Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImBahBz

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
Good stuff here except for the Chalice bit. If you take Doran's Ring and spec into Utility you should have plenty of Regen, especially since Sheen/Lich Bane gives you a fairly good boost to your mana pool. Keep in mind that only 3/7 of your abilities use mana at all. Think of Cougar as free mana (since the abilities cost none), as well as regen time.
I agree, that only 3/7 use mana, however always having the mana there to spam her "E" "W" and "Q" is much more important to me than having a Doran's Ring, which cant be made into anything and doesnt help past early game.

Since she has such large range, you shouldn't be getting harassed enough to need the ring, and I personally like being able to spam huge damage spears while always having enough mana to heal.

With Chalice, you will never have to "B" to regen, ONLY to buy. Since not being able to go OOM means you can cast heal on recharge if you wanted.

And with Chalice, sitting in cougar form not only acts as free mana and recharge time, but also huge mana regen.

EDIT: I;m not saying it isn't viable to use other starter items, was just saying why I choose the ones I do :]

Duskshard

07-11-2010

Played a few games and doing fairy well in my current bracket (though doing half arranged with some friends).

Things Ive discovered:
Javilin is actually much harder to hit with then I imagined something ima have to practice heavily. With Ezreal your giving a bigger hitbox to go with while Jav requires decent prediction.

Late game I tend to be human most of the time, healing people throwing spears, dropping traps, and then switching to couger later in the team fight. Is this pretty standard? Is there more oppounitys to use courger late game?

Shes alot of fun though and really rewarding to play. I'll have to try pendant and see though ring keeps me in the lane long enough at the moment.

Oh: My skill up currently is W>E>E>Q then maxing Q (picking up ulti whenever). Seems to be pretty successful though lacks alittle on the harrass. Keeps me laned pretty long though.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

I wouldn't pick up Bushwhack as my first skill. For sure you'll want it before level 6 though.

It seems like you're playing fine so far, even though I can't say for sure unless I see you in-game or something.

Personally my most satisfying moments with Nidalee are when I eat up lone squishies from 100% to 0, when I BD a turret for significant damage (don't do this), and when I land Javelins against unseen foes in the jungle and successfully offing them.

Pwnacus Maximus

07-11-2010

always max heal first. it will save your life so many times its not even funny

ColdBlooded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

chalice on nidalee isn't worth it.

Carados

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
always max heal first. it will save your life so many times its not even funny
No, you take W first. It lets you pepper the entire map with traps in locations, giving you a chance to disrupt junglers, cover some gank points, and so on. You shouldn't need to heal at level one.

WEEQER is basically the right build.

ImBahBz

07-11-2010

well I've been running chalice, and I've never ended with anything less than a very positive KD, so it's working for me.

What use is 120 health at start, that doesn't build into anything, when you will be getting a heal early, and have the mana to use it on cooldown?

edit: It's humorous to me that once I disagree with some one, they downrate every post I've made, ILUL.

anyway, I'm not saying that it's wrong or right to build chalice, I am asking you to prove to me why something else would be viable, don't piss and moan like a ***** if I simply disagree with something you have said and haven't backed up.

Simply saying Chalice is worthless go Ring, is ****ing ignorant tbh, the point of the thread is to help, explaining WHY the ring would be better would be useful. But since it hasn't been done, I will continue to build chalice on Nid and continue to do well. <3

Carados

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBahBz View Post
What use is 120 health at start, that doesn't build into anything, when you will be getting a heal early, and have the mana to use it on cooldown?
Sustained healing doesn't protect against burst damage.

ImBahBz

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Sustained healing doesn't protect against burst damage.
Who gets bursted at lvl 1 as a range? If you're dying that easily at the start of the game, then well, get the ring......

Carados

07-11-2010

Ganking doesn't exist, huh?