Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duskshard

Senior Member

07-11-2010

Sup Summoners, just got a cupple of questions about Nidalee.

1. Is she a viable main? I don't know if its my current bracket (which it has to be pretty low) but I almost never see her played. She seems to be a decent champ capable of performing well in high level play.

2. Before I go checking around for guides and doing some reading. Is there a specific build which is better for newer Nids players? AP? AD? Hybrid? Or do most the builds play exactly the same on her.

Any tips you can include would be awesome as well.

Thanks in advance.
~Dusk


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-11-2010

Last hit and spam heal until 6, then faceroll in cougar for easy kills. Throw down bushwacks in the brush to make it look like you're doing something. Build towards trinity force to make cougar even more potent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskshard View Post
1. Is she a viable main? I don't know if its my current bracket (which it has to be pretty low) but I almost never see her played. She seems to be a decent champ capable of performing well in high level play.
Nidalee is quite viable until maybe high elo. I dunno. But she's decent all around. Be aware though, Nidalee's main weaknesses are that she is pretty darn squishy, so unless you are support Nidalee, you're pretty useless in team fights, and that she has no CC.

She's decent at pushing a lane and attacking a turret though, but this depends on how observant the enemy is, and their team composition.

Quote:
2. Before I go checking around for guides and doing some reading. Is there a specific build which is better for newer Nids players? AP? AD? Hybrid? Or do most the builds play exactly the same on her.
If skill shots are your thing, you could go ahead and do AP Nidalee. Javelins become mini nukes, and your heals become quite potent. Cougar form will also do a bit more damage from Pounce and Swipe (but not Takedown). AP Nidalee is the best for team fights imo, as it keeps you out of the thick of things.

If killing people and being a makeshift carry appeals to you, AD Nidalee can work. Take advantage of the AS buff that her heal provides, and make quick work of squishies and towers alike.

Hybrid is for in-between. Actually, I believe for both builds, you'll initially be going hybrid anyways with such items as: Sheen (great with Cougar), Guinsoo's Rageblade (a pro can keep this at 8 stacks nearly all the time). After you build these two and your boots, you should decide whether hybrid or AP/AD is the way to go depending on how your opponents play and what their builds are.

Quote:
Any tips you can include would be awesome as well.
Nidalee makes a great jungle creep killer (I've never tried full jungling though, so I can't say anything), and can take down Dragon with relative ease past lvl 11 or so.

Make use of Nidalee's traps! Any enemy that walks over them gets debuffed for 12 seconds. The debuff reveals their location as well as reduce their Armor and MR by up to 40%! If you're trying to take out someone, sometimes baiting them into a trap makes all the difference. Trying to land a trap in the middle of a lane is a gamble though, as it doesn't activate right away, but you might have more success in a team fight. A single trap can hit multiple targets. Traps last for 4 minutes if not triggered.

All Cougar form does is give you increased MS and 10 Dodge in addition to the new set of abilities. Cougar form is purely cooldown based: it doesn't cost anything. Beware that Pounce does NOT benefit from CDR.

You should get a few practice games in to get used to Nidalee's abilities. Pounce only works in the current direction you're facing, it's not like you can decide the direction by a mouse click unless you're clicking to face said direction. Pounce can also hop over small walls, including west of Dragon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

Member

07-11-2010

1. Yes she is very viable, but she is very hard to play well. As such she is one of the least played Champions in the League. She is generally considered the strongest champion with 0 CC.

2. As for a build for newer players, try AD/AP Hybrid. AD Nidalee is terrible. AP Nidalee relies very heavily on landing Javelins and being good with Cougar since your auto-attacking is pitiful. The Hybrid build gives you more auto-attack damage and is much less reliant on Javelin. Once you get some practice the decision between AP and AD is pretty much up to personal preference.

If I were you I would start with a hybrid build and learn the ropes. It's tough, but it gives you a bit of a crash-course in Nidalee. Once you get decent try an AP build. Hybrid builds require near-perfection to play to their best potential. AP is more forgiving (as forgiving as Nidalee can be, which is much less so than most other champions). Then pick a build and go with it. Again, AP vs. Hybrid is a matter of preference once you get better.

However, keep in mind that Nidalee is, in my opinion, one of the most difficult Champions to both learn and master. She is the best at nothing, so she has to be good at everything, and that means knowing how to do everything she can do. Getting your skill with Nidalee to a level that will convince people that she isn't useless will take practice, and a lot of it. You're in for the long haul, friend. But I have yet to find a champion that is as satisfying to play as Nidalee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

07-11-2010

AP nida--
Dammit, Promise beat me to it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

Member

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
AP nida--
Dammit, Promise beat me to it.
Don't I usually beat you to it?

I am the Nidalee Judicator of the G&S Forum!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
Don't I usually beat you to it?

I am the Nidalee Judicator of the G&S Forum!
Not really, because you're completely wrong. If you choose one over the other every game, you're ignoring the thing which makes her an amazing champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Not really, because you're completely wrong. If you choose one over the other every game, you're ignoring the thing which makes her an amazing champion.
there's pretty much no reason at all to play AD nidalee. AP and Hybrid simply out class it in every way. Heals, Damage, Survivability, everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

Member

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Not really, because you're completely wrong. If you choose one over the other every game, you're ignoring the thing which makes her an amazing champion.
I have a preferred playstyle, thus I choose one over the other every game, thus I am ignoring "the thing that makes her an amazing champion."

That logic doesn't follow friend. You're making an assumption that isn't tacit. I play AP Nidalee, just not as often because I don't enjoy it as much. If AP is clearly and obviously a better choice for a game I play AP, but that isn't 50% of the games I play.

Flame more. It really makes you look mature, knowledgeable, and an asset to the forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
I have a preferred playstyle, thus I choose one over the other every game, thus I am ignoring "the thing that makes her an amazing champion."

That logic doesn't follow friend.
If you're giving strategies based on not what is good but what you prefer, that is a bad strategy. Sorry.

Thought the point of this forum was to help people. I was mistaken obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
Flame more. It really makes you look mature, knowledgeable, and an asset to the forums.
It's not flaming. Flaming is insults. If you think disagreement is flaming, you really should learn the meaning of the words you use.

Saying you are wrong when you are objectively wrong isn't flaming. What is flaming? Calling someone a ****.