Frustrated about Ranked Queuing Systems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CptSmackThat

12-18-2011

So here's the deal, I've been kinda ticked about losing 10 rating for dodging a game, but I never thought it was a big enough issue to talk about. Then tonight, I'm in character select and getting ready to do bans and such and then POW my power goes out for a good hour. Because I was already in champion select I get random picked as gragas and get a leave on my record while also losing 20 rating. So here's what NEEDS to be done in my opinion.

1) If you dodge a game, you don't lose rating. I can understand waiting 5 minutes and blah blah, not a big deal. But honestly, if I get matched up with Mister "INSTALOCKMID OR I TROLLOLOLOL" guy, then I don't want to lose 10 rating for dodging or lose more than that by staying in the game. That's just forcing someone between a rock and a hard place.

2) If a person in ranked DOES NOT pick a champion than they should be AUTODODGE and should NOT lose rating either. Here's a situation. Say a man comes home from a hard day's work to his wife and kids. All the sudden he has to go Super Dad mode and save the day, which could take 5 minutes. He comes back as Revive TP karthus with AD Masteries and Runes set up. Honestly now, does that man deserve that kind of bull? No, no he doesn't.

Those are my only two ideas I have to contribute right now, but if anyone else has any then please post and I'll edit this post or something. I honestly think that these mechanics are complete ****, in the most humble way possible. I feel that the changes I have stated would be extremely effective in keeping people from losing rating for idiotic reasons. It would also help A LOT of people who are stuck in elo hell. My buddy from school has to dodge half the games he gets thrown into because of lowlife's with troll accounts to make them feel better while they eat a gallon of ice cream.

Also, just to preemptively throw out a counter-argument to anyone who says, "You shouldn't play ranked if you don't have a stable connection" for issue #1 and for anyone who says, "People like family guy shouldn't play ranked if they can't commit a period of time". Please, just stop typing while you're ahead of yourself and be empathetic for a moment about these issues. Just ask yourself, "How would I feel if I was in that situation?"

Frrancis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

1. You have a 100% chance to lose ELO when you dodge, you do not have a 100% chance to lose if you actually play the game, even if someone is troll pick eve or w/e.

2. Makes no sense what so ever. So instead of dodging normally, you'd just not pick a champ and it would dodge and you take no penalty-- extremely flawed.

mdigibou

12-18-2011

edit* removed -_-