How to get other players to go bot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrubsicle

12-20-2011

I play bot 80% of the time because whoever lanes bot has the bulk of the responsibility placed on that person. You're all alone, with only your bag of tricks to keep you alive. Sure, there will be the occasional gank or two, but for the most part, it's between you and the other guy. And when you beat that guy by yourself, with no interference, you can say "I am better than that player". You can't do that anywhere else on the Dominion map, really. There is usually always a teammate of some sort only a few seconds away.

And when you finally capture that bottom tower, all the glory is for you. You are the team superhero, and no one else on your team could have done a better job at it than you can. You can stand on that tower, laughing to yourself as the enemy team yells at their bottom lane. You are Alexander the Great of Dominion, having conquered more territory than any of your teammates. You stand solid, triumphant. The Emperor of Bottom Lane.

hollywoodAnimal

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
^ this.

depending on my mood, i open with one of the two options when i get into champ select:

{ i want to go bot }
ban kassadin please.
does anyone mind if i take bot?
or did someone want it?

{ i want to go top }
ban kassadin please.
who's taking bot?
(pause)
if no one wants it, let me know and i can pick a champion for it.

i don't always get what i prefer (i've had people want to do what i wanted in both cases), but i seem to often enough.

You should really exercise the principle of top factoring

ban kassadin please.

{ i want to go bot }
does anyone mind if i take bot?
or did someone want it?

{ i want to go top }
who's taking bot?
(pause)
if no one wants it, let me know and i can pick a champion for it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

If you tell me I need to go bot in Champ select, I am happy to, I just need to setup differently

GrignardTS

12-20-2011

I don't think people realize the level of competitive bottoms.

I just carried a game as karthas bottom verses akali.

They had to send 3 bot by late game.

The game ended with me getting a triple kill.

If you know how to build and play several bottoms well, you can dominate entire matches with the right bottom champions.

FDru

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitcurtsed View Post

If you know how to build and play several bottoms well, you can dominate entire matches with the right bottom champions.
"I just dominated bot lane as one of the strongest bot laners vs one of the worst."

OK

GrignardTS

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
"I just dominated bot lane as one of the strongest bot laners vs one of the worst."

OK
An ap mage verses an ap asn that is widely considered op?

And I had the favor?

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
ap asn that is widely considered op?
Kassadin? I think you wrote Akali.

Cauldrath

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elzan View Post
I like going bot with characters that have reliable escapes, since I'll cap my point, then run into the jungle, watch to see if their bot is pushing minions, then go for their tower. More often than not, they'll give up on the push and turn around to save their tower (which I usually neutralize at least), or they'll be brave and try to take my tower. At which point, usually, someone from my team shows up to ruin their day. Free bottom lane!
I had someone try to do this to me once. I just popped Promote, let it do its thing, and hit them with Noxious Blast every time they tried to cap my tower. Free bottom lane.

Also, if you really, really don't want bottom lane, you can go bottom to start (after everyone ignores you asking them to bot and runs straight top) then, as soon as you get ganked, go top when your teammates show up to retake it. I've done this once - I'm not proud of it, but it was quite effective. We also won that game after a start where top wiped before the second minion wave died, so... forcing the team to make a good decision by being a jerk?

I also don't get people talking about how its easier to carry the game from bottom lane. I've had many games where I've completely wrecked bottom lane, forced a near-constant 1v2, and it just slowly becomes a 1v3 or I get outfarmed from being forced to tower hug while top just keeps failing harder and harder. If I'm top and seeing bottom struggle, a couple quick ganks is all it takes to let them farm up an advantage and win or at least hold their lane. Also, once people catch on and just backcap the opposing bot when they lose their own, we'll see less situations where a good defender gets insanely fed and impossible to dislodge from a point while holding off the enemy team 1v2-3.

Altorr

12-20-2011

how to make more people go bottom
step 1: every time you capture a bottom point you gain 50 IP
step 2: every time you lose your bottom point you lose up to a max of 75 IP (of the IP youve gained so far in this match)
step 3: when you own both bottom points in between the two bushes a teleport pad opens up that allows players on your team to channel for a moment then teleport from the top and bottom of the map. allowing you to quickly support top/bot.
step 4: make minions on bot give 200% more gold

there I think that should sufficiently break everything to do with the game

Moonpuncher

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitcurtsed View Post

haha you said "competitive bottoms" and "play several bottoms well".