Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImBahBz

07-11-2010

I have been playing her relentlessly for a while now, I tried 1 game with ad / hybrid, and have never gone back, when your spear hits for over 800, they get hit by a trap, use it in the grass.... they always walk into it.... and go "R" "W" "E" "Q" "R" "Q" "E" "R" "W" "E" "Q" with 500+ AP, it's painfully clear, that you will do an enormously greater amount of damage, than if you build her AD and auto attack..........

Nidalee is NOT a melee dps.... don't be fooled by playing her like that and winning, you clearly weren't up against people who have any idea what they are doing.

If that's the case, and you are winning games as AD nidalee, then I SUGGEST building 2-3 tiamats on her and spamming "Q" in cougar form, and just watch the rage in all chat scroll.....

As AP Nidalee I go

skills:
Lvl 1: W
Lvl 2: Q
Lvl 3: Q
Lvl 4: E
Lvl 5: Q
Lvl 6: R
Lvl 7: Q / E*
Lvl 8: E / Q*
Lvl 9: Q (Getting your spear early ranks, makes ppl rage, they CANT tower hug, and you can 3 hit squishies with it.
Lvl 10: E
Lvl 11: R
Lvl 12: E

after this just lvl up w/e it doesnt matter, you have your damage capability ready to go and should have a decent amount of kills by now.

Items:
Meki Pendant / Health pot x2
Chalice / boots1
Sheen
Blasting wand / boots 2
Rylai's
Sheen -> Lichbane
Zhonya's
(if the game persists)
Archangel's
Deathfire Grasp

You will now have AoE slow on your Cougar "W" and "E" from the Rylai's along with some 500 health, this means champions CANNOT flee you, your "W" in cougar form is not affected by slows, and when you hit with it, it slows everything around you.

Duskshard

07-11-2010

Hey thanks for the advice guys I'm definately going to pour into some practice with her. I think getting sheen and rageblade and then building what I need (thanks Kajitii) seems like a good stratagy to follow and then I can grab some different items to see how things play out.

Another quick question. First buy? Im guessing its dorians ring mainly, but maybe some other choices?

Also if you have any more dos, donts, tricks and tips it be greatly appricated

Thanks for the help

Carados

07-11-2010

Doran's Ring is pretty much the standard first buy unless you want to do something really risky and buy a Sapphire Crystal. Doran's Ring lets you lane for a much extended period of time, however, the Crystal builds into your early Sheen. Doran's Ring is the safer bet unless you're going to be in against a team where you can pop out earlier and start ganking.

The Promise

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
If you're giving strategies based on not what is good but what you prefer, that is a bad strategy. Sorry.

Thought the point of this forum was to help people. I was mistaken obviously.

It's not flaming. Flaming is insults. If you think disagreement is flaming, you really should learn the meaning of the words you use.

Saying you are wrong when you are objectively wrong isn't flaming. What is flaming? Calling someone a ****.
There is almost no difference in performance between AP and Hybrid. It's a matter of personal preference and what your team needs.

Telling people that they can play either, but mentioning that I prefer Hybrid because I have played that way for months is a bad strategy? I'm offering opinion, not fact. Never did I say that either AP or Hybrid is the end-all, beat-all of builds. All I did was offer information on what I think the best builds for different skill levels were.

I may use the term "flame" loosely but at least I know what the difference between fact and opinion is. Also, you seem to think that AP is hands-down better than a hybrid build. Show how much you know about Nidalee. AP Heals and nukes better than Hybrid, but Hybrid does everything, with healing and nuking that is a bit more weak than AP. They average out to be nearly identical in effectiveness in general, though in some games one will outshine the other.

Carados

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
There is almost no difference in performance between AP and Hybrid.
Wait. Where did I make a claim there was?

Are you just making up things to argue against now?

ImBahBz

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskshard View Post
Another quick question. First buy? Im guessing its dorians ring mainly, but maybe some other choices?

Also if you have any more dos, donts, tricks and tips it be greatly appricated

Thanks for the help
I use Meki pendant and x2 health pots as first buy, giving u mana regen and health regen when needed before lvl 6.

Meki Pendant gets turned into Chalice of Harmony, which means you will almost always be at full mana, making all of her human abilities as spammable as her cougar form's.

You should be setting bushwacks all over the grass and harassing with your"Q", to do this you NEED the mana regen. I've gotten so many kills from spears range its laughable.

You should NOT be auto attacking with her, since her skills are almost instant recharge, so I don't see the benefit from a rageblade. Having a Rylai's gives you more AP more HP and a solid SLOW, since she has no way of slowing or cc-ing by herself.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

here's a little tip for spear throwing, throw it and run away from your target, or if you want a truly max damage spear, "Q" (turn to run away) "Flash" "R" "W"

Her spear does more damage based on how far you are away from your target, when they get HIT, not from where you threw the spear. This couples with a very AP focused build means, you will hit VERY hard, with a VERY quick recharging LONG RANGE ability.

Needless to say, I've hit an Annie with a 1.4k spear.....

The Promise

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Wait. Where did I make a claim there was?

Are you just making up things to argue against now?
It was implied when you inferred that I was telling people to play "my way" and not the "good way." Either way, it's a non-issue and we are derailing the thread.

Let's be friends.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

I did the math a while ago, and I thought I came up with Nidalee being able to almost match Trist in dps, thanks to Surge, though I don't have the results stored anywhere.

ImBahBz

07-11-2010

well thats pretty good, considering she's not a "DPS" champ.

The Promise

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBahBz View Post
I use Meki pendant and x2 health pots as first buy, giving u mana regen and health regen when needed before lvl 6.

Meki Pendant gets turned into Chalice of Harmony, which means you will almost always be at full mana, making all of her human abilities as spammable as her cougar form's.

You should be setting bushwacks all over the grass and harassing with your"Q", to do this you NEED the mana regen. I've gotten so many kills from spears range its laughable.

You should NOT be auto attacking with her, since her skills are almost instant recharge, so I don't see the benefit from a rageblade. Having a Rylai's gives you more AP more HP and a solid SLOW, since she has no way of slowing or cc-ing by herself.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

here's a little tip for spear throwing, throw it and run away from your target, or if you want a truly max damage spear, "Q" (turn to run away) "Flash" "R" "W"

Her spear does more damage based on how far you are away from your target, when they get HIT, not from where you threw the spear. This couples with a very AP focused build means, you will hit VERY hard, with a VERY quick recharging LONG RANGE ability.

Needless to say, I've hit an Annie with a 1.4k spear.....
Good stuff here except for the Chalice bit. If you take Doran's Ring and spec into Utility you should have plenty of Regen, especially since Sheen/Lich Bane gives you a fairly good boost to your mana pool. Keep in mind that only 3/7 of your abilities use mana at all. Think of Cougar as free mana (since the abilities cost none), as well as regen time.