How to get other players to go bot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Bot sucks so much it's unbelievable. You won't get people to do it willingly, except for the rare player who actually enjoys it. Most are just content to do it because you lose horribly guaranteed if you don't have a good bot.
I found a loophole actually. You ban the champs that are godly at bot so anyone can stalemate it. Urgot/Yorick mainly.

ColdFireBeast

12-19-2011

I'm sorry Xin'Zhao. I'm Kassadin, can AoE a larger area for more damage and a larger slow than you, CC better than you (windmill is decided by spells, specifically physical casters), and actually out auto-attack you with my W and passive at the start. Deal with it.

PhilosopherK

12-19-2011

I play dominion for the non stop action. Bot is simply BORING. What a crappy way to start out a dominion game then having a boring farm fest for the first few minutes.

FDA

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukaii View Post
well i'm sorry kassadin, i am xin zhao and i think i would be better at top than you would at level 3. nobody ever wants to take bot, there is no reason to take a solo lane for dominion. other than farm, but nobody wants that because you get spoon fed your items anyways on dominion. i myself am perfectly fine with going bot in pug games because i know most of the time i won't lose the lane, but when i see a character on the char select screen that would be better bottom, i'd assume they'd take it.
I really hope you're not suggesting that kassadin is a better bot than xin to start the game. No escape and no way to quickly clear minion waves guarantees he will lose the lane immediately to anyone that can actually farm and push.

PrometheanRage

12-19-2011

I have said it before and I will say it again - bot is my favorite place in the game. Push hard and make them come gank you, then the sparks will fly.

That being said, it is nice when, if I am losing badly, someone else is willing to come down for a while.

Sir Headless VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

I have the opposite problem, I play a lot of hiemer and I am always stuck with bottom. Sometimes I just want to go top, hiemer is AMAZING on top. If done correctly you can almost guarantee your team the windmill in the first fight. If i am not feeling bottom I generally try and make it known in champ select but no one ever listens and then they ***** that I don't want to go bot.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-19-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragon View Post
I ask in champ select, "Anyone want bot?"

Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and someone will volunteer. If not, well, it's an important job and I don't mind doing it.
^ this.

depending on my mood, i open with one of the two options when i get into champ select:

{ i want to go bot }
ban kassadin please.
does anyone mind if i take bot?
or did someone want it?

{ i want to go top }
ban kassadin please.
who's taking bot?
(pause)
if no one wants it, let me know and i can pick a champion for it.

i don't always get what i prefer (i've had people want to do what i wanted in both cases), but i seem to often enough.

Shaxtenn

12-19-2011

If you're a capable bot laner you won't die much. If they're a capable bot laner you won't get many kills. This = a final KDA and personal score about a quarter as high as the rest of your team.

If you're building to counter your lane partner, you probably won't have the items to rotate top and deal with a bunch of assassins/tanky derps, unless you're some kind of aberration who scales offensively with scale with Frozen Heart and Odyn's Veil hurr durr soapbox. If you do rotate top, this assumes whoever else on your team can deal with bot lane.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

lol, ban kassadin please.

One game he wasn't banned in the DD tourney, man did he dominate

Elzan

12-20-2011

I like going bot with characters that have reliable escapes, since I'll cap my point, then run into the jungle, watch to see if their bot is pushing minions, then go for their tower. More often than not, they'll give up on the push and turn around to save their tower (which I usually neutralize at least), or they'll be brave and try to take my tower. At which point, usually, someone from my team shows up to ruin their day. Free bottom lane!