bot though, and there are champions who are just awful for top lane. i personally can not stand seeing lux go top unless there is absolutely no other option, she isn't THAT useful in my opinion, she has a snare and a slow on pretty hefty cool downs compared to somebody who can not only do more damage when it matters, but be more durable while doing it.

kassadin is another example, he isn't strong enough to go top in my opinion, once he gets some items and has his ult, i wouldn't mind taking bot from him while playing xin, but for that level 3 fight i can not think of a reason to send him top. especially when there is something that could give xin trouble down bot, like a teemo, where a kassadin could easily take out a teemo. i could bring up examples all day, but i am just trying to point out when you see the enemy team, and you KNOW who is going bot, and who you should be sending bot to counter them, yet that person doesn't want to do it, because bot is boring. i should of clarified.
By level 5 kass will of lost his turret at bottom to almost anybody. I'd rather an xin go bot for first fight.. besides, I win fights top all the time with kass, his silence is more helpful then you think, and his force pulse hits and slows every 1... Yea I know you are just using him as an example and this isnt the point of the thread, but DONT TALK **** ABOUT KASSADIN.

nukular power

12-20-2011

I just pretend to be afk until right before the game starts.

Temporality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-20-2011

If no one in lobby has promote or calls bottom, just ask if someone wants to take it. If not, do it yourself. If you don't feel like doing it then simply dodge and go take a breather for 5 mins (or find a friend to duo with who will take bottom ).

XaoGarrent

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukaii View Post
well i'm sorry kassadin, i am xin zhao and i think i would be better at top than you would at level 3.
Yeah, I was prepared to upvote you until this little bit of derp.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

You don't HAVE to play bottom the entire game....it isn't a prison sentence. I play for a while, then eventually head top if needed after telling my team what Im doing.

This is especially true if my team can't hold top very well, or I keep getting 1v2+ on bottom.

atlas304

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daerkannon View Post
A tactic I try to use is to compliment their choice of champion against their most likely bottom opponent. I had one game yesterday where everyone wanted to go top and I said, "Graves is our strongest person bottom against Yorick" and he not only volunteered to do it after that, but won the lane.
i do this sometimes and the graves is like no, im not going. then the mundo speaks up and says he'll go bottom and im like ehhh.....good luck ;/

Zeebonken

12-21-2011

bot lane is my favorite place on domion tbh. I like the fact that youre most of the time alone with one enemy and its your job to outskill him.

lbgsloan

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
You don't HAVE to play bottom the entire game....it isn't a prison sentence. I play for a while, then eventually head top if needed after telling my team what Im doing.

This is especially true if my team can't hold top very well, or I keep getting 1v2+ on bottom.
Actually, yes you do. If I'm doing poorly bottom and decide it's better to go top after respawning, the person covering often time will abandon the lane as though to say, "Nope, not doing it, back you go."

Also, often time I cover bottom for someone they will pull the same leaving me to choose between losing the game or being senteced to bottom when I definitely did not want to. Leads to awesome situations like me playing Pantheon or Gangplank bottom against a Singed because nobody else wants to deal with it. Yeah, this is going to work out...

Playing bottom once in a while is fine, but it is not fun to do it all the time. Yet you have to because 2/3 of the time nobody will go bottom or take anyone that can handle bottom. The solution is to play with friends and turn bottom into 2v2. More fun for everybody, and the 4 top 1 bot metasheep can go rage in the corner.