DPS calculation thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WinterAyars

10-06-2009

This is a thread for everything DPS! DPS formulas! DPS theory! DPS "best practices"! Hypothetical maximum DPS on any champion! You name it. As long as it has "DPS" somewhere in the name.

I'll start it off by giving you a (very basic) damage calculator i did for my own use. It should be correct, but i don't make any promises that it is useful.

Rudeboymike

10-06-2009

You know, ive been lookin forward to someone making something like this. I know it might be minimal, but im a min/maxer kinda person. Id love to know more on how to gear/spec/rune to maximize your potential. For example:

How much armor pen do you need before it starts to become less valued than damage (with/out masteries)

What sustains higher dps/lifesteal/etc stacking haste, crit dmg, crit.

How much magic pen is needed before it starts to become less values than ability power (masteries, items, Fiddlesticks included)

Rudeboymike

10-06-2009

btw.. thereis nothing in teh zip file

WinterAyars

10-06-2009

Ahem. Try this one.

Bloodba7h

10-06-2009

It's a .ods

A little google search led me to believe it's in Open Office format. May want to let people know in the OP that you need a specific program to open it.

Open Office looks good. My home computer needs some sort of office program so this'll be great anyways.

WinterAyars

10-06-2009

I guess i could export it to excel if people want.

Dartkun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2009

Upload to google docs if you don't have Open Office.

It's looking good so far, is it only magic dps atm?

WinterAyars

10-07-2009

Physical dps operates the same way, but you will have to change some variables. (For instance, instead of archaic knowledge reducing 15% you will need last whisper doing 40%.)

I am working on a solid DPS calculator for my Tryndamere guide. It should be pretty comprehensive, including attack speed, crits, and armor.

toomad

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterAyars View Post
Physical dps operates the same way, but you will have to change some variables. (For instance, instead of archaic knowledge reducing 15% you will need last whisper doing 40%.)

I am working on a solid DPS calculator for my Tryndamere guide. It should be pretty comprehensive, including attack speed, crits, and armor.
I am working on a similar one. I will release it here soon (when it's done) Top man working on it.

WinterAyars

10-09-2009

Here you go!

Note: it's set up for Tryndamere right now. That can be changed, though.

Enjoy!