Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImBahBz

07-11-2010

It absolutely does, but you're team should be calling MIA's and you should be being careful if you think they are going to gank you.

Her "W" lets you check bushes from range, sooo.... where would they come to gank you, unless your team wasn't communicating. And since her passive is what it is, YOU should be the one in the bushes ganking.

I'm not saying I never get ganked. But I know that I don't ever get ganked before I have Cougar, and after I do get it, it's much more difficult for them anyway since using "W" gets you out of range pretty easily.

BlindEternities

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

Quote:
Ganking doesn't exist, huh?
who gets saved by 120 hp from a well organized gank?

also if you keep getting ganked in mid at level one you might want to consider w in your bushes and keeping a eye on your sidelanes.

seriously you can not get saved by 120 hp when your opponents are well organized and intent on ganking you at level one. i've pulled off a gank on cho in mid at level one.

K4hid

07-11-2010

I never take doran's ring on her.. I prefer being able to get sheen sooner.

With flat health quint, you get +97 health, close enough of your 120 with the doran and enough to be able to survive at the beginning.

And it's enough to do 2 vs 1 lane. If you get kill, you are just doing it wrong.

If someone take the ring, fine for him, it's still a good help, but I really don't like to use it on Nid.

ImBahBz

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
so, i didn't downvote you, but i will say why chalice isn't the best idea.

if you're picking up chalice for the mp5, then you're doing your rune/mastery page inefficiently. with just doran's ring, you shouldn't ever be in a situation where you don't have mana to cast, and that's from someone that spams Q all the time when i'm in the lane.

also, you want to get rageblade and sheen as fast as possible, and setting yourself back an extra 500g isn't a great way to do it. if the 500g was getting you something critical, then sure, but the chalice doesn't fill that criteria.

so, since chalice fills two roles (mp5 and m.resist), and nidalee doesn't need that much mp5, the only reason to get it would be m.resist...and there are better ways and times to pick up m.resist for nidalee.

if you absolutely wanted to do a meki start with her, then i think it would be better to go fiendish codex over chalice--and fiendish is much lower priority than sheen, rageblade, and boots2 for nid.
I'm not level 30 and thus haven't mentioned runes OR masteries.

and nidalee cant have a shortage of gold, she can clear creeps in one combo.... and jungle easily after lvl 6.

Once I get a full rune page, then I may consider it, but until then I will still have a chalice.

Carados

07-11-2010

Also, just a tip, Two Doran's Rings gives better mana rengeneration then Chalice does. This pretty much means a stronger starting opening is Doran's Ring, boots, Doran's Ring over chalice.

There is really no need to purchase a Chalice on any character who scales with AP.

Taiwan Terror

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Also, just a tip, Two Doran's Rings gives better mana rengeneration then Chalice does. This pretty much means a stronger starting opening is Doran's Ring, boots, Doran's Ring over chalice.

There is really no need to purchase a Chalice on any character who scales with AP.
bah, beat me to it ;p

FreeBeers

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
But I have yet to find a champion that is as satisfying to play as Nidalee.
Udyr!

ImBahBz

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
ah, not being level 30 is kind of a big deal--so you might be forced to take chalice to perform as well as a level 30 nidalee.

though, when you do hit 30, know that just because a character can farm well or quickly, doesn't give them liberty to spend gold inefficiently. what it actually means is that your character becomes better faster (this is true in nidalee's case, as well as some other champions). also, nidalee isn't the only good farmer in the game--she's competing with the other team's great farmers (and assassins) for early game dominance. it's not okay to slow down your build just because you're still farming better than poppy
See I like this person, they can disagree, back up why the disagree, and not ***** like a 5 year old who just got their brand new toy taken away.

yeah, I'm not lvl 30 (20 atm) but i play with a group of irl friends who are all 30 (400+ wins).
I know I am by no means a master of Nid, but I played dota for a while, so I do have some experience, and idk how many games with Nid. Since you cannot deny creeps in LoL, and Nid SHOULD be 1v2 top or bot, there really is no way for her to not have ample gold. She will eventually outlevel and outgear her enemies in her lane.

For me, I NEED the huge regen, I don't have the runes or masteries to do it otherwise.

However, I know I will never be buying 2 rings, or even 1 for that matter lol

But I would like to thank you for explaining your view and not just trolling me.