Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Movement Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raikou

07-11-2010

Are they any good for general purpose as opposed to health runes? +90-ish health is nice for the early game but it's not much later on. Movement speed seems more useful throughout the game. I usually play pretty defensive so I don't worry too much about dying early on.

Praetor Kamahl

07-11-2010

Movement Speed Quints + Movement Mastery is about 20 more MS off the bat, and 30 MS later on with boots. It's very useful on melee characters who need to close the distance, and it also aids in escaping early on without relying on flash. I advise using it, especially on tanks like Singed. Other tanks might benefit more from the early health at level 1, but I almost always would go with the higher MS. Higher MS leads to more kills. Kills lead to gold, and gold leads to an advantage you'll hold all game.

Basist

07-11-2010

Like Praetor said, they're great for melee champs who need that extra movement. It's only beneficial when you throw them on champs who already get movement bonuses with abilities (Singed, Garen, etc) since it makes them catch up to who you want to kill even quicker.

It's very fun to get move quints on my Garen and grab boots in beginning; no one can harass me since it only takes me 1 second to run past minions and take out 1/3 of their hp in a couple seconds.

BlindEternities

07-11-2010

i use them for my ezreal over hp runes cause i find positioning really important for those skill shots. (plus it's always fun to have a constant 500 movement speed after i get boots 3 with trinity force and fully charges occult)
eve would probably want to use them too. i once saw a eve with ~400 movement speed at level 1 and she was just shooting across the map ganking everybody.

Matuk

07-11-2010

I find that being able to move so fast that they can't catch you and finish the kill is more essential than running the same speed as them and needing another 90 damage to be killed.

BlindEternities

07-11-2010

Quote:
I find that being able to move so fast that they can't catch you and finish the kill is more essential than running the same speed as them and needing another 90 damage to be killed.

^agreed, also works the other way around when you're chasing them. i find movement speed to be the god stat, there's a reason why the diminishing returns scales back 90% if you move ~70 faster than average.

Matuk

07-11-2010

Quote:
BlindEternities:
^agreed, also works the other way around when you're chasing them. i find movement speed to be the god stat, there's a reason why the diminishing returns scales back 90% if you move ~70 faster than average.

I use my movement speed runes to kite Sion, since their plan is usually to charge you with the shield and stick close to you. I love to waste their shield and then turn around to deal damage when the absorb is down.

Totes Bro

07-12-2010

theres this rune called.. a FACKING NAB RUNE U FACKING FEEDER

Raikou

07-12-2010

For characters that usually take dodge runes would dodge quints also be a good idea instead of health?

Squawl

07-12-2010

tanks might consider using dodge runes..i could see it being done...i think they should add more items (defensive) that have dodge since that is primarily (other than jax) what they are used for.